1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

psst don't tell Cobalt I said this though

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh well.

It's still kind of a good plan.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

For you, Citrus.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Meh, sort of. I get that I didn't exactly do a dissertation on it, but I hard-townread ScottPress last game for similar reasons. Not that they were doing the same things, but a similar mindset. It's just, like, a towny feeling, brah.

Kidding aside, my mentality right now is that there are SO MANY MORE people that are scummy in various degrees that Cobalt's, like, super low priority. Tyrene (Citrus, I love you for that), Taure, Nae, Sesc sorta, Jan.. ish? Jan I've gone back and forth on a few times. And I'll keep re-reading Jan and not re-reading Cobalt because of that confusion.

Can you go into detail a bit on Jan? This is, like, the third game in a row where reading Jan is a challenge. I like the recent Judge proposal. That demonstrates a towny mindset to me.

Also, why scum!Nae but null!Riley, if I'm reading that right?

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Damn it on the correction to judge-lynching not counting as a lynch.

Sure thing, but you're now in-debted to a decent enough answer on Taure to possibly convince me.

Started the game fairly casual. The only player to actually engage my first post. Similar mindset on some mechanical things, though I did mention a few of them first. I was a little paranoid of scum!Jan in the other game and there were a few things (gut vibes) I thought were indicative of scum!Jan in that game. I'm feeling less paranoid in this game because he was town that game and I'm getting similar vibes in this game.

I like his approach to your tunnel on him, because I find myself agreeing with what seems to be his though processes/responses to it as it happened.

Is there something specific I should elaborate on from that? I don't really feel like Iso-ing him right now to pull out specific posts as to which ones gave me those gut vibes etc., but this should be relatively comprehensive.

---------- Post automerged at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

You know that's really not fair, I already read that post earlier and I wrote, like, 20x the words you just did.

More please

6. Newcomb

Okay. So, Judge kill will fuck with Vigi. Question now is, is it worth it? My initial thought is yes, because the odds that the Vigi goes off / is alive to go off seem kinda low to begin with, and I want to be optimistic about our ability to kill a witch D1? I mean we did the last two games in a row. But... we are kinda hurting the Vigi if we do this.

Thoughts?

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ok you're going to have to lay-it-out-like-I'm-5, I may be too tired right now but I don't see how that post shows his consistency with his beliefs or whatever you said

---------- Post automerged at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Sigh. Newcomb, we need to talk about valuation sometime.

We should lynch normally UNLESS extreme circumstances like determining a lynch with everyone non-committant in the last 10 minutes or something *cough Snowvon cough*

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, let it go, already.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

A bit unsure now. Doing some math to see how many kills on average we should have without souping and what the possible cost of doing this play day 1 would be.

10. Newcomb

Okay, so, explain it. I remember last game you said my valuation was "weird," and I kinda brushed it off then, because... er, I can't remember. It was getting close to day end and we were doing other things, or something?

But, we have time now, so - what are you saying, here? Like, I'm not looking at the moves in the game with the right +/- EV numbers? That's... certainly possible. And a big reason why I wanted to talk plans/setup right off the bat.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Snowvon
    Cobalt
    Typhon r Irene
    Citrus

fontisian
    Jan
    Taure
    Newcomb

The Waco Kid
    Riley

Kalas
    Sesc
    Nae'blis

is what I'm feeling.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's maybe a 2 on the 1-Titusblade hostility scale. All I'm saying is that you were on me for a weak Day 1 start, which is fine. You notice the Nae/Seratin resemblance, good catch on that one. You're still on. Then you mindsync with fonti on Nae and pressure on me disappeared. It reads inconsistently to me and you dancing around the question doesn't help matters.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

??? Talking to me?

You're weighing two things right now.

A) Judge picking the lynch
    B) Vigilante gaining a charge on a town!mislynch

Pros and cons for today.

A+
    Town player solely determines the lynch if he/she wants
    No chance of lynching the Judge
    A-
    Possibility of judge lynching something that would claim if being lynched
    Weaker votal analysis later (people expect judge to pick so less serious voting - less pressure on scum)

B+
    Vigilante receives info of a town mislynch in the event we mislynch D2 as well IF we mislynch today
    That much closer to a town kill in worse D1 worlds
    B-
    If scum is lynched does nothing good

This seems pretty weighted in favor of B (but I admit I had the preconceived notion B is better going into this now).

Key question from what you brought up: Why would letting the judge lynch over us normally lynching alter our chances of lynching a witch?

Also I just realized I forgot to bring up something and noone called me out on it. Though I guess it's only obvious to me I should've followed up on it

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

And? Is that supposed to make it okay? Because I don't care. It wasn't necessary.

I saw a connection that I found scummy and decided I felt more strongly about it than the vague Witchy feelings I have about you. If you have a problem with me not attacking all of my scumreads at once, all I can say is sorry? It makes me feel spread too thin.

---------- Post automerged at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Citrus: yes. About the Rubicon thing. :p

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You wrote three times the words and 1/3 of the content.

Here's the "like you're five" version. Taure believes that Day 1 lynches are basically random. He believes Nae'blis shares this view. He then says that since Nae'blis believes this, Nae'blis can't attack someone (aka me) for not having strong reasoning. Note that Taure hasn't really attacked anyone for weak reasoning either. He's consistent and he pointed out a valuable discrepancy.

16. Newcomb

It... wouldn't? I mean in Jan's plan, Judge lynches the top vote-getter at our 1-hour removed "deadline," right? Where did I say otherwise?

17. Koalas

High Score:
    It was supposed to mean that I didn't think it was over the line, I'm sorry if you took it that way.

And thank you. I saw something I didn't like and wanted to see some form of reasoning laid out.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay.

Do me a favor and post like you /aren't/ only focusing on the person calling you a Witch. Pretty please.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

At least the way you wrote that, it felt to me like the opposite of the "TEAL YES" implies it messed with the "RED", aka you think not letting judge lynch messes with chances of lynching scum today

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Gotcha, that makes sense now thanks.

Grammatically makes sense is what I meant though, I don't find that worthy f justifying a town-read for Taure (personally at least)

20. Koalas

High Score:
    That's pretty much what I was looking for. General feel vs things a scum player would never say/only a town player would say.