1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Weeeeeeell, you might have me there. Gimmie a break, though - subtly repping Sakura is like the only good thing I've done this game besides being obvious clueless town.

Seriously no judgment against your wolf skills, though. I probably would have gone down to F3 or something with you if you hadn't been outed. Hat's off.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, this game has been a bit of mess out of me. One thing after another IRL the entire game (had a followup medical appointment this afternoon). I'll probably be bowing out of mafia again after this, because I just can't match the time component. But yeah, that said, I've been isoing here.

From my QT. More coming. Doing interactions first, will do impressions after that. They'll all go up tonight.

Interaction analysis.
    Day 1

Titus -----|-|||||||||-||+|||
    Newcomb |+||+|
    Banks |
    Waco +|
    TMNT --|
    Pozzai ||-|+-
    Fonti ||||
    Math |||||||||
    Xan/Rub ---|||
    Jan -|+-
    Citrus +
    Atum +
    Zen +|
    Qg ++

No direct interactions - Typhon, Snowvon

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Kalas, what are your thoughts on Tobi/reads/etc.? Please and thanks!

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Also, before I dive back in, claiming seems like a bad idea. I think it is insanely unlikely that there is a chance for another round of poison, but it seems like an unnecessary risk for essentially no reward (assuming scum know what roles remain, which might not be the case seeing that they missed their mass soup on the second try - sorry Kalas, had to be said). Still, I will if it's thread consensus.

5. Newcomb

Z, I'm on phone now, but look back over Citrus's rational for massclaiming. What do you think?

6. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

I've got no feedback from last night. And I have avoided hinting at my role.

I don't think Zenzao is scum, though things like him pushing for cases against himself and the attitude thing you mentioned are kind of off. I think scum!Citrus is more likely than scum!Zenzao though. Zenzao! Do you have scum games for me to look at?

We should wait until tomorrow for a massclaim if we're doing it at all.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You've been playing the classic 3P playstyle and contributing far less then what I'd expect from you as a player. I was half expecting you to reveal as Jiraiya but Jan nixed that, and my fakeclaim, in the bud.

Zenzao was, relatively, quiet till Day 3 I believe then he kicked it into high gear to get town out of the apathy phase (thanks for that btw :rolleyes:). Now this could be an attempt by Tobi to dominate late game discussion or play into his [redacted] role.

Honestly it really comes down to who reveals as what atm.

---------- Post automerged at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Wish I could say I would have kept you but there's only so long you can keep conf!Town alive before they start questioning which scum they've townread.

---------- Post automerged at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Also dibs on my hammer.

8. Newcomb

This is good, thanks.

Okay, do your impressions, and then I think everyone should get it set in their own head who they think is Tobi/Kalas's partner if the game continues.

We should establish a "who's 2nd on the block after Kalas" - either as a lynch target tomorrow or as Sarutobi's shot if he gets NK'ed.

No massclaim. I just don't see the upside - I can look down the list and see a couple roles that I'm pretty sure would be safe fakeclaims, and I've been terrible about picking up clues as to roles. Odds we get something CCable are just miniscule. Odds there is another poison shot out there are also small, but not zero.

Kalas, you're welcome to hammer. I say we do it tonight, though.

9. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think it works out. Either Orochimaru died and Kabuto has spent his two attempts N3/N4, or Kalas is Orochimaru and we can afford to claim ToDay as a potentially surviving Kabuto cannot Soup any player until N6.

I'd prefer an order of Citrus > Atum > Typhon > Me > You on claiming.

I'm willing to put myself out there for cross-examination because I don't have anything to hide. If you think I'm Scum then lay out your reasoning for everyone to see(ie make a case!), which neither Titus nor Citrus did or have done. The only relevant Scum game I played in the past two years was Bat2

10. Koalas

High Score:
    I don't get to claim?

11. Newcomb

Yeah the risk there, though, is that we have to hit Kabuto tomorrow or we lose, full stop.

Granted I think this is less likely than Kabuto!Kalas, but if you search your heart, do you really see a massclaim getting us any actionable info?

---------- Post automerged at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Thought you already claimed Orochibuto?

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Orochimaru and Kabuto. Orochibuto was just a fandom portmanteau for when they fused.

13. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Fair enough. So you believe that this is an Orochimaru!Kalas world?

14. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Hey Typhon, can you include yourself in your interaction analysis?

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Newcomb, do you want me to finish the other days of interaction analysis first and then do impressions, or just do impressions?

Atum - that's just for day 1, and Kalas literally didn't talk to either me or Snow at all day 1.

16. Newcomb

No, I think it's more likely he's Kabuto. Rubicon being Orochimaru makes way more sense with the way TMNT lived until N3 and died along with Waco - Orochimaru can poison every night, the reasons why you'd leave confirmed town alive that long are:

a) Really weird play and love of mind games on the part of Orochimaru

or

b) Kabuto knowing he's got 2 shots, and only 2 shots, and waiting until N2 to puppet for N3 kills when Waco and Pozzai outed D2, giving Kabuto 3 targets, which was probably too juicy to pass up.

I just don't think mass claiming gets us anything even if it's relatively low-risk.

I'm open to being convinced back over to claiming - it's not like my convictions are super strong on this point, especially given the fact that it's a mechanical late-game play and I feel pretty out of my depth.

Also, I may have missed it, but any feedback from last night, Z?

---------- Post automerged at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Personally, while I thought the interaction graph thing was interesting, I'm not getting any conclusions out of them. I'd be happy with an overall read backed up with evidence.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Mind games are the best part of mafia!

---------- Post automerged at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Newcomb, mass claims will get you Tobi at this point. Zenzao's and Citrus' seperate plays make sense from different role perspectives. One of them will be caught in a lie.

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Mm. So if Orochimaru is dead and we lynch Kabuto!Kalas, than there really isn't a risk of Souping over the following Nights. It's only a matter of who gets ousted during the mass claim - either Guren(providing we haven't lynched them in Snow) or Tobi(providing we haven't lynched them in Q), or, unlikely, both.

No feedback on my end.

I'm also running out of patience with the gamestate right now and I am willing to claim first, though I'd prefer for the others to do so ahead of me.

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Fair enough. If the game doesn't end, I'll finish them in the night. I usually just use them because when people are trying to hide something, they usually unconciously pattern things. ie. I would expect Kalas to have interacted with the different members of his scum team in varying amounts and ways. This method worked really well with Rubicon spew analysis, as it indicated there was scum in Kalas/Jan and in Qg/Snow/Citrus. That's part of the reason that I'm so confident that we're done here (meaning the Kalas lynch would win us the game).

That analysis also points to the remaining scum being Citrus if the game isn't over, but my gut says the remaining scum would be Atum. Not interested in a Zenzao lynch unless the Kalas spew paints him as scummy as fuck.

But yeah, of to read for that now. Back in just a bit.

20. Newcomb

No, if we're claiming, the order your proposed is good.