1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Sesc, the problem I'm having here is, if Riley is town, then Kalas was a wolf and Kalas spewed you as wolf.

But if Kalas isn't a wolf, then Riley is.

But if Riley is, then you're almost certainly real with no CC.

???

What the actual fuck.

Is this the point where I start going full-paranoia in my QT and start tinfoiling Citrus? It would be the third game in a row. Hmm. It was on D2 of Narutomafia, too.

I mean all I've got on Citrus right now is meta. Like, I was convinced he was scum in the two previous games and he was town, and now I think he's town, so....

But that's a shitty fucking reason to lynch someone. Citrus seems like he's so obviously trying to solve the game.

Waco, for the high crime of being a slanking wolf?

Cobalt, for the 2015 Oscar for Best Impersonation of a Towny?

Typhon, for subbing in and immediately flipping 180 on Irene's reads?

Taure, for being completely open and transparent about the capriciousness of his decision making?

Like.

If you're real:

Newcomb
    fonti
    Sesc
    Riley
    Cobalt
    Citrus

Lynch outside that, GG?

Aaaaaaand I just saw Citrus's post and now that's kind of worthless.

Apparently we're not lynching him with a counter, either!

:colbert:

Like, I don't even...

My brain hurts.

[​IMG]

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Not gonna lie, I'm EXTREMELY nervous about a witch!Citrus now.

But he's just... so fucking towny.

Bloody hell. I hate all of this with a burning passion.

Unvote
    Vote Waco

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

y'all don't even realize.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/PandaTantrum.gif

Me rn.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

My gut is telling me that Sesc is a lying piece of shit and it's telling me that SO HARD.

If I'm right, I'm gonna totally kick myself for it next phase.

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

I want to just throw all my eggs in Citrus' basket but he doesn't even want to lynch Sesc.

The struggle.

And ya know, Citrus, if I was right that you claimed priest D1 as the actual priest, I'm gonna have a field day. That's pretty balls to the wall, man.

---------- Post automerged at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Wait, I'm actually not sure on this.

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

I don't get it. If we have the counter, can't we just lynch Sesc with it toDay?
    Citrus - all it does is give them more chances to soup if we leave a witch alive going into the next Night, and if you're telling the truth, you're gonna die so we won't get another check.

What is your angle here?

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It's ok. We're just lynching Waco. Believe in the me who believes in you.

4. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

So, I shouldn't claim fully then. Or is it that I should, since citrus and sesc did. That way you can let scum tell you which they want out of the game now. Is that a thing?

5. fontisian

For clarity, I'm certain Citrus is the real priest. I also think Sesc /may/ be town anyway, for reasons, and it benefits us to keep him alive and lynch him toMorrow either way.

---------- Post automerged at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

PLEASE SAY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT YOUR ROLE.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

The cool thing about soup is that even if Sesc attempts it, it will probably fail and give us some valuable alignment information about the targets.

6. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Goddamn this game. Look, I'm fine lynching Waco, because he's pretty scummy, but... like. Sesc and Citrus are freaking me out. I think I see what you're saying fonti, but Jesus. This is insane.

That makes the last lynch Taure?

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Riley god no don't claim plz. Don't fuck us like that.

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

They have to guess about things now.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

^

These.

Like - we have two people claiming to be Priest. One of them is a witch. And people want to lynch outside that group. I mean, take a step back from this game specifically and think about Mafia meta in general. "Hey, remember that time we had a claim and CC and lynched neither of them? LOL."

I'm sorry, maybe it's just my aching brain, but... WHAT? You think Sesc could be town and fakeclaimed Priest and outed the real Priest? Seriously?

[​IMG]

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just woke up, this whole role reveal is crazy and has completely scrambled my thinking. I'm gonna need some time to think it through.

To be on the safe side, until then:

Rescind lynch vote.

Oh, also, one thing that people don't seem to have said: if Sesc is the priest, then for some insane reason he chose not to investigate Newcomb, so in that "world" we can't assume town Newcomb.

To be honest, the fact that he said he didn't investigate Newcomb is to me the strongest evidence against Sesc being the real priest. I just don't see why he wouldn't go along with the plan. It was pretty important to confirm lump as town.

But yeah, need to think. At this point I'm primarily trying to figure out how this works with the Riley stuff, which I had been moderately confident on. However, my Riley confidence has been diminished not just by Sesc's claim, but by the response of certain people to it.

---------- Post automerged at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Sorry, forgot to bold.

Rescind lynch vote

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

If fonti/Citrus are doing what I think, it tracks. Was hellaciously drunk before. Kinda sobered. Waco is an okay lynch here. Or Taure. If we hit a witch tonight, I suspect things will be revealed D3. No one should claim like at all.

---------- Post automerged at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

If Taure rereads and considers things and still feels this way, then I might prefer a Taure lynch to Waco, despite everything.

---------- Post automerged at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Oh, and

Unvote

The sun is about to come up here, so I'm going to bed. Night.

10. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Currently split between two scenarios:

Scenario one: Riley is town, Sesc fake claiming. Witch team: Sesc/Kalas/Waco (?). Also chance of Typhon not Waco.

Scenario two: Riley isn't town, Sesc is priest. Witch team Citrus/Riley/???. Strong chance of Newcomb witch. I used to think Citrus/Riley/fonti, but if Sesc is priest in this world and he says fonti is town, then it can't be her.

I had been moderately confident in scenario one. Not even Sesc claiming really dislocged that - classic witch move. HOWEVER, the reason for my confidence in scenario one has been significantly diminished by the posts of a certain player in response to the Sesc claim. To put it in as vague terms as possible, I had based my town!Riley confidence on a role read. Now that role read has become a lot less clear.

What I really need to figure out, though, is if there's any chance that Riley is town AND Sesc is town.

---------- Post automerged at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Also, not sure about the Waco vote in place of deciding about Sesc vs. Citrus.

Like, we can't ask the priest to investigate them and tell us which is the priest, because the role in contention is the priest itself.

We're probably not going to get any more hard info on them, except through one of them dying. At which point the info is too late to help us. And I'm not convinced that one of them will get souped tonight - it benefits the witches to keep the town in a state of confusion, which would mean keeping both of them alive.

Basically, I think we can't avoid the issue and need to decide today, more or less, which is the real claim.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Wait, I don't understand now that I've slept on it.

If we're certain that Citrus is the real priest, fontisian, why on EARTH are we not lynching the then-outed witch?
    Citrus what do we gain from wasting a valuable day phase, giving the witches another Night to deliberate and attempt soup, only to potentially be in the same boat the next phase?

Like, I literally just came to my senses. Why the FUCK are we not lynching out of the claim / counterclaim?

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah... in the daylight, it makes a little less sense than what I was thinking. Surely, surely we're not looking at a fucking Citrus/fonti/Kalas team? That would completely upend my world here, but is maybe worth considering?

---------- Post automerged at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Nah, I think stay the course. What's happening is weird and ballsy, but if we're looking at that scum team then almost my every read has been wrong, and I don't think I'm that bad? Think about it guys. There's a scenario here.

13. fontisian

We are deliberately attempting to put the scumteam in an awkward position by forcing them to either scumfirm the fake priest or risk the real priest getting another check and we're trying to lynch the third scum in the meantime.

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Look, Citrus and I are both saying to lynch Waco. Since we literally cannot both me witches and we're both mechanically savvy players, have a little faith and lynch Waco.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah, I'm literally like.......

tbh if Citrus and fonti are pulling the strings here they deserve a win anyway. Let's just roll with it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Hey fontisian.

Town!Priest!Citrus and Witch!Sesc. Could you be a witch in that world?

15. fontisian

Many things are possible.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Also, I'm like 90% certain Citrus is lying about checking Newcomb and checked me.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

And I probably shouldn't have outed that. Sorry Citrus.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeah no. I'm going to just go ahead and ignore you for the rest of the day. I have colorful words to say to you post-game for how stupid you are for saying that. Whatever, can't blame any more shitshows this game on me.

That said, everyone else better listen to her tomorrow onwards. Even if she said really really stupid things sometimes.

---------- Post automerged at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I have a pretty busy day today, I'll try to get on before deadline, but you all should start placing your votes on Waco. Especially you Newcomb, there's a reason your panda is so sad in your images and that's cus he really wants to have his vote wherever mine is.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

...I don't like Citrus / Fonti right now.

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

You guys are all nuts, this game is nuts, and I want to kill the internet. Also.

Can we PLEASE not talk about this. Like, I've been trying to save the game, and every word is too much. Whatever I am, let's see what happens tomorrow, I have a feeling we'll be a lot smarter then.

As an aside, to those for whom it's relevant, I dislike Taure's last post a lot.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

lol I literally hate this game now NOPE

20. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm just so completely baffled by everything right now. I'm tempted just to say all the people who are casting confusion are scum. Looking at fonti most of all on that front - ever since the Sesc claim, fonti's posts have been all over the place.

I mean, did he just claim to be the Demon? I just don't even know what's going on right now.

Also, Sesc, you might like to specify what part of my post you don't like.