1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I figure scum know their own PR, so they have more information about deducing what the other roles could be.

That's a reasonable point, though - I hadn't quite "got there" in my reasoning. At this point I'm just looking for people who seem to be on a different wavelength than myself.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'd be shocked if it was 3 wolves / 1 3P - the 3P would have to be non-killing making them a Survivor, and I don't think that's likely for this kind of setup.

Having a 3P in general doesn't really make sense with 12 players. 2 scum / 1 3P is a bit weird of a balance as it's then pretty hard for the scum-faction to win.

I'd wager it's a 3-man scum team. If I were pushed to say it's one of the other two I guess it'd be 3/1 non-killing (2/1 killing is incredibly unlikely)

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

So Newcomb's town, which is good. 1 down, 10 to go

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Note the "assuming no SK", so in 12 players 2 mislynches leads to:

3/9
    3/7
    3/5

Which is LYLO I think, since a further mislynch leads to 3/3 (loss)?

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hey Fluffiness. Please answer the following multiple choice question and include your reasoning:

19. Rubicon and Blab are tied in votes at L-1 with 48 hours left in the day. Snowvon is the only one that hasn't voted yet.

Do you
    A) try to move a wagon onto Snowvon
    B) let Snowvon choose the hammer

If B), Do you try to move a wagon onto Snowvon the next day?

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

3 mislynches is usually the number for a town loss in a completely vanilla 12-man 3-scum game for balance, correct me if I'm wrong anyone

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I guess it might be MYLO as well? Obviously I didn't include possibilities of successful doctor/other protective roles, since depending on how many we have as I said at the start of that post I could maybe see 4 scum (or 3 scum 1 survivor)

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

For a second I thought I was actually at L-1.

I had the opposite reaction to Newcomb's response.

7. Newcomb

FWIW I'm actually town leaning on Rubicon now because that felt like a very genuine "why are you so interested in the cop" suspicion.

And Citrus calling me town (not leaning, straight up) for that response to Rubicon feels almost like TMI. Weak scumread.

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This thread is going to be long by the end of the first day. Every time I go to make a post I find three new ones. :/

Reads so far:

Newcomb: mostly defending people, then over-explains and apologizes when called out on it. Doesn’t give evidence for his reads. Why does Blab’s post give you a sinking feeling? I don’t know this game with Titus, so you have to explain. Going with bandwagons, when Rubicon said that he had the opposite response to Citris's read on Newcomb, Newcomb seemed to immediately turn on Citris and view Rubicon as town.

Citris: casual and confident play style. Doesn't explain why he's certain Newcomb is town.

Scott Press: he’s a newbie, so it’s hard to tell what’s legit or not. His post #23 to Jan seems like he’s fishing for information on how to stay out of the limelight with his activity. Did his random vote due to peer pressure, seems nervous.

Blab: weird first post, trying too hard. Doesn’t match the town Blab I played with last game.

Jan: doesn’t have proper grammar or paragraphs, which I automatically dislike. Defends Blab’s post. His attempt to get reactions out of people is clumsy, but that’s not necessarily scummy behavior.

Seratin: hasn’t posted yet.

Rubicon: No read right now, seems okay.

Snowvon: is deducing and asking questions, seem alright.

Fluff: townish, asking logical questions about inconsistencies, kind of in the background.

Wei: asking questions, pretty towny.

Zenzao: town, his posts ring sincere, jumps on scummy things.

So, in conclusion.

Vote: Newcomb.

9. Newcomb

How exactly could I have explained my PoV in a more concise way? I was 100% transparent and it took like two sentences. The only reads I have right now are weak town Rubicon, weak scum Citrus, which I did explain based on their interactions with me. Oh, and I called Snowvon town but that was kinda a joke with the Waco thing. I'm null on Snowvon at the moment.

Rubicon I think is more likely town than not because his push against me is focused on the intent behind my questions, and not just the questions themselves. Like, he wants to know why I'm doing things. That's a towny mindset.

Citrus called me town after I posted this:

Which I feel isn't enough to clear me. He's correct that I'm town, but I feel like if you're town, and reading what I wrote, you wouldn't immediately jump to reading the town PoV in my post without ALREADY knowing I'm that. I don't feel super confident about that Citrus read, though - it's also quite possible that he's just experienced and good.

---------- Post automerged at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Blab's post gave me a sinking feeling because I got nothing out of it; it felt obtuse. Opaque. Titus's MO in Narutomafia was to make posts that were feints, designed to test reactions, elicit confusion, whatever.

As an extremely new player I want town to be as transparent as possible. No gambits, no feints, no fakeouts. Just be obvious town, make a towncircle, and then we lynch scum.

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy eagerposting, Batman! Just back from work and this thread has gone into hyperspace. Not much shitty RV going on and people are actually being logical. This bodes well for this game.

It's still super early to have gotten a proper read on people but Newcomb and Citrus seem to be playing off each other well, as if they're hanging out in wolfchat with strawberry sundaes.

This early in the game it's probably just eagerness to get the ball rolling but it's all I have right now. The issue is I haven't played for so long I have no idea on anybody's form.

In my experience binge posters are usually posters with strong roles so they could be doctor/vigilante?? Playing off each other.

Any thoughts on this, guys?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm nigh positive you're town Newcomb, and I also don't want to explain because it would be anti-town to do so.

Blab, my psuedo-vote is on you til you respond, because I'm excited to hear your response.

Vote: Vira

A read-wall? Really? When we're three pages in? Someone's trying just a teensy bit too hard. You also may have mispelled my name

---------- Post automerged at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Vote: Vira*

*Now featuring following the voting rules

12. Rubicon

I know what this means, and IGMEOU.

13. Newcomb

what. In zero worlds am I w/w with Citrus. You can call one of us a wolf with a separate case for each one, but we're clearly an unaligned pair. In a Citrus scum, Newcomb scum world, how does him calling me town with conviction and me calling him scum for doing so make a lick of sense?

:/

Hey Citrus can you pick which of these is your favorite?

http://i.imgur.com/uEK807N.jpg

No reason, asking for a friend.

14. Rubicon

Perhaps, though sometimes people with good roles try (unwisely) to fly under the radar by lurking.

What was your last game on DLP? I don't think I remember playing with you before.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

To answer the question, C) ask why the fuck people are almost hammering at 1/3 of the day and get people to make sure no one is at hammering range that early in the day.

Once we've made use of the remaining daytime, then try to convince Snowvon to vote whoever I'm voting at the time.

However, despite the fact that I answered the question, hoooly shit do I not like that question one bit.

Why this weird insistemce on asking me whether I would want to push a wagon onto Snowvon? Like, nothing in that scenario points to me even suspecting Snow of anything, since I'm voting someone else.

Why this question, Citrus?

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I cannot translate IGMEOU, though I have a pretty good guess at what it kind of means.

To be fair, we could totally fake being anti-aligned if we were connected via a QT chat or something by doing something like this etc. Considering we're barely into D1 too. But anyways.

Go to the big red one on the bottom left. Move to the large orange to its right. The other large orange (though I'd prefer no seeds).

You're not answering the question.

At that point in time, would you rather let Snowvon hammer or move a wagon onto Snowvon in those circumstances. He doesn't have to hammer immediately, the reason I said with so much time left is so that you have time to try to move a wagon onto him if you want to pick that option.

Why do you not like the question? It's fairly innocuous, contrasting with your response to it.

---------- Post automerged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Why of all things would you want to focus on something like this? Wouldn't this just make it more obvious who is a PR and who isn't, especially if everyone gives their opinion on how a PR and non-PR should act?

17. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    DLPHunt. Otherwise known as The Clusterfuck.

It's not exactly an uncommon tactic. It paints you both as having a strong desire to do what's right for the town and this early in the game it leaves an impression with people while you both exit suspicion after a short while. Obviously I could be way wrong on this but this early in the game it's my first impression.

Because when you throw out a line like that people react hard.

18. Newcomb

Damn it, that is such a good point.

Citrus I'm in this really weird place with you right now, to the point where it's like a kernel wedged in my teeth. You're hard-defending me and calling me town (correctly) but you won't explain why after I called that out as TMI by saying it's antitown.

If you're on the level, I think I know what you're talking about it and it is the right move to shut the hell up about it, I think? But, it's like, that would be perfect cover as a wolf to backtrack / redirect after a TMI slip.

Citrus

I'm tunneling you right now, and I think I'm going to come out the end of it never wanting to lynch you ever, or wanting you really really dead. Like based on how this ends up resolving, you're going to either be my top townread or top scumread and it's a really weird feeling having those two conflicting thoughts.

I'm also aware that I'm kind of narrowly focused because I'm in the spotlight and defending myself, and you're defending me hard, and I'm trying to figure out why.

I'm going to re-read and see if I can get out of this cycle, see if anything pops up unrelated to this one specific interaction.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I dislike the question because there is no actual answer to it. Like, I currently do not feel that Snow is scum, and have no idea why, if I were voting for Blab or Rubicon, I would feel the need to wagon Snow.

That question feels designed to be able to say "look, fluffy thinks that Snow is scum" if I said I would be willing to wagon, or o say "look, fluffy thinks Snow is town" if I said I was willing to let him hammer. It seems you've established a false dichotomy where whatever I answer will fit a narrative you can push.

Actually, you know what?

Citrus

Explain how you feel about Snow, Blab and Rubicon that you are so insistent that I explain whether I would hypothetically wagon them or not.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Citrus, I skipped reading the last few posts to let you know he meant I Got My Eye On You.

Back to reading.

---------- Post automerged at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Why are people voting without using the word 'vote' or 'lynch'.

Use your words. Citrus what? Are you saying hi? Bye? Prepare to die? We just don't know.