1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Nae

Nae The Violent

To your first statement: yes

To your second statement: like I said, it's a tentative "maybe" atm.

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator note: While not strictly necessary, making vote and elect votes on a new line, and colored would make my life a lot easier. See Citrus' post #16.

Vote Count #5
    Nae'blis (4): Snowvon, Fontisian, Citrus, Taure
    Fontisian (2): Nae'blis, Jan
    Jan (2): Typhon, Newcomb
    Sesc (1): Cobalt
    Snowvon (1): Waco

Abstaining (3): Kalas, Riley, Sesc

With 13 alive, 7 is soft lynch, and 10 is hard lynch.

Lump, the Friendly Panda Elect #5
    Newcomb (4): Newcomb, Nae'blis, Taure, Typhon
    Snowvon (4): Snowvon, Fontisian, Citrus, Cobalt
    Citrus (1): Jan
    Sesc (1): Sesc
    Waco (1): Waco

Abstaining (2): Kalas, Riley

Lump Elect is decided by plurality.

(Let me know if there are any mistakes, or just clarify your vote in your next post if it's not what you think it should be)

Day End Timer - 10.5 hours remain! (roughly)

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I'm really not looking for much. No post-by-post analysis, just a few sentences on your impression, like I said.

And here I thought ideally we don't know what role the mayor has.

So this is way weird. Irene!Irene has one opinion, and Typhon!Irene the opposite. What is anyone supposed to do with that? Tbh, if it's Town!You, I would have preferred you continuing Irene's stance on that issue, even if you personally disagree with it. Since it's about roles, not persons, in the end, this 180° flip creates maximum confusion, and the only ones profiting from confusion are the witches.

Which makes me more suspicious of you than I used to be when Irene was playing.

So let's see. At the time of you posting this, the state of things was this:

Nae'blis (4): Snowvon, Fontisian, Citrus, Taure
    Fontisian (2): Nae'blis, Jan
    Snowvon (1): Waco
    Taure (1): Cobalt
    Typhon (1): Newcomb
    Jan (2): Typhon, Newcomb

"the only other potential wagon right now" is obviously factually untrue. And I have exactly ... zero votes. So your solution to not having a wagon (that you like) "unless we actually do something" is to create a new wagon. Which, of course, is "doing something", and this could "done" on anyone, except of course you still want to lynch me.

And on top of that, you sell your lump vote for a lynch vote on me. Are you for real?

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Alright, answering the questions/concerns I see first, them moving over to doing a little iso work.

---------- Post automerged at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Alright, here's the truth about the whole thing - I'm treating you like I am because you're playing like Towncomb, I have a good gut feeling about you, and because we think in a similar way so I follow your thought patterns well.

I can't copy and paste QT posts (and wouldn't anyway, because it's not mine to copy), but she mentioned you, and she said that thing about how she saw her early game in you that she said ITT, and then outlined what she thought she/you would feel comfortable doing as scum. It was, in so many words, exactly what you did. I know I've said that before, but I'm reiterating it now because it was so crazy. Like, if there was ever town on town violence justified by preconceptions, it was this because of that pregame QT post. If you are scum, first I'm an idiot (obviously), but second you should all go bow down because she's the best ever full stop.

Buuttt... I think she was wrong, with apologies to her. So here we are. The whole carrot and the stick thing wouldn't work because we didn't communicate. Not like replacing out was a tactic, Eidolonic would never allow that.

Which brings us to the "are you trying to pocket me" part. In part, yeah. Not so much pocket you as just firmly plant myself in your town circle, because you're pretty new and I know you POE and so it's easier for me to understand how to aid your game than others, plus I'm pushing for you to be lump so I want to make your reads as accurate as possible.

I almost wasn't going to be so obvious with the whole thing, but then I realized I was town and didn't have to bullshit. So, yeah, I didn't. I know you and Irene had a whole thing and you liked her for your top scum when she replaced out, but that kinda is what it is, and I can't do anymore from that than what I have. But now I'm here, and I'm being open and honest about everything even when it flies in the face of what Irene had previously said. And that's really all there is to it, I think.

Sesc
    Well, yes, better to know not at all what the role of the lump is than to say that only minor roles should push for it. What I was saying is this:

Best case: lump never mentions their role at all & it is minor
    Good case: lump never mentions role at all
    Okay case: lump claims to have a minor role
    Bad case: lump claims to have a major role
    Worst case: lump outright claims their specific role

Not a revelation, just a bit of back and forth with Taure so we were on the same page.

And I see what you're saying, but here's the thing: if I pushed something I didn't believe in, it would've come off as disingenuous, and I just didn't believe in what Irene was saying, for better or worse. Disingenuous play usually comes from scum players who take a position and have to see it out despite the fact that they no longer believe it. Maybe it wouldn't have been today, maybe even not tomorrow, but the disconnect between me and what I'd have been writing if I played as the ghost of Irene instead of Typhon would have made me mislynch bait, and eventually got me lynched, which is obviously anti-town.

Further, you should know that. It makes me harder to pin down day one because the slot has two personalities to read D1, but the game won't be over in D2, so... long term what I'm doing makes infinitely more sense than just puttering along with reads that were established in the first 24 hours.

And saying that the roles, not persons, are what matters is an interesting mindset. I know you meant slots, but I think that you said roles says something about where you're coming from.

Yeah, I don't like this post from Sesc one bit.

---------- Post automerged at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Ooh, I forgot about the Jan thing with Newcomb. Yeah, that was just a happy accident (insofar as us being on the same page). Buried in my reads post is a section where I talk about my issues with Jan, although today they feel as much like issues with fonti as they do with Jan himself. I'll do them both, see what shakes out. Maybe give Cobalt a glance too if a get a chance.

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Crap, last thing.
    Snowvon
    I asked this in my wall posts, but I didn't at you so I suppose I was just asking you to miss it. You're campaigning for lump, and have picked up steam fairly well. Here's my question: let's say that I magically granted you lump right now because Eido made me mod for a day. Now what? What happens next from you? If the answer is I use it to pressure my scumreads that's fine, but you have to give me a name at least.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sesc Could you Garcia the part of 360 directed at fontisian?

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The Waco Kid
    Riley
    Kalas
    Sesc
    Nae'blis

and with maybe an outside chance of Newcomb, are all players I'd like to see squirm.

7. Koalas

High Score:
    Riley Snow? Really?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Well, once he starts playing/gets replaced, yes.

Problem?

---------- Post automerged at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Like.

He's in the game too. He could be a Witch. We know literally nothing about his alignment.

Poke. Pressure. Learn. Judge*.

*not the role

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Yes. You want scumspects to squirm. So either Riley's luck is a scum tell or you're list padding.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

???

I have no idea what you're saying. You think I think Riley is scum for not posting?

I'm saying I want to pressure him so I can get a read on a nonexistent slot.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    I think that's strongly implied by grouping him with your scumspects yes. That's where the list padding comes from. If you just wanted pressure I'd expect a separate comment, like your 388 automerge

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I just wrote out the non-townreads from my readslist.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

So, can somebody paint the case against Naeblis for me? Because I'm getting these brutal flashbacks to TMNT, and I don't like it.

Snow, is that list in order, top to bottom, or?

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Top is gray-yellow, bottom is orange-red.

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Also, how did you arrive on those names?

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I see, thanks.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I have townreads on everyone else.

Anyway.

Nae's first post looked a /lot/ like Seratin's first post in Hannibal mafia (where he was scum). No, having a similar post to a different person in a different game doesn't make one scum, but it pinged. Nae said he didn't understand why I voted for him. Here are the similarities I saw (which I already posted but I'll emphasize them this time):

Like that is freakishly identical for a first post.

They both open up with a 'hey this looks like it'll be fun guys!' They both emphasize that it's too early to really get a good read on anyone. They both remind everyone that they may be out of touch with the current meta from not playing for so long. I could totally see this as a 'haven't-played-in-a-while-and-I-rolled-scum!veteran mafia player pattern.

Some other minor problems with Nae are his defense of Sesc while also seeming to go out of his way to keep him at a nullread, and only scumreading the people who started the wagon on him (me, Jan, fontisian).

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Let Kalas make the Iso for Nae'blis!

The one on TMNT he made was really good!

(He was mafia in that game and got a lot of cred for burying TMNT, who then claimed judge)

Aaannd going back to writing stuff up, if you have questions feel free to ask.

18. Nae

Nae The Violent

Snowvon: I've already debunked your argument, which Citrus also put forth earlier on.
    Lol. So if I call someone scum, that's a problem. If I have a "nullread" (who comes up with these words?) on someone, that's a problem. Next, I'll say I think someone is town, and a person who doesn't like that will claim that's a problem as well.

I can't win can I?

19. Koalas

High Score:
    I can do one if you want Jan but Snow's hit the biggest points. The 'scum team= people who are scum reading me' line of thought is particularly bad.

20. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Typhon:
    Do you really not see this? If you go "best case lump is a minor role" (which is perfectly correct for that plan), then what kind of role will it be? We aren't using a RNG to determine who becomes Mayor, we are giving it to someone who wants to have it.

And I also say exactly what I mean. Everyone has a role here -- it'd be different in a simple game with villagers.

Kalas, you mean I should answer the question you asked fonti?

My thoughts are that if this is Town!Irene, then she did have those notes prewritten, Newcomb did what she thought he would, and there's a good chance he's a Witch on top of that.

And if this was witch!Irene, then none of this is true, and Newcomb might be anything.

What I'm wondering are two things.

A) It strikes me as slightly overexplaining things by Typhon. I mean, who cares (except me)? She's not Irene, and no one asked her to explain.

B) The qt Eido set up for me contains a role and a faction description. How can Irene write things into it without knowing which faction she has, and how would Typhon have access to those pre-roll notes?