1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sceptical about everything and everyone, makes decisions heavily influenced by metagame factors.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Sesc to further elaborate, during my construction of the argument I originally made against Irene in my first post, I came across her post at Citrus to explain his vote for you. I don't actually believe I read backwards to double check at that point the actual order of the posts at all. At that point, I knew that Citrus voted you, I didn't like your post, and neither did Irene. Thus it didn't make sense to me why she demanded an explanation of him when she shared the same sentiments, or so I thought.

A lack of double checking my facts led to that misunderstanding of the vote / post order, and thus my argument followed. Irene followed that train of thought as well, before Citrus pointed out that his vote was before your post.

I don't feel the need to explain myself further to you, seeing as I think you're a witch. But I didn't want it to look like I was avoiding pressure.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm probably still going to do it anyway.

I think you'll get the hang of me regardless.

4. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Hmm. Voting for people who vote for you is a natural knee jerk response, as no one likes to be attacked. However, I'm not sure if it's necessarily wise.

I mean, I don't buy into the idea that one of Irene or Newcomb has to be a witch. It could equally be that they're both zealous town players who have become fixed on each other, and their continued posts as to why each other are witches are just creating a positive feedback loop of ever more suspicion. If neither of them are witches, the real witches are laughing their heads off right now at how quickly we've invested in killing one of them.

---------- Post automerged at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

This was aimed at Newcomb's post, btw.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Firstly, I don't see anything wrong, scummy, or anti-town about the plan Newcomb has outlined here. And it has a track record of success. So what, pray tell Irene, warranted such a response from you?

Secondly, what I was getting at there Newcomb was a mere speculation at that point. I'm not quite sure if I believe Sesc/Irene on the same team now, but I can see myself getting into it for the following reasons.

If Sesc and Irene were both scum, it stands to reason that Sesc would have made that first post to publicly buddy Irene right off the bat. We engage a bit of WIFOM here because I feel that's a thing Sesc might do precisely because people might believe that scum!Sesc wouldn't make such an obvious move on day one.

By buddying, he has thus negated the need for a distancing tactic, which is what I meant about that issue. But by negating the need for distancing, he essentially created a need for distancing, were they to actually be partners.

In this scenario, scum!Irene has seen Sesc's mistake and attempted to make herself look a bit better by calling him out for it, and suspecting him for it. She thus distances.

It's a theory. I think I was more convinced about Sesc/Irene being a pair after just Sesc's original post, but after further conversation with Irene I see that scenario as less likely.

Thirdly, the flip-flopping thing on Irene was aimed at how she accused you of soft claiming one of the three roles in your plan, followed by spinning your posts in such a way where she could call you scum and try and get you lynched. It looked like she was irritated at your soft claim of a PR at first, and then morphed into her thinking scum!Newcomb would do that. Thus the flip flop.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I just remembered I can see the ENTIRE POST when I search ISOs and it makes me giddy.

Irene, is anyone pinging you as scum outside of Newcomb at the moment? Either in worlds with him or without him, doesn't really matter.

Also I just saw that you said hi to me in your first post before I said anything to you, which I really like, and I wanted to say thanks and it's nice to play with you again!

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yes, voting for people who vote for you is a knee-jerk response, but voting for people just BECAUSE they voted you is an OMGUS vote and needs no excuses because those shouldn't be made.

I think Irene / Newcomb could be town/town as well, but I don't see why you insist on placing your vote on a random target that most likely nobody else is going to vote for (and that a few players have Lumped already).

---------- Post automerged at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Mmmmmmkay.

8. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Incidentally, if I were to invest in a "read" on Newcomb, it's that his post asking for lump is neither representative of town or witch affiliation, but rather simply that he wants two votes because it's an extra ability and who doesn't want more abilities? I think he would have posted in that way, asking for lump, regardless of what team he was put on.

I also think that this is fairly transparent.

Since it's transparent, my suspicion then turns to Irene who jumped on Newcomb so quickly, interpreting his post against its obvious nature to identify him as a witch.

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Note: Irene has requested replacement due to sudden IRL obligations involving work/school project that would severely cut into the time available for this game.

I'll have a replacement for you guys in short order.

(She sends her apologies and such)

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sadness.

Next time, then! Sorry to see you go.

11. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I reserve the right to jump on a bandwagon to help achieve a successful day 1 lynch. However, we're far from that point now, so my random vote shall stay where it is for now.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh, I was just getting around to Kalas.

Where has Kalas even been? Other than a questionable meta first two posts there's been literally nothing. Von, why do you believe he's a witch with so little to work with?

---------- Post automerged at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Aw, fuckdammit.

I was actually REALLY enjoying playing with her. Irene - definitely next time!

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'll add that the way Sesc starts to question me and then cuts it off is done for theatrical effect, because he's putting on a performance, because he's a witch.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll tell you later.

Do you have a particular leaning on him at the moment?

Sorry half the reason you joined the game just pulled out. :p

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm actually cackling at your gameplay so far. Drag him for FILTH.

---------- Post automerged at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Guh, you ain't kidding. I'm kind of upset.

As far as Kalas goes, I didn't like the meta posts to whatever fucking hat font was wearing. And on top of that, he drops off the map with literally nothing else addressed.

Leans scummy to me.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I knew this game was going to be a treasure.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Also hi, I've seen this discussed a few times. Would someone care to elaborate and / or direct me to whatever occurred with Mathblade?

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I know, sorry.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=841721&postcount=456

---------- Post automerged at 04:16 ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 ----------

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=29397

tl;dr MathBlade fakeclaimed Acolyte to someone else's Priest, outed both of the real roles, everyone assumed she was the Godfather because the Priest had an innocent on her, and lynched her.

She was town!

---------- Post automerged at 04:17 ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 ----------

Kalas also could have been complaining about the post lengths in this game. MathBlade (and Titus) are notorious for writing out huge tl;dr arguments and the like.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Kalas

Would be nice for you to give some actual input into this game instead of vague, open-ended comparisons.

20. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Do note that Irene mixed up the order, but didn't also post a non-existing reason to like someone.

At any rate, Citrus asked the same thing, I already answered. Are you sure you have read my posts?
    #65, #69.

And thanks for the explanation, I guess -- personally, I think the game is build around talking with each other, so not answering kinda defeats the purpose, witch or not -- especially on the off-chance of being wrong (could happen, right?), but whatever works.

----

@fonti, if you want to be taken seriously, gimme a call when the tunnel's all done.

----

That aside, I'm off to bed. Later all.