1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We're not lynching Sesc without a counter.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

One of the reasons why I town read Citrus so hard early on was his first "I am the Priest" post. Literally one of the towniest things you can do in this game is have something like that in the air to potentially fuck up soup. Are you fucking serious Sesc?

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Without saying anything about anything - can we agree that anyone with mechanical knowledge that Sesc is lying here should NOT out unless it's clear Sesc is not going to be lynched? Maaaaybe not even then? Like I'm not sure how much we should talk about it, but does that first part at least make sense?

I'm having a hard time buying this. Priest checked me last night in like 99/100 worlds, and GIVEN OTHER THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TODAY, if Priest didn't target me, then doesn't that cast some doubt on Riley?

Like.

Sesc/Riley/??? going for the win. town!Kalas, town lost 4 people on D1 and they smell blood in the water.

Is this a thing? Is there any way we can talk about this without spilling too much info? I'm fucking terrified we're about to step in quicksand here.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No, but I want to keep the pressure on until we figure out a way to find out whether or not he's lying.

Nobody move votes. We will get to the bottom of this.

5. Newcomb

No, wait, hang on. If Sesc is lying then priest probably DID target me. And then my paranoia doesn't make sense, because Riley is more likely to be real. Um. Does that track?

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Riley claimed hard info.

Either Sesc/Riley, or much more likely, town!Riley telling the truth and witch!Sesc.

If Sesc is Priest, Riley does not have that definitive info. There's no way he'd also target fontisian when all things were pointing to Newcomb.

I'm much more inclined to go with Riley than a desperate Sesc on the chopping block. But we'll read more into it.

What the fuck do we even begin to do with this.

7. Newcomb

Meh. I'm going to re-read some things and try to clear stuff up. We have 24 hours or so, so that's good.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yes. That tracks. Riley claimed the info, Sesc is not Priest because he says he targeted fontisian, but in order for Riley to have that info, the Priest targeted Newcomb.

Unless Riley is Graverobber in which case we have no way of discerning if Sesc is telling the truth or not. Only the witches know if Riley could be Graverobber.

9. fontisian

Not actually true. Clown, Oracle and Priest were all supposed to target Newcomb. Also, Riley could be the Graverobber.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Newcomb - I need you to put heads together with me on this.

We need to come up with a way for Acolyte to give us a signal that a Sesc lynch is okay, because Acolyte knows he's lying - without the Acolyte being revealed, because if it's witch!Sesc then this is a clear role fish. In this world, dead!Jan is Priest.

That method also needs to have an opposite effect of letting us know if the lynch against Sesc is NOT okay because Sesc is telling the truth. But that's harder, because in this world dead!Jan could potentially be the Acolyte.

---------- Post automerged at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Yas thank you fonti.

Can you work with me on the previous thing I said in this post too?

---------- Post automerged at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

WAIT.

I thought Oracle results were dependent on targeting the same person as Priest. It's any other person.

There's a monkey wrench in there.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Er, wait what?

Newcomb, either the priest is dead, or it's me. And I thought the "plan" was for all three -- oracle, clown, priest -- to target lump for benefits, to which Jan (and I) argued, it'd be enough if only clown and oracle did that, and priest was free to do whatever. So assuming that went down as intended, I went checking fonti, and thought the info was still there. Isn't it?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

...this tracks.

Fuck you, Sesc. In either alignment right now.

Start convincing me why Priest is you and not dead.

13. fontisian

Because statistics.

14. Newcomb

So are we saying real Priest CCs always here? No CC = Jan was Priest or Sesc is?

15. fontisian

Acolyte always cc's here and claims priest. Or the priest cc's and claims priest.

16. Newcomb

I'm stepping out and mulling it over.

I think we're in a holding pattern anyway until everyone still alive has posted? Except for Riley I guess?

Sesc, if you're real, who's the lynch?

17. Sesc

Um. Is this different from trying to convince you I'm town, lol? I attempted to appear somewhat suspicious with the first bullshit vote so to not get ganked early as supertown, but with you, that backfired spectacularly. Not making that mistake again.

Hm. I argued with Typhon when he brought up the plan again, because I wanted to check either Irene (until she dropped out) or fonti, especially when Citrus started pushing against her. I tried to signal to my acolyte who I was checking. I then tried today to get Citrus to consider worlds where both of us were Town, because that really was a problem -- I couldn't even try to convince him to lynch his other top suspect instead when I knew she was town.

So that's kinda how it looked from my side.

Newcomb: What I sketched out in my qt was if we take Riley's word, what I'm left with is (in Town!Citrus and Town!Cobalt world, which I'm getting around to, in the latter case) two in Waco, you, Typhon. Or maybe Taure too, because I have no feeling for him at all. Typhon sounded really genuine in his post towards me with the voting analysis, so that'd bump it down to you and Waco.

And the reason you are on there is because I still haven't re-read all of your posts. So uh. You/Waco? Taure/Waco? You/Taure?

In that case, it'd be Waco, I guess, because lurking, but I really haven't checked if either team even makes sense. Like I said, time :|

18. Sesc

Also, I think I pointed that out before, there was something weird with Waco and Taure. Like, he was basically the only person Waco talked with in the non spam posts? Or poked at?

So maybe Waco/Taure. Hm.

Citrus, did you go over Waco? Was that in there? I didn't write more details into my qt, sadly.

Also, off to bed. 5AM, goddamnit.

19. fontisian

Unvote
    Vote Waco

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

[​IMG]

Nice try though.

You know, I actually decided I'd go into this game claiming "I am the Priest" no matter what role I got. And I almost chickened out when I saw my role-card, because damn if I wanted to potentially throw a game on something like that. But it was just. So. Tantalizing.

But hey, guess what? Yeah I'm talking to you, haters of my history in soft-claiming. There's no way you can fault me for soft-claiming this time now can you? Yeah that's right.

Shout-out to Fontisian for wise words such as these:

Because I do enjoy being placed in-between a rock and a hard place, but things like this mean /everyone/ is placed in such a situation.

So. First up, I got a town-check on Newcomb. Hence, why it's worth throwing a game on the risk he's scum. Because surprise! He's not.

Now down to the meat of the rest of this day. Guess what kids? We're not lynching Sesc. yet.

Yeap you read that right. Not lynching him yet. Yes, this is the correct decision.

Scum now are relatively fucked. Either they leave us both to resolve this lynch tomorrow, in which case boom-shakalaka got a N2 check off, or they resolve the situation for us. Self-resolving problem said what!

So. Who do we lynch?

Ironically, the bright side of Sesc's fake-claim is that we now know that Fontisian's town. I'm willing to bet the game that Sesc/Fontisian are unaligned as I've argued for ages, meaning Fontisian is in fact town.

So what do we have left:

Still strongly town-reading Cobalt.
    Town-reading Tyrene.

If Riley told the truth, Kalas is scum, meaning we've gotta dig through Taure/Waco.

Unvote

My name is who? My name is what? My name is:
    Vote: Waco The Kid

what