1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Caligula, Feb 16, 2014.

1. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Imp agent was fucking amazing, levelling up an inquisitor now, cause I wanna try that one.

Having said that... Kotor is still more fun for me.

2. Ncjeur

Ncjeur Second Year

I'd love to see a Star Wars story where Grand Master Luke Skywalker travels back in time. I know that there are many fics which have Luke travel back during the original trilogy, however it would be funny to see one where he already is an extremely powerful jedi. Without all that father-son-relationship stuff. Just him doing his thing.
    That would be really cool.
    Edit: Or does anyone know a fic like that?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  3. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Returning to the KOTOR question, the only good fics I've found were some of Sarah1281's fics.

They're quintessentially Sarah1281 fics, though, and just as good and bad and repetitive as that entails.

Edit: Oh, and this fic is genuinely very good.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Everyone, feel free to point me in the direction of TT Starkiller stories.

I can totally get down with a likable, hilariously OP protag being displaced and fucking shit up in a more interesting time period.

5. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

True, KOTOR does have some problems, but it's still great.

As for fics...there aren't a lot of good ones, I think.

Been a while since I've read some, but...

Revanchism was pretty good, IIRC. It's about Revan, Malak and Bastila during the Mandalorian Wars.

Then there was Kotor: The Power of Choice...I remember that it thematized what the Jedi did to Revan -- it always bothered me that this wasn't a problem if you played Kotor 1 as LS -- but I don't know how the story aged. It was more or less finished, though, even if its status isn't completed.

6. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Speaking of TOR; did the game actually bring any good stories with it? It's filled with plenty of plotlines waiting to be expanded - something I found myself quite interested in after my last re-read of blink101's stories.

I checked the games' forum story section, but that was predictably horrible.

Oh, and Inquisitor is a treat.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    I think I'd love a Starkiller as Inquisitor or Sith War story...

Hmm..

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I haven't seen any even remotely readable TOR fics. It's kinda disappointing actually, I'm rather absurdly fond of the setting.

I would read the shit out of that. Here's to hoping you, or anyone really, runs with the idea. There's some interesting potential there for Starkiller as the Emperor's Hand. I wish I could remember the specifics of the plotline now, but it's been years since I leveled my Warrior. I'm pretty sure that Belsavis would be kinda amazing with Starkiller running around though.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  9. Gengar

High Score:
    I've thought about a TOR!Starkiller story for a long time, but I always come up short with what the motivation for my headcanon version of him would be.

10. Quiddity

High Score:
    Care to share? If this guys stuff is anywhere near as good as his brother's, I'd like to see it ;)

11. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8733189/1/The-Art-of-Betrayal

One of my guilty pleasures. Basically OOC-as-fuck Starkiller being dropped in Justiceleagueverse and fucking around.

He's also writing Second Chance, which is a fairly decent Vader-Goes-Back-To-Clone-Wars thing.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Ew. Noty to Sith Stalker Starkiller.

13. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That Second Chance one is just ridiculous.

14. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I never thought I would live to see the day TOR was praised and KotOR shat on. It amazes me.

Anyway, I'm interested in stories about the rebellion before the original trilogy, maybe in which Luke just goes about becoming a pilot like his father, or a smuggler, or something like that, with as little to do with the force and the jedi as possible. Does such a thing exist?

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Who's shitting on Kotor? I prefer Tor, doesn't make Kotor any less great - just not as great as i remember.

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    This isn't exactly what you're looking for - it's a teaser by blank101 on Luke leaving the Rebellion to travel with Han - but what is there is worth the reading.

17. Jaska

Jaska Third Year

Nobody seems to have posted this yet. It's a short 10k word story centered on the jedi strike teams' attempt to capture Revan. I remember it being quite good.

18. Swamp

Swamp First Year

I don't think anyone posted this one either: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9397800/1/A-Second-Chance

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure and has its mistakes, but overall is really good for what it is. It is basically Vader goes back to the prequel times, fights on the side of the Separatists, and is still stuck in the suit. Think Free From The Force, but much better.

19. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Except it's stupid, because he was ostensibly sent back to right his wrongs....which he does by basically being a villain. One of his first major actions was to wipe Theed off the map.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Am I the only one who thinks that fics that send Vader back and have him Palpatines bitch again, are fucking stupid? LOL YES, I WILL ALLY WITH YOU AND LET YOU LEAD ME AROUND AND DO WHAT YOU SAY LOLHAHAHAHAH YES SIR.