1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Ah, I misunderstood when I was in the process of going at Irene. I thought Citrus's vote for Sesc was after Sesc's first post, and not before.

Hmm.

2. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Cobalt I accept a sorry for going at me for non-existent scumminess since I did call out Citrus because he voted for no reason (why I got confused later on I'd never know haha)

---------- Post automerged at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Tsk I would happily vote for you as lump if you prove yourself to be town. PROVE IT TO MEEEEE.

I think in this case thanks for the vote of confidence. However, I do have to point out that he has mentioned that his post was not pre-made, which makes scummy thinking more likely in my book, since that was one of your reasons for thinking it's town!Newcomb because it's pre-made town!Newcomb? (If I got that right, that is)

Yup I didn't see you write that until I posted. Also my point was more of the latter part which I don't think you said (?) that we should vote someone who is townie for lump but not the strongest player because then scum has to weigh between the strong player being a threat D2 and lump having that extra vote+Screw up plans.

See this is why I don't get newcomb's thoughts. If he is as obssessed with mechanics as he claims, why is he not seeing what you just said? I mean he should be able to tell that it's not fully +EV? And yet we sit here 3 pages later and he JUST got why it won't work?

I see this as more signs that he's scummy and didn't realise when attempting to think as a town what is +EV and took some things for granted. In fact, the entire 'I am obssessed with mechanics so I wasn't scummy' thing a flimsy town defense at best and at worst, a scum slip.

Meh, my vote stays.

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

The question is, now why would you think that?

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hold the phone.
    Newcomb

Can you precisely explain why you thought it was a good idea for Clown + Oracle + Priest to all target the lump? You mentioned that idea was in another game, can you explain why you thought that was reasonable in that game, and also why you wanted to do it this game, and also the things you considered in making that conclusion/assumption.

As soon as possible thanks, I'd like to get this show on the road sooner rather than later!

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Why question Cobalt and not Irene?

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Now now, you didn't even say please.

Pre-made would be not alignment indicative, not pre-made makes it more likely town-indicative than scum-so for me. So the opposite.

I want to comment on the rest of this, except I can't, because I want Newcomb to answer first.

5. Sesc

Citrus: Because I already have an opinion about Irene regarding this issue.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fair enough Sesc

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nope, nope, nope.

Vote Sesc

8. Irene

What opinion is that?

Also guys I have to get work done so in reply to Jan I am at GMT+8, meaning I am usually free at Day Start only via phone since I have med school and maybe 8 hours after Day Start when everyone is sleeping.

Later.

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------
    fontisian While I'm gone would you like to give your opinion on the entire Newcomb thing. Also elaborate on Sesc vote? I have not seen you post anything productive yet.

Thanks.

9. Sesc

The obvious one, Irene. Everyone can make mistakes, you are less likely to, excluding special circumstances. So now you have me wondering what special circumstances that could be, and what kind of response "why I got confused later on I'd never know haha" is.

@fonti: Anything in particular you dislike about nine words and a question mark, or is today Random Vote Day?

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Fonti, do you have to start this game the same way you ended the last one?

At least give a half assed reason. It is no fun this way.

I do really like Citrus this game, up to this point.
    Kinda fun, a bit trolly at one point.
    And that coincidental trap felt good.

11. Sesc

"coincidental trap"

Really now.

Jan, why would you jump on fontisian for just dumping the vote into the thread, and completely ignore me doing the same thing?

12. fontisian

You asked a doubtcasty question about nothing. You buddied Irene. Your reaction to me was poor. You didn't answer my questions. You are a witch.

Von's phone's autocorrect is in Russian. fffs

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Wellp I'm out for the night (also this post lets me tie Irene again for most posts in the thread, so score!)

Oh Jan, you and your qualifier. I'll have that placed on my gravestone.

"RIP Citrus. Was liked by Jan - to a point"

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Give me 5 minutes, have to mod a game of videomafia right now. :D

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Psssst fontisian I asked you a question, gotta answer me too while you're here:

16. fontisian

He didn't dump on me. This is a Garcia. You are a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Citrus: I have no read on Cobalt or Irene.

17. Irene

fontisian Still ignoring my question about Newcomb here...

Also I understand you are busy but saying 'This is a Garcia you are a witch' is hardly a good reason. o_O

Not sure if it's you trying to appear as impulsive town to get scum to not kill you or whether you're being scummy and reverse psych me.

18. Sesc

fonti: ??

That is a perfectly sensible (and important) question. I want to know how you would ... well, we'll get there when I have an answer. As to your post: No, I didn't answer. In fact, I doubt I'll get to it before I go to sleep, so feel free to wait some more.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You gave a reason, that i personally did not agree with at the time, but it is a reason.

Fonti writing a short useless post without content, is something she did last game. More trolly, less content - I do no like to get flashbacks to her play from that game.
    Her response after that was better, she gave reasons why she doesn't like you.

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

Talking about sleep. It is close to 9 am .. should go to bed.

If there is something important, ask me soon. will be gone in 15 minutes.

20. Sesc

Hrm. Jan, how many games have you played so far? One, two, a dozen, a lot?