1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are you not even slightly considering Jan?

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You Zoot-suiting ninja.

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Jesus, I feel like I'm watching Jan implode. Still have a Snowvon preference but at this point I can go for a Jan lynch too. Way better than anybody besides Snow or Atum.

New, how do you feel on Jan?

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Less than an hour and half remaining.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Kalas

This is the end of your big post against Jan.

Can you give me like a three-sentence (or so) PoV from the mindset of scum!Jan? Like if he's scum, what is he trying to accomplish with the way he's been posting? I see the scummy things, but I just can't wrap my head around what scum!Jan has been doing this whole time?

Jan's actually my biggest null right now - he's almost a complete cipher to me. I have liked some of his big posts but they were mostly speculation and role thoughts that hadn't occurred to me yet.

I'm also really unsure why scum!Mathblade would name a scumbuddy as the Cop to her Hinata and then have Jan say "nope, not me." I mean that post put the nail in Math's coffin. Of course if he did say he was cop, he just put scum in a 2v2 which would be great for us. So I just can't see why Math would claim a scumbuddy as a Cop... but then again I can't see a reason why Math did a lot of things.

Anyway, Kalas or anyone else, if Jan is scum, what's his "Mission Statement"?

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    5 to lynch.

Atum(3): Pozzai (3875), Citrus (3876), Jan(3888)

Jan(2): Kalas (3873), Zenzao (3899)

Snowvon(1): Typhon (3834)
    Typhon(1): Snowvon (3752)

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I dont even know how to read Zenzaos follow up jump on me here.

I am certain not both of you are scum.

I read Kalas more towny.

But why would you jump on me here?

If you are scum you are protecting your scumbuddy, or trying to jump on me because this way you can go on snow or atum tomorrow.

You did jump on me without any real reason, yesterday.

Citrus called you out on it. It didnt even matter in the end.

In general a question for town .. in the odd case that it gets close, should i claim in any case or never claim?

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I can't really give you a solid answer to this. My best interpretation at the moment is this; Play neutral enough to not be questioned over not being NK'd/Souped for being too towny or lynched/judge!lynched by town for being too Scummy. Sitting relatively in the middle of the pack isn't a terrible place to be for Scum.

But. This actually has me wondering.

---------- Post automerged at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

You read it as either towny or Scummy and prod back if you truly believe that I am on the wrong path. IDK.

Who would Kalas' Scumbuddy be in this scenario of a town!Jan Scum!Kalas world? You debunk both Snow and Atum right afterward so... ?

Pretty sure Kalas laid a small case against you yesterDay. He laid a more heavily built case ToDay.

And yes, if your head is being fitted to the noose, you claim.

9. Newcomb

More Atum thoughts:

Here's a tiff with Titus. Knowing where she's coming from is interesting, because while you can sort of see it, Kalas and Atum have similar reactions. Scroll down and read the three-way interactions between them here. I could almost squint and see scum!Kalas/Atum for this, but I think it's far more likely that this is super genuine. I was in Titus's QT at this point and I still didn't understand WTF she was doing.

Here's conviction to confirm MathBlade as scum. Combined with the soft-defense of TMNT earlier I think this is a good place to put Atum on hold for right now. I just can't see scum!Atum both defending TMNT and going after MathBlade.

Unless anyone can remember anything Atum did recently that was scummy besides lurking and general inactivity, I'm taking him off my lynch list for today.

10. Koalas

High Score:
    At best there are two group scum left. Of these group scum I believe Jan to be Kabuto.

Thus Jan's mission statement is simple. Survive long enough to get another Poison shot lined up, then attempt a Win by role guess. Doing this isn't easy but it also isn't difficult. Be inoffensive enough that people start questioning.

You can see this in how Jan thanked me for the case on him. And you can see the slip in 3888. Jan doens't want a defense, he wants a reaction. Another piece for the role puzzle.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Scum!Kalas could try to get the miss on me to get a possible wagon from his partner for another day.

Continueing the crusade started yesterday is the better way than going on Atum today, because it doesnt look like he is flipping his reads, for nothing.

That wrong conviction is also the biggest reason i read him town.

I dont think you are on the wrong path .. I know you are.

Your reasoning for it is weak.

Kalas sees a single mistake i made day 1, which actually explains several other odd moves i made day 1 and ignores everything else.

You jumping on it is rather oportunistic.

The way you argue that only Von and I might get killed today due to Von prevoting is weird to me.

I will vote Von if Newcomb and/or Pozzai ask me to. I won't do it with you pushing on me just to make my vote change.
    Not sure where that attitude of yours is coming from.
    But you may be able to explain it.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    ... Are you actually asking this with the role you've been crumbing?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Newcomb!

What Atum did there was on day 2.

Mafia knew there was a greencheck on Mathblade.
    Him going on Mathblade without going really hard (which he never did) may just be a way to spot a cop doing/saying something off.

---------- Post automerged at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

You know the role i have been crumbing?

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Nothing has been ignored. I've looked at the big picture and the big mistake you made Day 1 is the nail in the coffin.

---------- Post automerged at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

It was pretty blatant.

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Honestly, Math and Titus boggle my mind. I have an endlessly difficult time trying figure out what they were doing in the simplest situation. I do see where you're coming from though. I don't have your confidence, but I can at least follow your reasoning.

16. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Newcomb we need to gather our thoughts soon.

Snowvon or Jan then.

I've generally read Snowvon townier than Jan, both of them had really weak/vague pokes at me day two without much/any of their own thoughtprocess added, merely going by the "Fonti died, so whattup Pozz?" thing.

17. Newcomb

Damn it, I'd forgotten about that. So you think Atum was trying to kick up some dust about MathBlade trying to spot the cop going "you're barking up the wrong tree"?

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I agree, we need to circle the wagon. I still don't really "feel" the Jan case, but I'm willing to lynch him if you're convinced and the other option is lynching no one.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am saying it is a possibility.
    And that is why i didnt like Snowvons read on Atum earlier, because he posted 3 quotes of Atum calling Mathblade out on day, and called him never groupscum for it.

That also made me read both of them more scummy.

The only reason it is Atum > Von for me is fontis day 1 read, nothing else.

---------- Post automerged at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Wait the one person who has never been good at reading me in a game got the power over my head.

Oh this will be a disaster.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I believe I asked you for player names in this circumstance. You conveniently fail to do so.

Hardly the mountain-moving counter-argument I expected.

The wagon on Atum is spinning in the mud right now as opinions on his behavior push him further toward the back for, at most, a D5 lynch. Your wagon or Snow is the only one gaining traction.

You do that, pal.

20. Newcomb

How does scum!Jan make posts like this or this?

You can practically feel him working through it. I mean, anything is possible to fake, but if that's fake, that's damn good.