1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I basically put all my eggs in the Newcomb town basket, and refused to reconsider. The regret is real

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It was sad to watch.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

For the record:

D1: Nothing to be done about the D1 lynch. That was horri-bad. Good job though Snowvon!

D2: We got Waco

D3: My information pointed to Scum!Riley. Riley was absolute shit this game, I had confirmation scum knew a town!Riley was the Oracle, scum didn't soup Sesc/Riley N2, Proph claiming Riley picked me N2 was actually what I would consider the most probable fake-claim from someone who had to skim the thread due to the priest-shenanigans D2.

D4: To be honest I still hold by lynching Taure. When he retracted claiming Judge, I thought he realized he was boned by my plan for fake-claiming Judge. Also, and there's proof in my QT, I genuinely thought it was a pro-town move to mislynch him because I thought his judgement was terribad when he wouldn't even consider I could be town. Even though I knew he was town.

So really, I don't feel bad about how each day went down, in retrospect. I think the no priest check on the lump bit us super hard in the ass.

In the future I'm not taking no for an answer when I decide I want the lump, I really shouldnt've backed off on asking for it.

Also holy fucking shit the length of dead-chat. I wish I was there too, this game got so lonely with noone but me posting for long stretches.

I'll post more thoughts if anyone wants them later etc., just ask me anything you want.

---------- Post automerged at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

That said, I did manage to get top poster due to making it to end-game, so there deadchat :p

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

In all fairness, we might have spammed a little bit in there at one point.

But Von and i were within the top d1 posters, so I don't think it is suprising that deadchat exploded when eido gave us that challenge!

---------- Post automerged at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

I never put my vote off you citrus, you were my lump till the end!

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Every time you complained about the thread being too quiet, I wanted to swoop in and be all 'I'm here for you Citrus!' but it just couldn't happen.

None of us understood why you were hard townreading Newcomb. After Day 1, he was noticeably...lacking, I guess? And Riley was pure town mostly by meta.

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Congrats Newcomb for being the only player no one thought was scummy.

I'd call Sesc the town MVP, except whenever he said something reasonable people shot him down.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Irene tho?

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I have a blind spot where Newcomb graduated, got married, bought a house, and had some kids.

Not to worry though, I've ordered a few tactical warheads aimed at that spot so this never. happens. again.

Or at least, so it's a little harder to quite literally pocket me.

---------- Post automerged at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

#priestproblems #deadacolyte

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Would just like to say I think people could chill out a bit about Cobalt. So the game didn't go too well for him, it happens. You learn from it and move on. I certainly made plenty of mistakes and will be making sure not to make them again. You never play the same way twice: next game I intend to make a whole new set of mistakes.

Cobalt: I look forward to seeing you in the next game.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  10. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Deliberately mislynching someone you know is town because they don't have a positive read on you is possibly the least pro-town thing you could ever do. Especially as late in the game as Taure's bandwagon was. That's what scum does to prolong their lifespan. Concerns about him turning on you in the future should have taken a firm backseat to lynching someone you actually thought was a witch.

I don't have much experience with gambits so I won't say anything about those, but the Taure bandwagon was firmly a pro-scum move. Which is why Newcomb was so happy to hard lock the vote in with Lump.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The parts that town missed out on considering enough are :
    How did Sesc and Fonti die? And who are the dead roles?

Fonti knew the moment Sesc claimed that i was acolyte, sadly not everyone was sure about it, but if you believe that then rileys claim is so unlikely to ever be wrong.
    She also wrote when day 3 started "why did you let sesc die?" which was obviously the triggered deathcurse, the same with fonti dying n3.
    Those are always the saves, unless angels have balls and expect the witches to dodge the kill.
    (We did discuss the Sesc save for a while. Someone wanted to save fonti, but if we miss out on saving him we basicaly lose the game for town that night)

Would not have made the difference on the last day, but Riley was obviously telling the truth about kalas, because sesc didnt die to soup. If you don't tunnel that day you have a good chance of winning it.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

NO FUCKING WAY.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I was not planning on being killed at Night.

If Newcomb didn't die, I was prepared to Judge lynch him. Because they would HAVE to kill the Lump if it was town at that point in the game.

Also, Taure, don't fucking claim my role and then expect not to get lynched. I don't know HOW I can have most of that god damn fucking mess pinned on me.

DLP MVP goes to Eidolonic for a great fucking way to alienate new players. Deuces.

---------- Post automerged at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Like, honestly, lol. Literally eat shit. Everyone else was just as wrong as I was.

---------- Post automerged at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also lol, go ahead and blame me for Newcomb making a plan that nobody followed that would have made us win if SESC FUCKING INVESTIGATED THE LUMP LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO.

BUT NOPE IT'S ALL MY FAULT WITCH MVP TOTALLY.

Fuck that.

13. Skeletaure

High Score:
    See my explanation above:

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah, no, all you did was convince town you're scum and make it harder for us to consider any alternatives. But great fucking job though. Totally my fault.

---------- Post automerged at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Also, this is as if Newcomb didn't finagle his way onto my good side by townreading me to the fucking moon and saying we were ride or die. That alone should have tipped me off, but it didn't. Learned my lesson. If someone from GTF did that I would have crucified them immediately.

I'm actually REALLY fucking pissed at that end post. Lmfao.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Channeling your inner Dumbledore here.

(I completely agree, though.)

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Whatever. Had fun despite the excruciating phase lengths. Don't think I'll repeat. Bye guys.

17. Skeletaure

High Score:
    See my explanation above:

Let's not pretend you were ever going to lynch someone else.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You're right, I probably wasn't.

But I definitely wasn't going to after that fake-claim. At least fake-claim something that doesn't want to result in a no lynch to confirm the role next time yeah? Or, ya know, your own role.

---------- Post automerged at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Wait, why the fuck didn't you just say you were clown and say who you pie'd each night???!

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I was pie'd. I could have backed that up.

Taure if you claimed your actual role you wouldn't have gotten lynched. But no, you're right, claiming mine was the better move.

I give up. Everything's my fault. Obviously.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Oh. My. God.

Well at least I have further justification for not wanting Taure making any calls, even if it's still super anti-town to mislynch town when their judgement is horrible.

Seriously. What. the. fuck.