1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Shoot forgot I need to answer your question sesc, will do that soon ish

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Ok, so not doing full reads at the moment - RL has me exhausted, and I keep thinking about going through every person and it's daunting - but here are some pressing things for my scumspects.

Tyrene:

So my big things are these.

Explanation for "why the hell would you do this" here. I've read it four or five times, and I don't get it. I can follow some of the individual lines of reasoning, but I can't get my head around the entire picture. It's just... a tangle. And then there's this:

When I read that, I was literally yelling at my screen. It was so blindingly obvious she'd thrown so much mud on me here that she basically gave herself permission to call anything I do scummy. She's preemptively saying, "he might do X, as scum, but also might do Y." Where X and Y cover a whooooole lot of ground. Classic poisoning the well - "don't listen to a word this guy says, he's a liar."

At this point, I'm basically #neverchanging on scum!Irene. Except now, Typhon has a literally perfect answer, basically the only thing that makes Irene make sense to me:

It's perfect. The pieces fit together so, so well now. Except... I can't shake this gut doubt of this slot. It's like whiplash, with Irene going so hard after me and then Typhon calling me top town. Especially with Typhon Lumping me, and even agreeing with me that Jan needs scrutiny. I even said yesterday I was going to do a Jan ISO (er, yeah, about that... still doing it! Just... god, not tonight.), and then Tyhpon wants to do a Jan ISO.

If I was a paranoid man, I'd almost think Tyhpon's trying to pocket me. OH WAIT, I AM.

Typhon: You trying to pocket me?

On the other hand, aside from this really really weird feeling I get with the whiplash "Irene/Typhon play stick and carrot with Newcomb" thing, he's been investigative and proactive since he's replaced in. Especially here:

I think I was getting a little complacent on fonti, mostly because she hasn't done much recently, I think? But the Cobalt connection is worth looking in to. I... fuck, Cobalt is so towny, I might have a blind spot here. Which is why I think it needs looking in to. So, Typhon: go do that. I really really think Cobalt is town, but if I am wrong, it's kind of going to screw me over, so... yeah. Go forth and do that, and I'll feel a lot better about your slot.

FOR NOW:

Unvote

Vote: Jan

I'm definitely, positively going to re-read Jan tomorrow. My perception of the thread is that he's got a fair amount of suspicion and it's weirding me out that he has no votes.

I'm going to bed. I'll be around before deadline tomorrow. I think Nae is a good lynch, for reasons people have already said, and would switch if needed. I.... think I'd be okay with a Sesc lynch, but if people went that direction I'd want more "case" than I feel is actually out there.

Taure... fuck, I forgot to do my Taure "levels" thing.

Um.

Basically, Taure has this devil-may-care, "I play how I play", "D1 is useless and random," "let's just roll a dice and lynch someone" thing going. And he gets into it with Cobalt and doesn't give a singe fuck that the playstyle he's advocating is absolutely perfect wolf cover. It's so, so wolfy.

That's level 1.

Level 2 is where I'm at now, which is "too wolfy to be a wolf."

Level 3 is where Taure is really smart (I've never played Mafia with him but I know him personally from fanfiction discussion), really methodical, really analytical. Level 3 is where he gets everyone to dismiss him as "too wolfy to be a wolf" and he's actually a wolf.

So, just your basic D1 paranoia stuff. I'm... like, I don't want to lynch Taure today, I think. And he posted reads! Sort of. Which I should go look at again. But he also said they were kinda bullshit, which is like...

Muh. Yeah, Taure is a problem for another day, I think.

Also HOLY FUCK I just remembered Riley is in this game.
    Riley

Like, do something. The fact that it slipped my mind that you were even playing is NOT good.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That would be super fun actually. The team of us three, I mean. Let's rand that next time. ;)

---------- Post automerged at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Er, I'm not comfortable with voting Nae'blis because of something small that was said, that I'm not going to point out in the open.

Nae'blis - Work with me here. Would you be okay with a Sesc lynch? I'm reading font as town, and that's the only other potential wagon right now unless we actually do something.

Snowvon fontisian Citrus would y'all be willing to vote with me on Sesc?

Unvote
    Vote Sesc

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi Cobalt.

Maybe for a Lump vote. ;)

The serious answer is yes, probably. But I'll sleep on it.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Newcomb - I can reassure you that your town read on me is correct. I'm honestly not SURE why I'm so super super town to you, but if that's the read you're holding, I'll ask you if you would be willing to trust me in a vote this phase.
    Snowvon - if I Lump you, will it bite me in the ass?

---------- Post automerged at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

I had planned on it. But if you're not town, I'll fight you post-game.

UnLump
    Lump Snowvon

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm going to do my best to use my vote wisely and strike fear into the hearts of Witches everywhere.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'll drop your GTF ELO by 30% if you're lying to me. :colbert:

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

You'll be lower than Jack. Under 1000 Jack. In the 900s Jack. Worst mafia player ever Jack. Poor Jack.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm town.

Pinky promise.

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah, my town read on you is green, but it's not that green. Like, you're toptown for me, broadly, for investigation, following up on things, and a fair bit of gut/vibe with the way you haven't backed down on certain things, and been willing to compromise on others.

I... don't trust you enough to just blindly give you my vote, though. If Sesc ends up being the compromise lynch, but no one really has a good case on him and it's just like, "the one we can all live with," I'm not gonna feel great about that.

I'll add "re-reading Sesc" to my growing list of "things I'll do tomorrow." Best I can do.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

If that promise is broken I will make your irl friends punch you hard a lot.

I'm actually MUCH more comfortable with you after this post.

If it makes you feel better I'll ISO Sesc tonight or tomorrow and explain my case and read further.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hey Cobalt, quick question.

When you were a Witch in GTF Tinyhunt, how much of a fuck did you give about playing well vs. being openly Witchy but having fun with it?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh, I knew we weren't gonna win that game. I requested Witch with Quinn of all people. We were mostly just dicking around and hoping for a lucky soup to fuck some shit up. I totally didn't give a shit, especially after the N1 red check on me.

What does this have to do with our situation?

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------
    Snowvon forgot to tag.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Probably nothing. I was just thinking about it and wanted to know.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

You don't have to tag it, I'm right here.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

Also, quoting people alerts them the same way tagging does.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh. Welp.

Is it because you're a witch and wanted to compare your current witch play to mine?

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I thought it might give me some insight into how you play as scum, until I remembered that you were basically trolling the entire time. You were the only person who actually used their QT to strategize, so I thought as far as scumgames go you were taking it somewhat seriously, but eh.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I probably would have left walls of text in that QT if I were taking it seriously. I actually role hunted pretty hard for awhile, mainly because I wanted to wreck lives with a big soup towards the end and let useless Keyblade frolic in the ensuing chaos, but meh.

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

While we're here together, let me pick your brain for a bit.

By the way, I had an ulterior motive while I went for Irene's wig towards the beginning. I was intending to soft to you that I was town, and you picked up on it. Because knowing what I knew at the time, it would have been a super, SUPER ballsy thing to do to poke the bear if I were a witch. Wanted to clear that up. The fact that you picked up on it as really towny makes me think you're more likely to be town as well, because you probably wouldn't paint me town if you were scum.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Well now I feel kind of weird knowing you did that on purpose with the express interest in trying to see if I'd townread you for it.

On the other hand, the scum motivation for saying anything that starts with 'I had an ulterior motive' is probably nonexistant.

bluh

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

The way I see it, I don't think you'd ever ever ever /ever/ attack town!Irene if you were scum since you came into this game with certain expectations of her. So the only way you're ever scum is if she's Coven with you.

And I townread her slot! So that's nice.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That's why I was up front about it, yeah.

If you had completely ignored, or scum painted me with the Irene thing towards the beginning I would have had red flags.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

I was pretty certain you'd see it that way. And why would I draw attention to town!Von of a Cobalt/Irene scum team that early in the game? We would wreck face.

---------- Post automerged at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

*wreck face if we both randed witch, I mean.

---------- Post automerged at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Mmkay, I feel better about Lumping you now.

If town!Cobalt and town!Von have some of the same townreads, I'm willing to put good odds on us being right.

But I'm telling you now, we shouldn't lynch Nae'blis.

19. Nae

Nae The Violent

So here's where my head's at:

The person I'm reading as scum strongest currently are Fonti and Von, with Jan most likely in on it. Their entire interaction makes me feel uneasy.

All three of them have voted against me without any real reasoning. Now, granted that I haven't been participating in the game as much as I'd hoped by this point, I still don't think there was ever enough serious suspicion against me - especially given other more suspicious interactions going on.

Fonti and Von: I don't understand this:

Please state your reasoning explicitly? Cuz I can't figure it out.

Now we come to Jan. He says the following:

Promptly followed by a vote against me because I "didn't do enough". So if you're unsure about her, why did you immediately slide with her? Especially considering she doesn't even have a very persuasive argument?

Then you do a complete 180 and fight with her, rescinding vote against me and going off on her. If I were paranoid (which I am, with good reason atm), I'd see this as a distraction tactic. I'm fairly certain once the bandwagon got going, you were gonna conveniently "see the light" as it were and go back from Fonti to me.

Now, don't think this is a knee-jerk reaction. And I'm not being definitive, but my this whole thing makes me uneasy.

Sesc is a hard player to read (as are you). I do know that he's very methodical in his reasoning, and is probably making notes with timestamps on when someone did what. His first post, which was suspicious, has been debated to death. I don't think that's enough to make him scum. He's poking and prodding and observing. I don't think I can conclusively say anything about him. Lynching him without a more solid reasoning wouldn't make any sense.

So:

Players that I think are scum: Snowvon, Fontisian, maybe Jan

Players that I think are Town: Typhon, Newcomb

Players that I am completely unsure about: Sesc, Taure, Cobolt

Players that I've yet to look at: Citrus, The Waco Kid

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Nae'Blis, do you really think both Fontisian and Snowvon are scum both trying to get you lynched?

And you think that Jan is scum with them even though Fontisian has been attacking/tunneling him too?