1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I went over the thread again and my conclusion at this point is that my vote is staying where it is.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm not taking anything personally. I think you're scum, and splitting hairs between "attacking" and "pointing things out" is only reinforcing this.

Where, oh where, do you see what you consider "fence-sitting"?

Why yes he certainly did.

My post is like 2 billion words long. Be specific, and I'll explain further. Come on, let's dance. You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down.

... d-did you even read my post?

Hey here's an idea. Why don't you type the word "Vote" and then Seratin's name and then color and bold it? Never too early to throw your wolf buddy under the bus, IMO.

3. ScottPress

High Score:
    I'm sure he did. Don't be condescending. You know that's not what he meant. As much as you refute it, that whole post is you being defensive.

4. Newcomb

Jesus.

Okay, gut check time.

@everyone - Am I playing really really bad this game? The level of pushback I'm getting on, like, everything is really throwing me off.

Do I need to just sit down and take a breather for a while, let other people talk?

I'm making a conscious effort to push my reads with conviction - something I feel I didn't do a great job of, last game, and is that, just, a complete failure?

I absolutely don't want to be a toxic presence for town, and I'm starting to feel like some people are seeing me that way. I can just, you know, ease off and take a break if that's a helpful thing. Basically all of my thoughts about the game so far are in that big post I made, so...

5. ScottPress

High Score:
    You say Jesus, I say scum. You going "did you even read my post" is exasperation that someone disagreed with you. It's not helpful to town.

6. Newcomb

Yeah, I need to step out. I got halfway through writing basically a version of this, and the vein in my forehead started throbbing.

I'm out. Ping me if you need me. Vira and Seratin are still scum, Scott's town, Citrus is probably town, Zenzao and Wei are looking good, Rubicon is asking the right questions and is probably town, everyone else I'm not very sure of.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

How about we let the day play out for a longer while and decide at the end of the day.
    No need to give anyone a townpass that early on.

That being said, i dont think i want to kill Von today. He is just his unicorn self and as long as he plays town should be allowed to be with us for a while.

Newcomb
    You changed up your game which is weird to me. But this being your 2nd game, i don't read you scum or town for it. (evolution of your townplay or just scumplay - we will be sure about it soon enough i think).
    Play on the way you are doing, you are in no way toxic.

I am curious about one part of your long wall of text :

Your early read on Snowvon:
    Your early read on weiyaoli:

You share 2/3 reads and while you use way more words, the conclusion is prettysimilar on those. Why do you call weiyaolis reads airball?

---------- Post automerged at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

sorry that was a brainfart on my side. why do you call viras reads airball?

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Other than that.

Von, weiyaoli and Zenzao are the towniest.

Zenzao a bit less, and i am curious on how his opinion evolves when he is done reading.

I would like for Scott to tell me if he felt forced to out reads on everyone in the game or not?
    After Newcombs push on him he told him to fuck off, and the next thing he does 12 hours later is posting a wall of reads on every single person.
    Did you feel ready to give out all your reads there and do you feel good about them?
    Or did you make that post because you think it was expected of you?

8. Newcomb

Jan;
    Because I cited specific examples, talked through my thought process, and gave a thoughtful read. Vira just said, basically, "Von's doing towny things and asking questions" or whatever.

At this point in the game, process >>>>>> conclusions. It matters far more how you get to a conclusion than what you actually end up on. I, for example, am being completely transparent about how I've arrived at where I'm at, and even though I'm likely wrong about some things, I'm helping others read me by explaining my process.

And Jan, I really don't think I changed up my game at all. My attitude last game was to charge through the thread, Kool-Aid Man-style, because fuck it, how else am I going to figure things out, and I'm doing the same thing here. Like, I made this post like 5 pages into the game. Math came at me for bullshit reasons, and I jumped down her throat. If fonti hadn't broken us up I was quite willing to Thunderdome her.

So, yeah, not playing different. Still town, just super frustrated that I'm getting doubtcast for WIM.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Newcomb, why did you immediately think my suspicion on Scott (for his vote position/color) was me attempting to lynch him, instead of just question him? It's only reachy if I try to push a wagon based on that suspicion alone, but all I did was ask.

It makes me happy that I make you laugh. I like people who think I'm funny. I think your read on Scott is weird but it's probably whatever. I could get behind a Seratin lynch, but I really do want fluff to do something first.

Gimme a second to reread the Vira section.

Rubicon, I think you're town. I also think Newcomb is town. What do you think?

Why?

Why did you jump in to defend Vira from a sarcastic comment?

---------- Post automerged at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Will you give me a town pass if I ask nicely?

---------- Post automerged at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Ughhh, you're going to make me go back and read through your guys' wallposts.

10. Newcomb

Because I didn't?

Jesus Christ jogging on a swimming pool, what kind of satanic ritual do I need to perform to get people to actually read my posts?

What the fuck, Snowvon... I trusted you!!!!

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Well, 'scum would think they could get a mislynch' came before 'I find this to be towny,' so it's not a totally unfair statement.

You do seem more...paranoid? About how you're perceived this game. Last game you were quite clearly town, and I don't think it's just because I was scum and knew you weren't one of us -- you were under virtually no suspicion. But I'm having a harder time reading you this game, because you seem less...something. Sure of yourself? Concrete? I don't really know how to put it. Maybe it's because you're not used to actually being pressured, or something.

---------- Post automerged at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

Like.

I think you're town, but it's not an easy decision for me. Like one of those cases where you try to make a decision on something, and you do, and you tell yourself it's final and done with, but you're so torn that even after you've already decided on something, it still eats away at you.

The best comparison I can come up with is when you're taking a multiple choice test, and you've PoE'd the answer to either A or C. Both options seem 100% correct, and maybe they are, but according to the test there's only one right answer. And you sweat over it for so long, eventually you just have to make a decision because time is ticking and there's still 30 other questions to answer and you want time to at least answer the questions you do know, so you can have more time to think about the ones that trip you up and make you want to stab your pencil into your eyes because there's nothing you want more than to not have to make the decision between circling A or circling C, even though it's just one question and in the grand scheme of things it probably won't cost you the test?

I forgot where I was going with this but you get the idea.

12. Newcomb

Look, read me how you're gonna read me, but that's just WEIRD. I basically was never sure of anything in Narutomafia. Sure of myself? Like, where? I was doubting Zenzao and coming up with paranoia about him as Tobi down to the bitter end when he was my top town. This game we're barely into D1 and I'm calling Scott lick claire town and Vira/Seratin wolves who are openly howling ITT.

I mean... that's where this anger/frustration is coming from. People are saying I'm doing literally the opposite of what I'm doing, and you can't all be wolves trying to rustle my jimmies.

My plan was to come out of the gate max effort and be obv town, make a towncircle, and then lynch scum, and that plan is a flaming wreck, and I don't understand why.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I suppose it was more the way you carried yourself, rather than how confident you were on other players. An internal thing that bled into your posts, rather than any external scumhunting you were performing.

You're freaking out more here. If a lot of people are misunderstanding you, consider that you are the reason for that and try something a little different.

I planned to be everyone's top townread basically as soon as the Day started, because I think I'm pretty good at radiating genuine towniness and sincerity, but that's probably me overestimating my charisma.

---------- Post automerged at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Like.

Being overly concerned with how towny you think you deserve to be read as comes off as self-conscious and scummy, and I think you're undermining yourself in that fashion.

Although if you are scum, this is a pretty good performance. You should ignore this specific part of my post, as responding to it will just be wine.

14. Newcomb

I did and it didn't help. And yeah, I'm concerned about being read town, because part of my job as town is to be read town. It was basically the only thing I did last game that was consistently good and yes, I take your point that trying to do that and just doing that are different things, but, like, I'm at my wit's end. That long post is 100% honest.

Anyway, I'm trying to back out here. If you ask me something directly I'll answer, but I need to cool off.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't really know what to tell you. I guess just push on the way you've been doing? Consistency is good, if you don't know what else to do.

And if you do ever die at some point (and let's even say you flip town), then people will feel bad and your doombringers will suffer.

---------- Post automerged at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Also I refuse to believe that the scum this game aren't called Cannibals.

Lookin' at you, Kalas.

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think he's probably not the best lynch for today, but I'm not ready to call him town.

Writers make me paranoid. You never know if you're talking to them or a character they thought up. Look at what happened when I trusted Sloth. :p

And I have the impression that his posts are a little too consistent, like he's making an extra effort to dot all his i's and cross all his t's, to make each step of his reasoning clear.

If I were a cop, I might consider checking him tonight.

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Jan

I wouldn't say I felt forced. I would also be lying if I said Newcomb's post about my attitude didn't influence me. I thought about it, then went to sleep (cause it was 3 am). When I woke up I read the thread, put my thoughts in one place and posted them. I didn't do it right away because, like I said, I had no firm opinions at that point.

Did I feel ready to post the readwall? Why, yes, I did. I wouldn't have done it otherwise. Thread was over 100 posts then, so I felt like I had something to go on (in most players' cases). I feel pretty good about some of those reads, not so much about others. I did point out which ones were weak. The read I felt the best about was Newcomb, hence my vote.

Lastly, I think at that point only Newcomb was expecting me to do something, given that he was the one who called me out. Other people were reading me, but no one besides Newcomb came out and said "post more, Scott".
    Snowvon

My vote is staying on Newcomb for now because he was my strongest scumread and that hasn't changed so far.

As for Newcomb's response to Vira, I didn't like how he phrased it. The response was needlessly sarcastic, though to be fair Vira's initial comment was sarcastic as well. The different between them is that I think Vira is town. Newcomb came off as defensive and that seems to line up with my read of him.

18. Newcomb

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-----

DO YOU WANT ME TO NOT DO THAT????

http://media.giphy.com/media/TtjTmZWrQ4EM/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

DO YOU WANT ME TO BE LESS CONSISTENT AND BE UTTERLY UNCLEAR? I ASSURE YOU SIR, THAT IS QUITE POSSIBLE.

i mean I don't even...

http://media.giphy.com/media/6j0yCAubbTXNu/giphy.gif

---------- Post automerged at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

#ontilt

#timeout

#forrealthistime

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    /\
    Now that... that was funny.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Knock it off.

Newcomb, come back tomorrow. It’s okay, Day One is like five days long, we’re not even halfway through. Mafia games can be stressful with getting pressured all the time and having their posts dissected. No one will think less of you if you take time off. I haven't read your first game, but I think your response in the last page or so have been pretty townish. I don't normally see scum getting that frustrated that they aren't believed.

Don't worry about it. Just because you're being questioned today doesn't mean you're going to be lynched. I'm sorry if you felt I was being mean to you, I didn't mean it like that. :(