1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Let's go over the font is scum worlds really fast:
    1. Font is scum. Sesc is priest. Not possible.
    2. Font is scum. Sesc is scum. Why did I try to kill him Day 1?
    3. Font is scum. Sesc is town and not the priest. Why am I trying to postpone his lynch now?

I am town.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not saying you are scum, but this is a really weak argument:

Really wouldn't have been the first time mafia voted to kill each other to cover tracks.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I refuse to believe a town!Fonti town!Sesc world. There's no fucking way.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm not voting for shit until I fully grasp why we're lunching outside the claims.

Citrus I swear to god if you're fucking us all over with some MathBlade-level shenanigans I will wreck you.

OK.

fonti/Citrus/Sesc is an impossible team, this is known. B/c then Riley is lying but he can't be lying because there's no place for him on the team.

So either Citrus is real, and it's Sesc/fonti, except why are you telling people to listen to her, Citrus? Or it's Sesc/??? like Waco/Taure/Tyhpon.

I want to hear from Sesc. And Waco. And Riley. Like, Riley, you've done nothing to convince me you're invested in a town victory outside of outing role info. I need you to weigh in and talk about the game, and show me that you're thinking about it and trying to solve it, because otherwise I keep coming back to paranoia-world of "what if you're fake, there are 3 alive, this Priest thing is some fucking convoluted plan and town is about to get rekt."

I'm out for a while. Will be here at EoD.
    Cobalt ^ also please weigh in on likelihood of that last thing, I need a sanity check. At this point I'm like, if you're scum, I lose this game, so I'm pretty much ride or die with you here.

5. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I figured out the source of the confusion: the number of players claiming to have info about other players just doesn't add up right now. Even when we assume Sesc is scum, the remaining players' posts just don't fit together to form any kind of coherent vision. Like, we'd need to have three priests and two acolytes to make sense of it all lol.

So either one of Citrus/fonti/Riley is scum with Sesc and they're double teaming us for maximum confusion, or they're town and confusing the hell out of everyone to deliberately mess up soup.

6. fontisian

There's a different between voting to kill each other and trying to start up a counterwagon at the end of the Day after tunneling in the early part of it.

Listen to me. Citrus and I cannot both be witches. We are telling you to lynch Waco. Lynch him.

---------- Post automerged at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Also, Riley is still always town. Always.

7. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Surely we need to sort out the confusion about Sesc and Citrus first, even if Waco is a witch.

It's like you said earlier about Riley: you pick a world and run with it to maximise your chances of winning. I'm now following your advise as to playstyle. Surely we need to pick a "Sesc v Citrus" world and run with it. Waco's lynch, if that's what we want to do, would follow.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

She's right though. Priest!Sesc (or witch!Sesc) claimed a town read on fonti, and fonti outed Citrus for having investigated her. If both potential priests claimed a clean check on fonti she and Citrus cannot both be witches because fontisian cannot be a witch.

And Citrus / fonti / Sesc can't be a thing because Riley doesn't fit in and he has info.

So fontisian is 100% town.

9. Skeletaure

High Score:
    But Citrus said he investigated Newcomb, not fonti.

10. fontisian

No, we don't. The difference between that and this is here waiting allows us to acquire more info and doesn't appreciably decrease our chance of winning in any world except a Riley/Sesc/not-Waco one (which we've already agreed not to live in).

---------- Post automerged at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I understand this play is counter intuitive. It's also the best we can do in this situation. If you think someone is more likely to be a witch than Waco (outside of the me, Riley, Citrus, Sesc cluster), then speak up. If not, then this is what we need to do.

11. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I'm not convinced that Citrus or Sesc are going to die in the night. I think even if they both avoid lynch, the witches will keep them alive to perpetuate the confusion and make us continue to risk the 50% chance of lynching our own priest.

I mean, it's a no brainer from the witches' perspective. If they kill the real priest, we'll definitely lynch the fakeclaim the day after, so within a day they'll both be dead. If they leave them both alive, there's a chance we'll believe their fake priest and lynch the town priest, leaving the fake priest in a powerful position to lead us around by the nose. And if we get the fake priest in the lynch, they can always kill the real one afterwards, putting them in the same place.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

All of this means that we're not going to get any more info on Sesc v Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

What's the actual reason to lynch Waco, except that a) he hasn't posted much and b) because you say so?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It can't be Sesc/fonti because we now have confirmation due to fonti's out that Priest!Citrus checked her and he got mad about her revealing that so she was right.

So there's no way that there are three witches alive. That constitutes Riley being in the team, and we said multiple times that if the real Oracle/GD had any definitive results contrary to Riley's that they should come forward, and they haven't.

13. fontisian

If the witches don't kill Sesc or Citrus, then they'll come into toMorrow with an addition check each which we can use to judge them and solve the rest of the game. This is ideal.

Waco's posts lack content and a scumhunting mindset. His town game is usually stronger.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Definitely Not Taure

---------- Post automerged at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

I think I know why Citrus is mad about that but I'm gonna COMPLETELY zip my lips on that one.

15. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Okay, I am no longer confused. Finally got everything sorted in my head.

Here's where I'm at.

Definitely 100% town:

Naeblis
    Snowvon
    Jan
    Fontisian
    Riley
    (Me)

Definitely 100% Witch:

Kalas

Probably town:

Cobalt

Witch #2:

Waco or,
    Typhon or,
    Newcomb

Witch #3:

Sesc or,
    Citrus

I'm now leaning more towards Sesc being town than Citrus. This is because he was the first one to claim that he investigated fonti instead of newcomb. Citrus said he investigated Newcomb, and only implied he investigated fonti after fonti said it, which looks a lot like a backtrack after being caught out.

However, I will follow fonti's lead and agree to lynch someone other than the priest-off candidates.

I feel like I trust Newcomb. This could be misplaced trust created by the now-false impression that he had been investigated and cleared, but I have to pick someone to lynch out of Waco/Typhon/Newcomb, and with so little to distinguish them I'll allow my gut instinct that Newcomb is town to carry me through.

Out of Typhon and Waco I'm moderately indifferent, but Waco has been rather inactive, which could be suspicious. So I'll follow fonti's lead and go for him.

I think we should start coming up with ideas for how to distinguish Sesc and Citrus. As fonti says, this should involve them investigating different people. But how can we design this to help us?

---------- Post automerged at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Lynch vote: Waco

16. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator note: While not strictly necessary, making vote and elect votes on a new line, and colored would make my life a lot easier. See Citrus' post #16.

Vote Count #10
    The Waco Kid (5): Sesc, Fontisian, Citrus, Cobalt, Taure
    Riley (2): Newcomb, Newcomb
    Typhon (1): The Waco Kid

Abstaining (2): Riley, Typhon

With 10 votes alive, 6 is soft lynch, and 8 is hard lynch.

(Let me know if there are any mistakes, or just clarify your vote in your next post if it's not what you think it should be)

Day End Timer - 5 hours remain!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  17. fontisian

I want to let Citrus and Sesc make their own checks, on the off chance I'm wrong about Citrus being real. The thought process behind their checks should be helpful for figuring this out. I still have a lot of trouble seeing us just not insta-lynching Sesc toMorrow, but you never know.

---------- Post automerged at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Taure: Citrus actually hinted that his real check was me in his first claim post, here:

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

FFS, wish I had checked the thread before bed... I mean seriously, does nobody else see what I see here

Please just stop role-fishing. If there's confusion over the roles that's pro-town because it helps prevent soup

Again, see above re: the confusion. If you're lynching between Sesc and Citrus it should be after you have max info. And if you did lynch there today wouldn't the aftermath be far more important in deciding tomorrow's lynch than any plan you come up with off the cuff today, I mean seriously.

I can't see a world in which you're not town, but that's literally the laziest read I've seen in a long time. This is literally the same why I've gotten wagoned in the past two games I've been in on my second day.

The only thing worse is:

Taure sheeps the read real hard. Please notice how he attempts to clear Typhon with the assumption I'm scum.

I've been pointing out the holes in Taure's posts for two days. If it's too late to convince you guys from mislynching me here, than fine I get it, it'll help with PoE, but if you do nothing else, follow my reads from today.

---------- Post automerged at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Unvote

Vote: Taure

19. Skeletaure

High Score:
    You accuse me of role-fishing, and yet call me lazy for giving a read list that would require me to speculate on roles to justify... thus implying that you want me to justify it, and therefore engage in role speculation on a massive scale.

And it's not role fishing to note that there's a lot of confusion about whose role claim is true. Firstly, it doesn't invite a response, as it's simply an observation. Secondly, it merely says what everyone already knows.

Congratulations on making me much more confident about your lynch than I was before. I said above that I was indifferent between you and Typhon, this is no longer the case.

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Thanks for proving my point with you two, Taure