1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 3 discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Dark Monarch, Nov 15, 2006.

?

What is better in your opinion?

1. Playstation 3

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Nintendo Wii

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. XBOX 360

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. bjs1111

bjs1111 First Year

I JUST GOT MY PS3...I waited 4 hours outside my best buy to get one....I got it a 12:45 A.M. Friday November 17, 2006. I was the 31st person there to get one

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Well, look, it seems you want people to like you here and stop yelling at you and saying STFU, but saying that you have a PS3 before me...I hope you die.

3. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

Good for you. See you online on March 23rd.

4. bjs1111

bjs1111 First Year

lol not sure bout goin online yet...but...DLR...you can always borrow my PS3 if you want...after giving me $600 in credit beforehand

5. The Dark Monarch

What type did you get? The 20gig version or the 60gig version.

6. Dark Lord Rostam

How 'bout I kill you? Address, name, and phone number, please?

7. bjs1111

bjs1111 First Year

20 gig version

8. Fulgar

Fulgar Second Year

You fool! Why on earth did you get the 20 gig version when you could've gotton the pimped up 60 gig version!? The silver chrome trimming... *drools*

P.S. Did you also know that Unreal Tournament 2007 is also coming out for the Ps3?

9. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

I voted for the Wii. As stupid as the name maybe I'm not giving up on it. I personally hate Sony (and blu-ray) with a passion so I'm might not be the best judge. But things are incredibly crazy where I'm at. I go to school in Baltimore. Since last night 6 people have been hospitalized because they got their PS3's stolen and 1 person was shot. In Glen Burnie the Anne Arundel SWAT had to camp outside the best buy because the crowd was getting rowdy. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

10. bjs1111

bjs1111 First Year

i went for the 20 gig version because i just didn't feel like going for somethin that big that i knew i wouldn't be able to reach the limit soon....with the 20 gig version i can reach its limit and then it lets me limit my save games so i dont get overloaded with saved games(on my xbox i have 391 NBA Live 2005 saved games alone and i dont even like sports all that much)

11. The Dark Monarch

Do you have to plug it into the wall to get the net?

What game did you get?

Hey that rhymed, now I'm supposed to make a corny joke about time.

12. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

So what you guys think as a college student planning on building a gaming computer when I graduate and get a job you think an xbox 360 is a good step with maybe getting a Wii when its cheaper.

13. bjs1111

bjs1111 First Year

in terms of getting next-gen consoles i would go XBOX 360/Wii/PS3 just because with Xbox 360 you get next gen games but not so stunning features...with Wii you ge tthe wii-mote...and with PS3 you get the culmination of almost 5 years of improvement on console gaming technology so it all evens out

14. se7en

se7en Professor

The only reason people are buying the ps3 is because they want to make double the money on ebay.

15. Dark Lord Rostam

Are you shitting me? PS3's are selling the fuck out, and people are killing to get them. Fuck selling them, these things are priceless. You need to keep them. The target near me has people waiting, and they are all sold out. First day. These things are selling like hotcakes, no matter the price.

16. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    They are selling like hotcakes because Sony put out such a limited supply, which leads to people getting pissed at the people that already have them which then leads to violence and so forth.

17. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Nintendo is not even interested in the console war, they are just trying out new things according to the creator.

18. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

I have a feeling that Nintendo will not do that well. It is rather interesting that a company that prides itself on innovation, is simply releasing all of the same things all over again, just a little bit different. I can only play Mario so many times until I want something else.

19. The Dark Monarch

Nintendo is not even interested in the console war, they are just trying out new things according to the creator.

People who are LOSING always say that.

20. Xenon

Xenon Professor

I believe they've going about it the right way.Think about it. Wii has lower production costs. The point of the numchucks is ease of control, to expand the gaming market. Don't forget about their games. If nothing else, they have nostalgia value and instant brand name recognition. In the long run Nintendo won't make as much, but I mean come on, they'll be reaping it in for the next couple of months if only for the sheer gimmick value of the controller ( This ignoring the fact it has the lowest next gen console price).

Sony and Microsoft are caught up in who can and dominating the market for the next 5 years, and Nintendo is just going for immediate profit. The only way for them to "lose" is to make less profit of this then they did with the Game Cube.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006