1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I never got the impression that blab was one of those 'oh i need a couple of Days to get into the game please don't pressure me' chuckleheads, though.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hey, I'm one of those chuckleheads...

/silly

Nah that's not what I meant but never mind

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay.

I'm gonna go make a votal because I'm itching to post.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

My only concern with Seratin is an echo chamber effect with him being unable to be around and active for whatever reason. It's hard to imagine scum just sitting around twiddling their thumbs watching their buddy get run up, especially when that's like half/33% of their team.

But yeah, we're basically in a holding pattern until blab or Seratin does something.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Seratin (5): weiyaoli (137), Newcomb (143), Zenzao (208), Citrus (273), Vira (310)
    blab (2): Jan (235), Rubicon (272)
    Newcomb (1): ScottPress (112)
    Vira (1): blab (68)
    Snowvon (1): Snowvon

Abstaining: Seratin, his fluffiness

12 alive, 7 to lynch

Day ends in ~19 hours

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

That's precisely what would happen if it was scum being voted up actually. Scummates would see it as a 'jump off the sinking ship' especially if there's no promise they'll show up. Plus if they associate with him they'd look really bad if/when he flips.

Newcomb, your valuations are weird, just saying.

8. Newcomb

Doing the best I can here. I obviously don't have your experience, and I've never actually been scum, so I'm just basing this off what I think I'd do in that situation.

I'm trying to imagine what I'd hypothetically do as scum, and since my overall mindset to approaching the game is "play the fuck out if it" regardless of alignment, my thought would be to hard-defend him a la Refuge in Audacity, or start pushing hard on someone else.

I mean I actually do think Seratin is a >rand wolf, I'm just trying to look at it from all angles.

---------- Post automerged at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Citrus so if this is what it looks like when slanking scum gets run up, what does it look like when disinterested town gets run up?

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'd imagine it looks exactly the same.

If you were comparing the two in a vacuum, I think you'd see a little more activity in the 'slanking scum scenario' and a slightly higher chance of someone taking the town leader position and saying "wtf is going on come on people" in the 'disinterested town scenario'. But there's a lot of overlap so not necessarily either or.

This really happens the most when someone gets wagoned up with a lot of day left and they never really defend themselves. It makes it much more likely they're scum or having IRL problems, and I'd assume we'd here about IRL problems. More likely scum because:

A) Town would want to give reads/last words or at the least defend themselves
    B) Scum doesn't want to give any interactions or anything useful for after they flip, AND not doing anything contributes to the low activity day which is optimal if their death is inevitable

I mean keep in mind this is all theory-crafting, but that's my top-of-my-head opinions on those sorts of things

---------- Post automerged at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Third paragraph should have a line-break between sentences 1 and 2 (insert a however at the start of sentence 2) because those are separate ideas and not the same one

"This really happens the most when someone gets wagoned up with a lot of day left and they never really defend themselves. However, it makes it much more likely they're scum or having IRL problems, and I'd assume we'd here about IRL problems. More likely scum because:"

Since editing isn't allowed

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

*twiddle thumbs*

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yup.

I miss our IRC days.

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A technical question: how does the voting towards day end work exactly? Is there a point where the game master says STOP VOTING and then tallies up the votes, or can we place votes until the counter in the OP runs out and we switch to night?

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Once someone gets 7 votes, the mod writes up the death scene/Night post and we have until then to continue posting (Twilight).

---------- Post automerged at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Oh, there's a plurality lynch if we don't reach majority. Neat.

---------- Post automerged at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Kalas you had better dazzle me with your Hannibal flavor or I will RAGE.

---------- Post automerged at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Hi Stojil! We've never spoken but I've read some games you're in and you seem like a pretty big deal.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    Ok, thanks Von.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Noone likes twilight. Just sayin .. can't we call it dusk? from dusk till dawn is the better movie and you know it.

---------- Post automerged at 04:13 ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 ----------

You scott! are you at your pc for a bit?

---------- Post automerged at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

I would like to eat a fancy candle light dinner with you, maybe Von wants to be our waiter.

Just the two of us talking about our feelings, while Von plays the violin (he is also our musican).

15. Newcomb

Yeah Kalas, where's that flavor at? I've never seen Hannibal the show, but from what I hear it's creep-tastic.

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    It's 4 am, I don't know what I'm still doing out of bed. Going to collapse any second now. If you have questions though, shoot me a mention and I'll give you the answers tomorrow. Let's say in 10 hours?

17. Newcomb

Is there really plurality lynch?

---------- Post automerged at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Wow, there is. Alright, so no worries with the Seratin hammer.

Also Von I see you trying to run away with post count leader.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, it's in the OP.

I will always be honest with you, Newcomb. We should do the trust fall exercise sometime.

---------- Post automerged at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Yeah, I'm kind of determined to keep my status. Eat my dust.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oh yeah with that location i should have known it is the middle of the night for you as well.

We can talk later, i am interested in some real time talk in general, because that can help reading certain ppl and evaluate the game.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Did you just demote me to background-character status?