1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mindless, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Add me if you play on NA ZEAL92#1215.

Our (crusader) single target benefit is bane of the stricken. I'm not exactly sure what difficulty/gear you have (phalanx isn't used anymore) but once you get the hammerset and bracers you don't use a generator anymore. I'm clearing like GR 38/39 on my current season crusader.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ZEAL92-1215/hero/65485242

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I have recently started to play D3 again. I did the first 4 acts when the game release originally but I never did anything else. Now, I'll admit to being kind of lost to the whole end-game of D3.

I did a Wizard (seasonal) and I've recently hit 70 (paragon 8). I've done just a couple of ridt at Torment 1 with some friends but what's next exactly? What should I do to reach the higher difficulties? Oh and what's so big about making a season hero? I did one because mu friends' characters were but does it mean I won't be able to play it anymore when the season ends?

3. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Add me on b.net my tag is above. In short do bounties until you have all the recipes and some crafting materials (15 from each act was my benchmark) at the highest difficulty you can quickly clear. Once you start picking up legendaries bump the difficulty until you start getting bloodstones. In general bounties are for materials and rifts are for gear (but bounties will also give gear, rifts will give bloodstones which is like gambling for gear). It's easier said than described really, but doing just about anything will get you gear and materials to advance to higher difficulties.

4. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

I've been playing D3 on and off since it came out. It's definitely improved since the early days. Almost paragon 500 now, playing witch doctor mainly, and using that to gear out my other classes. Haven't really been doing seasons, the rewards just weren't enough to tempt me into basically restarting the whole game.

Bnet tag is MasterChef #1676 on NA.

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Basically, your first step should be picking a goal spec. There are a few specs for every class that are viable (though obviously some specs are much better then others). What usually determines which spec is most viable are the Sets that class gets.

So your goal is to figure out what spec you want to play (roughly), and what set supports that. For instance, I play a multishot DH, so that means I need the Unhallowed Essence set to make it work, no matter what other gear I have, because the biggest multipliers come from the set.

So once you have a good idea of what gear you are working towards, now you need to actually GET it. The easiest and fastest way is to have higher geared friends just take you along on rifts. If you have a friend who's a geared out SSS monk, for example, he can essentially solo t8 rifts with ease. Torment 8 rifts will drop a lot of loot, and you can just be dragged along (at any level, though you wont see good gear until you hit 70. You will level super fast though) collected loot until you can contribute yourself. Bonus points for having someone else of the same class as you in the run as well, so if gear they no longer need but you do drops for them, they can pass it to you as well.

Don't have friends? No problem! You can join public lower tier rift runs (go to game options, set to torment 1-5, set to public, and rifts, and join ta public game) and theres pretty much guaranteed to be at least one person who can carry the group that way. I've seen level 1's jump in these sorts of games for easy levels, some people are cool with it some arent.

Having trouble getting that specific piece you want? Well now theres a way to force it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/3bogwg/how_to_go_about_getting_kunais_cube/

Kanai's Cube is quite the treasure (though the guide is slightly misleading, you arent trying to find "ruins level 2", its called something completely different. Its the only exit from the zone though), and comes with a few recipes baked into the cubes UI. The most relevant are "Legendary Power Extraction" (you destroy a legendary item with orange text on it, but save that orange text power (in its strongest form, so your personal rng doesnt matter anymore) and can equip one power each from a weapon, an armor, and a piece of jewelry to your cube that gives you that orange text regardless of what gear youre using. This is very important to a lot of specs).

Next is "upgrade a level 70 rare item to a legendary/set of the same type". Type being like 1 handed sword, 2 handed sword, 1h crossbow, 2h crossbow, staff, etc. It costs a bit of crafting mats to do this (PSA: NEVER SPEND CRAFTING MATS ON ANYTHING BELOW 70), but its the most efficient way to go about getting that fucking Calamity that never fucking drops for you that you need to finish your spec.

You can also use the cube to basically completely reroll the stats on the legendary (and also give it another chance to come out Ancient, i think), which is nice if you have a legendary or set you need, but the stats suck.

Cube not good enough? Then the Bloodshard vendor is for you!

Bloodshards are a currency that drop from Rift bosses, Greater Rift bosses, Bloodshard Goblins, and I think from bounty rewards. There is a vendor who lets you gamble for gear with shards- you pay for a piece of gear from that slot, and it can be anything from magical to legendary/set, though its usually rare.

Hope this helps you new/returning people

6. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

My single damage problem seems to have cleared up a bit what with hitting 70 and gaining access to some of the more interesting legendaries. Paragon 40 now I think and still refining so I'm only running T2 level difficulties at the moment. Helps I'm rusty as all hell in Diablo and still trying to figure out what I want to do with this character.

Battlenet ID is: Tiamat#1760

I also tend to play a lot of HotS so if anyone is interested in that as well I'm up for a few games.

7. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Thanks for the advice guys! Here's my wizard now (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hawkin-1608/hero/66761147). I'm running T1-T5 without any difficulties now (rifts and GRifts). I ran with a friend of mine (monk), god that shit was ridiculous.

If anyone is playing wizard and just hitting 70, I find my build to be extremely good (with dominance) to just stand and kill stuff while absorbing most damage with the dominance buff.

I had a lot of fun trying to synergyze my spell with my friends yesterday. Ended up playing with a barb and wd who both had some ability to bring the mobs to a place where I could just black hole with spellsteal+nova with chill and desintegrate their faces off (like literally).

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kalas#1412, yet another thing I'm trying to get back into. Lets see how it goes.

9. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Here's my bnet for those who want to run stuff or level new chars or w/e :)

Hawkin#1608

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone playing on ps4?

11. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Anyone experienced as a wizard in this season? I'm trying to break GR53 and for some reason I just can't seem to do it. Just to give you an idea, I managed to do GR52 in 7min30 sec or so. Right after that I did GR54 in 15:01.99 (fucking bullshit!). Since then, I just failed and failed, never doing better than 17min+ in both GR54 and GR53.

Profile; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hawkin-1608/hero/66761147

12. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Season Five is out? Anyone playing? ZEAL92#1215 if you want to add me. Currently level 60 as a crusader but I have some errands to do.

13. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Have they added lots of new stuff? If not I so cannot be arsed.

14. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm playing, Shiki#2698. Rolled a Wizard again, paragon 220 something.

Firebirds is garbage. Upgrade to Tals asap >_>

They're changed some stuff. Like, there's a balance between bounty/rift/grift runs. Though that's mostly from the previous season, as is the removal of grift trials. As for this season only, just some new maps, set dungeons, a massive buff to a lot of sets and legendaries. I didn't play last season, so it feels surprisingly fresh to me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wasn't Kunais last season? Pretty big addition. Didn't follow this season's changes.

16. Zeelthor

I just don't see how difficult it would be to add like a few new sets per class. They wouldn't even have to be viable to do into really high rifts, just something new to play around with.

Would make me run the game through once more. As it is, meeeeh.

17. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

They did add something like 200 legendary power I believe, which can change the way sets are play significantly.

Kunai was there last season yes.

@Clerith How's Archon now? I saw that they change the beginning stack from 20 to 50 with the belt. Anything else of note that changes the way it is being played?

18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The set itself was unchanged, but Fazula is at 50 stacks and super easy to get, and the new Endless Walk set (Traveler's Pledge and Compass Rose) is really good for Archon. It's still mostly a grift fishing set, but it should do at least 5 levels higher.

19. Zeelthor

Figured I'd make a character tonight. Roughly in 5 hours. Probably something rather derpy like a melee Demon Hunter or a Tanky Wizard. Anyone wanna tag along?

20. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Funny enough, with the right gear the tanky wizard is capable of GR80+ right now. It takes a lot of said gear, but once you're there it's pretty amazing.

Never tried a melee DH though, that sounds fun. May whip that up tonight.