1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Wasn't talking to witches, bye.

(You're not in my townreads and thus are a potential witch for me.)

Citrus - My gender is listed. ;)

---------- Post automerged at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

CAN WE PLEASE LYNCH SESC. FFS.

Citrus Snowvon Jan

Can y'all leave fontisian be for just this day and I'll look into her myself in the following phases?

2. Nae

Nae The Violent

Of course I am. I know I'm not scum. I can't be sure about Sesc. What do you want me to do? Lie over and die and then come back with an "I told you so?" No thanks. Better someone else than me.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God damn it, I really do not want to switch my vote to Sesc. He was my most trusted person, FFS. The extent to which Colbalt is suddenly heavily pro-Naeblis on the basis of so little ("I'm important") is odd. Especially as we were so close to a Naeblis lynch, and Cobalt suddenly campaigning for Sesc again, after the Sesc bandwagon had almost completely died, splits the vote.

Basically Cobalt is pressuring us to vote Sesc just to get a lynch on someone, even though more people thought Naeblis was a witch than thought Sesc was. It's kinda blackmaily: vote with me or don't get a lynch at all.

But, well, sometimes the only pragmatic response to blackmail is to give in to it. I've consistently held that I consider it important to get a day 1 lynch above all else, so here you go.

Rescind lynch vote.

Lynch vote: Sesc.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I have to leave for work. If y'all lynch Nae and he's a PR and we find out eventually, I will CUT you later on.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Dear scum,

Please kill me so I can face-palm in angel/dead chat rather than be blamed at all for our impending downfall.

Sincerely,

Someone who tried

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Everything is PR Cobalt.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

"hey guys we gotta get a lynch sooooo I'm just going to vote someone with no justification and I don't even know if he's town or scum but let's just lynch him in case, even if I'm wrong when you analyze my vote movement later I totes only did it for the lynch I swear!"

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Everyone is a pr cobalt. that is no argument.

And a witch would say the same thing as a pr at that point.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Ffs. Nae gave a textbook fake claim when he looked like he was today's lynch, that wasn't something that just slipped in there. It was completely deliberate.

---------- Post automerged at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Jan stahp.

10. Skeletaure

High Score:
    You'd prefer a no lynch? Because that's exactly where we'd heading otherwise. Cobalt is not going to budge, and he carries at least two other votes with him. Everyone who was going to vote to lynch Naeblis had already done so - no new votes in many hours, and only 6 hours until the end of the day.

Naeblis lynch has failed thanks to Cobalt. Trying to stick to it is just going to lead to swings and roundabouts for 6 hours then nothing.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

We have hoursssss to lynch scum!Nae'blis still

This.

12. Nae

Nae The Violent

Wait wait wait. Where did I claim to anything?

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You said we would be losing something very important if you got lynched, or something along those lines.

Seriously, what if Sesc said the same thing. We gonna cycle through everyone until we hit someone who doesn't say it and just lynch them.

Here I'll go next. Guys I'm Priest. Don't lynch me or you'll lose the Priest.

Cool, now I'm done too. Sesc's turn now, then like 10 players to go

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Oh, cool.

Unvote
    Vote Nae'blis

15. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I agree that Nae's claim was deliberate, which is why I thought Cobalt going for it so strongly was odd. Kinda tenuous reasoning.

Problem with saying "we have hours still" is that we'll keep saying it right up until we suddenly don't have time. Remember issues of timezones and availability. Numerous players are unliekly to even log on during the 6 hours remaining, other players currently online are going to disappear. I know for sure I'm going to miss the end of the day - I'll be here for the next 4 hours max. I can't wait until the last moment to assign my final vote: I need to do it in the next couple of hours.

If we can get a realistic alternative to a Sesc lynch on the road, I'll happily switch to it. But until then, I'm keeping my vote on the bandwagon that I think has the highest chance of success. That way, if I have to go afk, I've already contributed to securing a lynch.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Also one little thing. Cobalt last time i checked your reads, i was bottom 3 with Sesc and Taure - now i am in your towncircle?

I know you are working atm, but what the heck did change your mind without saying a single word about it?
    Or do you need me that bad to vote with you?

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Lolllll. The second Cobalt signs off this pops up. Ok.

---------- Post automerged at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Yeah no,

Vote: Nae'blis

18. Skeletaure

High Score:
    All right, Naeblis lynch is back on the road, Sesc lynch looks dead in the water. Obviously my vote switch was premature - the Sesc bandwagon seemed greater than it was, but actually it was just Cobalt's volume of posting XD

Rescind lynch vote.

Lynch vote: Naeblis

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I was hoping you would catch that.

Your unwillingness to vote Sesc and your late phase vote on a mostly harmless so far fonti is keeping you in my bottom.

This is only a reply to this notification as I'm driving to work idk if you did anything different since my last post can't read right now.

20. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I mean... god damn, that is transparent. Okay. Not lynching you today.

Can we talk about this? Like, is this a smoking gun? This could be a Big Thing.

Do you really think this is enough to justify moving off him? I mean, I saw that thing too, and it's... like, I don't get why you wouldn't always do that as scum if you seemed to be getting run up? Especially being vague about it.

Jan I'm reading fonti as light town because her going after you and Sesc reminds me of how she went after Pozzai in Narutomafia, and she was town. I freely admit I haven't put too much thought into her, because I've seen her say she has many playstyles she uses as the mood strikes her, and because I think she's kind of a self-resolving problem? Like, NK or Priest check and if that doesn't happen relatively early, then... ok, then we buckle down and figure her out.

100x times this. Well the first thing. The fonti thing, eh, that seems weak to me. It would surprise me if fonti's scum game was that predictable.

Felt to me like the other thing.

Wow.

WOW.

Unvote

Vote: Nae'blis

Cobalt if you have better reasons to not lynch Nae, you need to put them forward.