1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Snowvon:
    I hated Snowvons logic in a post earlier on Atum.

He read Atum as not alligned with Mathblade for something that was nothing at best, scummy at worst. (if you consider Mathblade is godfather and mafia knows she is greenchecked that day)

I hate the general activity of both of them.
    The only plus for Von is Fontis read on him, and i feel if he is town she will kill me.
    If you guys want to kill him, i may agree, but he is not my first target.

Atum:
    Not a lot of activity total, and it feels even now that the days are getting slower he is one of the people with the lowest posts.
    I feel like i liked the posts he did write more than not, but with such little activity at all , that is not worth a lot.
    He doesnt feel like i can read or allign him just because I dont have enough quality information. And he still gets townread by ppl for it.

Typhon:
    I do believe Qgqqqq was more likely town or 3p than groupscum.
    That makes the hard push on him not look that good.
    But I dont think you had another place to push if you want to avoid dying urself there.
    The two of you were on the chopping block next to each other for 2 days.

Todays try to get the game going reads more towny. which might tip the tales in you favor for today (from my point of view).

Citrus:
    I somehow feel like he is supposed to be towns ace-card left in this game (just because he is the most experienced forummafia player left, sorry if i am wrong here).
    But up to this point he feels more like a Jack of Spades, scummy enough to not die in the night, town enough to not die in the day, and with the potential for a royal flush if we draw the right cards.
    Light townread. paranoid about him, but not the target for today, unless someone has a monster case.

Zenzao
    Unsure. If there was a 2nd mafia voting on me day 1 and a mafia at all voting on me d3 it is most likely him testing the water.

Metatownread from day 1. Somehow blindly fighting Titus for a long time, which looked really weird to me.
    In general more towny then not in his post.

Kalas:
    I dont want to kill Kalas, as blindly as he is trying to go for me, he doesnt really feel scummy doing so.

Well i read Mathblade towny because i didnt think a mafia could be that blind, but she was Godfather.
    As godfather u actually want to get checked, so it is fine to play that offensive.

Atum > Snowvon > Typhon > Zenzao > Citrus > Kalas

Dont want to kill Kalas

Citrus only with a monster solid case.

Zenzao sunsure, but not a kill for today, i think.

Typhon felt more towny then the other two, when he finally started to play.

Snowvon only real plus is the fonti read.

Atum .. only plus is that i am not sure if mafia would get this inactive this late into the game.

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am willing to lynch Atum, but I would prefer Snow. I gave my reads back when Atum asked for them(top 3 town/top 3 scum) a few pages back, but Kalas argument on Jan is swaying me as it feels more compelling over why I'm Scumreading Atum.

Atum just hasn't been here aside from popping up once in blue moon to barely comment on anything. He's been mostly lurking his way through the game since the end of D1 from what I remember.

Kalas' push against Jan is leading me to agree that he(Jan) and Snow are the remaining Scum at the moment.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Atum thoughts:

Early posts have a lot of filler and questions. "X, what are your thoughts on Y?" - too many of those in a row without them going anywhere seems scummy. Like, asking questions and getting explanations is fine, but not if that's all you're doing.

Interactions with Titus (kind of around the 300's) feel more towny - like he's got a point about what Titus is doing and is not backing down until he gets answers and is trying to make sense of what's happening.

Then through the 700's/800's, more questions. "Link me a scumgame". "Tell me about your approach to Mafia." "Why'd you vote TMNT just now?" - one at a time these seem pretty reasonable, but doing an ISO they kinda stand out as a pattern - this looks like someone trying to look like they're figuring things out but only doing the first step where you clarify.

Interesting post to Mathblade here. I'm trying to put myself in a frame of mind where scum!Atum makes this post to scum!MathBlade. I think I can see it, but would like someone to chime in specifically here.

Here's a defense of TMNT. I'm tempted to say this is + town, but it could also be TMI and knowing that the scummy things people were latching on to were just air. It's not a hard defense, and it certainly wasn't enough to stop the wagon, so it might be a designed for townpoints post.

Giving Atum big townpoints for this post, where he was really in line with what I was thinking about how Titus handled the Tsunade role. I think later in the thread someone brought up that question at the end to fonti - "how long do you expect to survive this game?" as being pretty scummy. Not sure I see it, but it is kind of a weird question to put there. It pings the radar a bit.

More townpoints for bringing up the TMNT defense again. I can read conviction in this post - like, he means this. Theoretically that conviction could come from knowing TMNT would be a mislynch, but the wording is more like fear, caution, thinking it through... this reads pretty towny to me.

As of post 2000 I'm feeling like policy lynching Atum for lurking recently is what we'd be doing if we lynched him.

Taking a quick break to work through the next half of his posts.

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    All that and you don't even bother to vote. mfw. Coin toss between you and Snow, and Day rapidly running toward a close without a Judge to guarantee a lynch, I am reluctantly favoring you here.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Scum are caught through mistakes. If scum weren't capable of making good posts Town would never lose.

Your fonti and Banks interactions weren't the worst things you did. They're just of interest considering that they were the Night Kills.

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Jan is today's Lynch Zen. Atum's absence is garbage but he wasn't actively scum before he disappeared.

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:
    Typhon(1): Snowvon(#3752)
    Snowvon(2): Typhon(#3834), Zenzao(#3747).
    Atum(2): Pozzai(#3875), Citrus(#3876).
    Jan(1): Kalas(#3873).

---------- Post automerged at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

If we end up lynching Guren(Roleblocker) over Kabuto(Second Souper) ToDay is my main concern right now, as I already gave my thoughts on the Roleblocker being relatively useless at this point of the game(few if any roles to realistically roleblock, most are passive).

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I can see where you're coming from, which is why I prefer Snow. Actually, I was almost exactly where you were - nullish, maybe even very slight town lean with some niggling doubts about him not contributing as much as you would think he did if you didn't iso him. His utter disappearance after being townread by most everyone does him no credit, though. When he does pop in, he just has a veneer of activity, not anything that actually contributes. I don't know, it just strikes me as something that scum would do after having a strong first day, because if they were ever suspected to the point of an iso read then people would turn up exactly what you (and I did when I skimmed him) did. Maybe that's overly WIFOMy thinking from me, but that's where I'm at on him.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

ZenZao I am here and will be till day ends. kinda fucks with my sleeping schedule but that doesnt matter too much.

I can vote sure, but if Atum is not around to react there is not a lot we will get from it.

VOTE ATUM

This will get nothing done if he is not around.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    5 to lynch.

Snowvon(2): Zenzao (3747), Typhon (3834)

Typhon(1): Snowvon (3752)

Jan(1): Kalas (3873)

Atum(2): Pozzai (3875), Citrus (3876)

THERE. Up to date votals. We have an hour forty.

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

EBWOP: Atum is voting me too iirc. That's literally his only post today, made with no reasoning.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Woo, power outages are fun.

Thanks for the VC Zen.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Ugh ninja'd

13. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    You vote your top Scumspect, Jan, typically because you view them as Scum. Voting them just to get a raise out of them is something that can be afforded in D1/D2, maybe even D3. But by D4 the writing is beginning to shine on the walls.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Nevermind, I looked and he didn't vote. I was just at the top of his readwall. My bad.

15. Koalas

High Score:
    What are you on about? Post number?

---------- Post automerged at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

:facepalm ugh

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Yeah Atum hasn't voted.

NP HF. We have three on Atum and under New's current reasoning I am not happy with that.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hmm, maybe.

I am mainly afraid that he dies before actually writing something in here.

Since i know i am around for another 2 hours, while other might not be, my vote is not as important right now.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Out of genuine curiosity what do you expect him to say in the last 2 hours that he couldn't in the past 100?

---------- Post automerged at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

THEN MOVE TO JAN.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    We can more or less count out Snow changing his vote. That means either four of (Pozzai/Citrus/Zenzao/Typhon) redirect to Jan, or three of (Pozzai/Citrus/Kalas/Jan) redirect to Snowvon.

I don't even know what to do with this right now.

WAIT. Yes I do!

UNVOTE

Lynch Vote Jan

20. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think I can get behind that. It feels like something plausible scum!Atum could do. At this point I'd say he's a solid third on my list after Snowvon and Citrus, but I could still live with lynching him over no one.