1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If I knew more about Catholic penance I'd totally call town-points something cooler.

I guess I could call them holy-points or something, since I'm potentially giving them and I'm the priest

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

You definitely did, that was like seconds before you

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Only 20 posts behind you Snowvon! Then I can lurk out the rest of the game mwahahha

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Unvote
    Vote HisFluffiness

Remember to lynch Luckylee in a final three or four. Thanks.

This color is still ugly.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Because you normally just do. And you have not been wrong with it.

I agree that most people should be kinda scared because they do not know how similar my town and scum play might be.

Maybe as scum i won't open my mouth unless spoken to and only push on my partners, because bussing in a no flip setup is a great idea.
    You don't know!

I will tell you that much Citrus :
    I can fake towny behavior in a mafia game without blinking, because it is easy.
    I do tend to be a bit more quiet in videomafia as scum, but that can happen as town as well, because it depends on my mood.
    (Videomafia games are 2-4 hours long, which means moodswings affect your indivual game more compared to forummafia games that go for days. If i am in a bad mood here and don't post for 3 hours, you won't notice the difference)

Screaming at people to stop the trolling and start playing the game or to stop interrupting the game when we are trying to pressure someone. Doing it as either alignment.
    Being happy and trolly at the start of a game, making stupid jokes and claiming scum - doing it as either alignment.
    Asking people about their reads and pushing on quiet people - doing it as either alignment (you have to rolehunt as scum anyway in most games).

My videomafia game is quite similar as either alignment. Fonti knows some differences, so do a few others.
    There is a reason i got n0 copchecked and/or n0 killed/medicsaved in 5 out of my 6 last town-stat-games.

But there is no way I will tell you witchhunt plays that i have in the back of my head. one thing i might have considered is the play fonti and i did the last time we both rolled witches together and only lost because the mod decided to change the rules midgame. (Fonti Razze and i rolled witches)
    All that was before i got any info on my role/alignment obviously, so if fonti is witch she cant get a roleinfo on me out os that.

I love mechanics and will abuse the shit out of them whenever I can, and witchhunt mechanics are so much fun.

I think this is a lot written about nothing, but as I said i will not go into any more, for now. If I see some fun plays for town to make I will tell you about it, don't worry.

---------- Post automerged at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Yes, if Lee is alive that long he always dies there, and if he is town he can shoot whoever else is left as possible scum.

If he is scum, the game ends there.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am still laughing about that WH game.

---------- Post automerged at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

I just realized, we have had literally zero votals this game.

brb

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Those kinds of mechanical plays are what I would consider preparing from the start of d1 onwards von.

With those number of witches and their roles you almost always can prepare something fun.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ordained.

Unvote

Vote: His Fluffiness

Kalas gets to keep my Finger of Suspicion. My other 9 fingers are still fair game.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Could you not sheep my vote guys, i was here first.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Votal

his fluffiness (4): Jan, Snowvon, fontisian, Citrus
    Luckylee (2): Lungs, The Waco Kid
    Menace (2): Luckylee, Menace
    Snowvon (1): Moridin
    Moridin (1): Cobalt

Abstaining (5): his fluffiness, Kalas, Tempus Fugit, Atum, Newcomb

---

Hm.

Looks like I'm sandwiched between two Witches. What can ya do.

---------- Post automerged at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Translation: "Please don't actually lynch my Witch buddy!"

Am I close?

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Maybe this will help.

Vote: Menace

If you'd said anything else it would have freaked me the fuck out, so, /approved. I mean, I still wouldn't have voted for you, since I'm your acolyte and everything, but still. Would have been odd.

Jan: How has Lee's claim affected this opinion, if at all?

You immediately said we're not lynching Lucky because of the claim but you didn't mention fonti at all until this post:

Seems like you're kind of in a holding pattern with fonti. I find your progression on her strange, though. "One between Lucky and fonti" -> "we're not lynching Lucky" -> "fonti would be a townlean except she's really good, so I dunno." That doesn't seem... natural? Logical? I dunno. It pings me.

Eh, I started trying last night when I ISO'ed Waco. Speaking of which I feel a little better with Waco as town considering the way he pushed Luckylee.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Thank you.

/ten

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Hard to trust you after that IRC game, but #329 is probably your best post of the game so far.

The sentiment from my previous vote on HF stands, but Menace deserves a wagon for his (lack of) play as well

Vote: Menace

---------- Post automerged at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

I see your point here, but I'd kinda thought Cobalt had softed GD early in the day, which is why I had commented about players who hadn't responded after we had confirmed the claim as a good idea. Let me look for the post.

---------- Post automerged at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Here: #211

It wasn't major, but after Cobalt's soft CC in TH5, it was something I was keeping an eye on

---------- Post automerged at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

quadruple post

12. fontisian

Jan was saying that no more than one of Luckylee and I are scum, not that one of us is absolutely scum. Down boys.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I read them as unaligned (not w/w) but both of them scummy.

Luckylee is not a target today, yes. But that does not make him town. It just means he prefered to cop-out early into d1, instead of actually being towny.
    That in itself is either scummy or bad play, not sure. I know I hate the play, that part is for sure. As town you might be interested to see who is pushing on you and for which reasons. And you do not want to claim information that helps the witches closing in on the priest.
    He didn't give a single fuck.

Everything Fonti has done so far is something she is capable of doing as scum.
    She talked mechanics which certain people would read her scummy for if she simply does not do that. She has to do that as either alignment and she knows it.
    Her read on Citrus itself is not spectacular, because he is playing fairly towny and his reads are not out of context and make sense, BUT the way she gave it, by taunting people was slightly towny.
    Most other stuff i remember her doing is having fun and not doing a lot.

I would read a newish/unknown player slightly towny from this. She is a nullread and I want her to be active and at least try to solve the game.
    Unless she actually starts doing that and I get some sort of actual townvibe from her, she is neutral/scummy.

---------- Post automerged at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Yes, she is right. Sorry if a phrased it bad before.

14. Newcomb

That's now how I read this:

You jumping in quick-like to defend Jan is a thing.

Jan/fontisian potential noted.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Newcomb:
    Funny enough what you are doing right here is taking the possible pressure that i wanted to get onto Fonti and let her drive by, instead of just letting her react and do some work.

Which ruins everything i wanted and I am really thankful for you to be a giant donkey.
    You might consider using that as your animal of choice this game, thank you.
    (Sorry in a kinda edgy mood today)

I do not mind you asking me stuff like that, but why don't you just let a possible push on someone resolve itself first, before you go out and do your thing. The day is long enough.

I hate that everyone gives Fonti a townpass for nothing so far (you know how that feels fonti?) and now you even take the little bit of suspicion off of her for no real reason at all.

---------- Post automerged at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

I am offended that you think so little of me Newcomb.

If we were aligned she would never ever feel the need to defend me here, because I am just way better than that and she knows it.

16. fontisian

I'm probably aligned with everyone I townread. That's how that works.

17. Newcomb

The way Jan is talking up his scumgame ITT makes my skin crawl.

Jan, if you were like secretly double-bluff pushing on fonti, I did not get that. It seemed to me like you were letting her off the hook too easily, and now you're accusing me of doing that?

Am confused.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Newcomb :
    I am just saying faking simple things as scum is easy.

I never let her off the fucking hook and I am not doing it now.
    I said from the start that the citrus read is a small towntell, but she is capable of faking it.

The only reason i didnt push hard on her is because she was not here. And I will not waste my breath on someone who is busy/afk. I will push on them, wait for them to react and if they do not do that i will continue with the push. (Esp when i know that she is gone every saturday night, so i did not expect any real interaction on her part until she wakes up on sunday. There is no need to repeat myself for nothing there)

Why would i hammer on someone without waiting for a reaction? The point is not to bury someone without a hard reason, it is to force them into play and see how they interact with the game.

I am accusing you of interfering with me trying to get a read on someone because you read me wrong, which is fine. It is a buzzkill moment, but it is fine. Not scummy just annoying.

---------- Post automerged at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

[​IMG]

Because i just stumbled over it and it sadly fits my posting style well.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, no one else is posting. I'll bite, then.

The way I saw things:

> Jan says there is one between Lucky/fonti
    > Lucky claims and makes himself unlynchable for the foreseeable future
    > Newcomb questions Jan on not going after fontisian
    > fontisian corrects Jan's original statement
    > Jan corrects himself and agrees with what fontisian said
    > Newcomb responds to fontisian's briefer explanation and accuses her of jumping in to defend Jan
    > Jan blows up at Newcomb (???)
    > Newcomb explains why he's confused (and I agree with him)
    > Jan does some more splainin'

I'm not understanding how Newcomb ruined your pressure on fontisian, Jan. I don't even see how you were pressuring her, to be honest.

Sure, she was busy last night getting absolutely destroyed by me in every single game, and you didn't want to interact with her when she wouldn't be here. Okay, that's fine. But your reaction to Newcomb looks /so/ off, and it looks more like you're discrediting him rather than, like. Worrying about fontisian.

20. fontisian

Von's still mad about losing dawn of the dead.