1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

Real life stuff happened I guess, but he should have asked for a replacement before his wagon got really going.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Von :

Since you are claiming to be my favorite character in Les Misérables, do you mind if I quote A little Fall of Rain after killing you?
    I meant, after you die to a tragic accident in the night.

I might have canceled a certain wedding and will just order (a lot of) food now, while rereading this thread and claiming witch that wants to kill Von tonight, and just so the witches will do as i ask - Von is the priest.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

WAIT MORIDIN

When you asked me why I didn't ask fluff, I thought you meant 'why did you ask fluff [why he RVS'd you], which he didn't, so I didn't understand the question. Because the other people you listed had all voted for me. My bad.

Not at all. You do you.

If I die and you're actually town, it probably means Newcomb is a Witch because he's jealous of my top poster spot.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Dunno. I'm still kinda wrapping my head around "roles can be either town/witch." And I wasn't lying about giving myself a pass until at least mid-D1 to just fuck around. I feel like I kind of earned it after last game!

But, I'll take a stab at it:

I'm assuming "cards" means they get both alignment and role, so that's pretty helpful actually. I guess the reason to out Gravedigger D1 is that you don't want them to get sniped N1 and then have a fake!witch!Gravedigger feeding town bad info?

Although, if Apprentice picked GD that wouldn't work at all.

So... yeah. Don't really see any benefit to GD claiming D1. Why not just out later when you have valuable info?

Just for that, I'm queuing up my DOB shot on you. Also because it's funny. I wonder if KaiDash will accept "DOB shot: Koalas" in my QT?

20 PpP is better anyway. You have to click "next page" more often and it gives you the feeling of progress.

Well, this is the most interesting thing that's happened, and if this is w/v I'm leaning Team Snowvon here. Moridin feels a little over-explainy. But his position on RVS kinda does explain his attitude, like he's on a different page than the rest of the thread. Eh. I want Moridin to interact with People Who Are Not Named Snowvon.
    Moridin:

What's your opinion on this post? Just first thought, instinctual read. In 10 words or less, what's the first thing that comes to mind when you read it, and what alignment do you think it's more likely to come from?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

GD claiming Day 1 gives them extra scrutiny (although that clearly didn't work out last game for Lump because Citrus is a butthead), town gets information, and Witches are usually preoccupied with hunting for the Priest.

If you read the last WH, the GD claimed Day 1 and made it to endgame.

---------- Post automerged at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

I guess it helped that in the last WH, the GD was someone who is super easy to read.

Incidentally, I am also a fan of 20 ppp. :p

---------- Post automerged at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Hey fontisian, if I call you a Witch, will you magically appear to say 'no'?

6. Newcomb

I didn't, but I see your point. Counterpoint: Demon powers make the Priest a waaaaaaaaay less powerful role, to my eyes. Why wouldn't witches just snipe a town!Gravedigger D1 and then we get no information at all unless Apprentice picked a 50/50 on GD/Judge?

Like. Without soup, we don't have to be super-tight with roles, but it's still giving information to witches that doesn't super-benefit town? As opposed to just claiming D2 with "hey guys we got one," or "lol whopos, that guy was town."

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

In small games you do not want the gravedigger to out day1, because you do not want to take away the possible targets for the mafia in the night (priest protection).

At a certain point the possible value of a living gravedigger goes up, because there is enough cover for the priest anyway.

Him outing means he only dies in very few cases (because normally the witches want to kill the priest n1), if he is town.

Depending on the witch roles, they might already know who the gd is (if they have the apprentice and he did choose gravedigger), which means the gravedigger outing would only give information for town (that is a very specific world)

The critical number that is stuck in my head is 12. Above 12 players he outs, under 12 he doesn't. Exactly 12 he coin tosses.
    But in the end it is for the Gravedigger and town to decide. Fonti might have more and better reasons for why the gravedigger outs in bigger setups.

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Queue me up baby. It'll be infinitely better then when Von did it.

9. Newcomb

Didn't even blink. I love it. Newcomb, Koalas, and Waco: 50% reduced calories, new towny flavor? Could it be???

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Stay salty.

---------- Post automerged at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Hi Rubicon.

Wave to me in Obs so I can read it later and smile about it.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I require a gravedigger claim before the end of pre-game. Should you claim later instead of now, there is a fair chance you will get lynched down the line.

I would advice the Apprentice to bias their pick towards Gravedigger and the Gambler to bias their pick towards odd, but to have some elements of RNG.

Vote: Luckylee

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Try again.

13. fontisian

Moridin: Snowvon is tonally town, whatever discrepancies you think you see aside. You're wasting your time.

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Yes.
    /ten char

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Votes have to be red.

15. fontisian

Wow, why does the posting stop when I wake up?

---------- Post automerged at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I colored, bolded it, and put it on a separate line. Kai can suck it.

Vote Luckylee

Ew.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Well we can hope so. Kalas, you got anything related to this game to talk about?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Reading through!

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

(Applause)

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It's a bit meh. I have the flu (or a really bad cold?), and I'm behind on schoolwork, so it's been a long week. Not to mention that long line of parishioners all wanting their children blessed in the hopes it'll repel the witches from them. You'd think the acolyte could do some blessings, but nooo, it has to be me or they aren't happy

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

That's rough man, feel better! Maybe it's your punishment for claiming my role