1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lol, literally same.

Tbh, Citrus, if you're running a gigantic scheme on us I'll hand you the win at this point. There's no way all that ran in your favor so nicely thus far.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What you should take from it is that I've given up, and I blame other town entirely for this fact.

When scum win, it will entirely be the town's fault.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

We go from there probably being one scum left as the general consensus to "when scum win"?

There's no way that any of your conspiracy worlds are logical. Like, I get paranoid about Citrus too, but like... no.

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

I think I might have been right about Taure early in which case I'm calling this as a solid town game for me even though I was wrong about Sesc.

4. Skeletaure

High Score:
    So from now on, since reads have been rendered impossible, I'm going on gut instinct.

The biggest problem with this is that, thanks to Citrus, fonti and Typhon, we have absolutely no idea if Kalas was a witch or not, something we used to be fairly certain on.

So I don't know if my gut should be directing me towards 2 or 3 people.

Assorted thoughts:

Only person who doesn't seem to be lying is Newcomb, so won't be lynching him.

Fonti is more or less confirmed town, even though she's definitely fucking the town around, so won't be voting her.

Cobalt seems towny. Won't vote for him.

So I'm split between Citrus, Typhon, and Riley.

I used to be fairly sure on Riley, but I'm not actually sure if any of my previous reasons still apply. I mean, the reason why we were going to lynch Riley was that (I thought), fonti, Typhon and Riley had all claimed to have mechanical info that means that they were all claiming Oracle or Graverobber. That meant one of them had to be lying, and thus scum. Fonti was confirmed by probably!priest!Sesc, so it was 50-50 between Typhon and Riley. And we were sure Kalas was a witch, because all three of them claimed that he was, meaning their oracle/graverobber info agreed.

But now it turns out that fonti isn't Oracle OR Graverobber. She just claimed to have access to that mechanical info for no reason other than to apparently confuse the fuck out of us. On top of that, Typhon has admitted he was lying. On top of that, now Citrus has claimed.

So in fact we had "two roles, three claimants, at least two liars". Just WTF.

So the "two roles, three claimants" situation has completely collapsed. In that situation it made sense to lynch one of them. I'm not sure why we're lynching Riley in its absence.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I don't see how fake softs that potentially confuse soup are inherently witchy?

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm sorry for helping us realize Kalas might have been town? 10/10 would read again

7. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Cobalt: you're making a lot of assumptions that there's only one scum left.

Like, the reason why were we sure we were down to two scum was that all three of fonti, Riley and Typhon said they had mechanical knowledge to that effect. It's now known that fonti and Typhon were lying. So we're left with Riley's statement.

And now Citrus is complicating that situation, but Citrus has claimed so much that it's boy who cried wolf here. I just can't trust anything he says anymore.

Similarly, believing that Waco was scum is down to trusting Citrus.

I'm not even sure we're down to two, never mind one.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If it wasn't obvious: the most likely way we could lose if we do is if we all get souped. Noone should claim, no one should crumb, no one should soft, etc from here on out unless there's a very fucking good reason.

Taure, stop role fishing please, k?

9. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Because the end result has been to utterly confuse town to the point where we have basically zero firm information at this point, other than Naeblis, Snowvon and Jan town. And probably town Sesc and fonti, but I'm not willing to treat that as 100% confirmed anymore.

---------- Post automerged at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Lol, even if I was scum, there'd be no point. At this point no one is going to believe any claim, soft or otherwise.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Sesc was the Priest.

Only Kalas was dead at the time of the Sesc / Citrus claims. There's no way that they could both claim a clear check on font as witches, and Riley claim that Kalas was a witch in the same world. It's impossible.

Taure's getting desperate.

---------- Post automerged at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Taure: "All these soft claims are confusing we have no evidence. Everyone claim so I can soup plz."

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------
    Citrus

Are we sure that Riley/Proph isn't telling the truth, Kalas was a witch, Waco was a witch as per your results, and Taure is the last one?

11. Skeletaure

High Score:
    ... I'm really struggling to see how you're getting "everyone claim" from a rant against people claiming too much.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

You mainly expressed frustration at not having any concrete info BECAUSE of all the soft claims. Only way to get concrete info is correct hard claims.

13. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Okay, I'm reverting to sheer basics.

Two people claimed priest.

One died to night kill.

You lynch the other.

It's certainly not beyond Citrus to try to play the double bluff in this situation. We know he's a bold player from his priest claim on D1. We know he's experienced enough to pull it off. He knew other players would trust/sheep him enough that he had a moderate chance of pulling it off.

And with the complete chaos surrounding the graverobber and oracle roles, it's certainly easy to claim one of them without getting called out on it. Especially if witches have necromancer info to help.

Lynch vote: Citrus

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Here Taure. Let me throw you a bone. glhf with soup.

---------- Post automerged at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Vote: Taure

Or Citrus do you still want to lynch the Riley/Proph slot after this? If it don't get souped tonight we know it's a witch.

15. Skeletaure

High Score:
    It's too late for that though.

What the town should do is use hard claims judiciously, revealing them at key points of play when the benefit outweighs the cost.

But this town has been so fast and easy with the hard claims that, even if that key moment has arrived and some of us are telling the truth with vital strategic info, I can't believe it.

This is why it's generally a bad idea for town to lie. I mean, if one town player lies as part of a gambit it can work, but only in limited circumstances. And certainly not when half of the town is gambiting.

From the Mafiascum wiki:

The gambits going on in this game really don't fit these criteria.

---------- Post automerged at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Also

Highlighting this for post-game hilarity.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

*starts eating the popcorn*

17. Skeletaure

High Score:
    By the way, Cobalt, I'm really getting a strange vibe off this:

There's no way you should be that blasé in confidence about a player who fake counter claimed the real priest.

At best you should be nervously willing to trust Citruson a provisional basis. But you shouldn't forget that a day ago we were ready to lynch him if Sesc died, and lo and behold, Sesc died. What are we doing about it?

Apparently our reaction is saying "if Citrus is a witch, I'm willing to let him win".

Like, that's just an absurd sequence of events. The level of trust you're putting in Citrus does not at all reflect his actions.

Now, I could have been drawn to the conclusion that you are Citrus are working together from this reaction. However, I don't think that's the case, on sheer gut instinct. Rather, I think you're simply letting Citrus lead you around completely.

Cobalt the Friendly Panda has apparently been given to Citrus. I must have missed the vote.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeah you got us. Sesc and I were pulling an elaborate heist where we BOTH fake-claim Priest, then we kill him and our plan continues with me talking my way out of that situation. Oh yeah, and we managed to pull off priest claims AND now a gravedigger claim without any counter-claims from Priest/Acolyte/Gravedigger.

And we would've gotten away with it too if it wasnt for your meddling mafiascum wiki.

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

I'm sorry, I just can't resist responding, I'm having a boring morning

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

I have a list of appeals to emotion for you Taure. You've got 3 checked off so far. You've got 12 hours. Can you tick them all?

19. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I consider that situation possible. Not likely, but not impossible, thus not 100% confirmed.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Cobalt

I still want to lynch Rilaxis first. If you look at Taure's recent posts, he also had one where he tried to move the wagon off the slot specifically rather than just push on me, making me think they're aligned.

He also had a *I'm mad because Kalas isn't considered town anymore* which indicates Kalas was town, and that implies Rilaxis was scum (thanks for coining that Typhon!).

My gut said he's trying a last-ditch mislynch, and he's going to hail mary it tonight with soup

---------- Post automerged at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Rock on, Sherlock Holmes. Rock on.