1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

fontisian, divine Jan's alignment for me.

---------- Post automerged at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

And we got really close to winning that.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Jan is slightly town.

You lost horribly against a bunch of newbies.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why?

One. One well-hidden newbie.

---------- Post automerged at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Also, how do I develop a read on you when all of your posts are 140 characters or less?

4. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

The activity in this thread is disgusting. If I fall behind again I might actually just kill myself. Sigh.

Alright, in sequence:

Moridin vs. Snowvon had no business being anything at all, let alone the multi-page slap fight it turned into. I'd like to say one of them came out looking scummier for it, but they've sort of lost interest in each other at this point? And moved onto other paths of inquiry. So it's either a really pointless bus argument and they're both scum, or Moridin mistook nonsense for scum play and they're both town and have moved on. I'm gonna say both town for now.

Post #276 pretty much sums up my read on Moridin. Specifically:

Pretty sure he just doesn't get the "spew RVS and gut feelings first, play mafia later" approach that DLP's mafia crowd is tending towards recently. Or maybe he understands and hates it/everyone involved. Either way, he's not wrong.

The ordeal with Kalas tastes funny for a couple reasons, one of them being this bit in #224:

I don't care about the OMGUS - what a ridiculous term, by the way - but the implication that he's strongman and they're picking on him to establish town dominance is pretty gross. I realize meta is huge in this community's play and I'm not up to date on it excepting the most recent TinyHunt, but it's still lazy as hell. It's cool to make that connection in your head and start sifting through their activity for scum tells accordingly, but leaving it at that and letting your meta do the rest feels bad man.

Honestly looking back on it, he never brought up anything else substantial against Jan or Citrus. He posted a helluva lot defending himself when Citrus starting poking him, but aside from an argument that boils down to "No, don't attack me! I'm not the only one doing the thing! That's not fair!" he never really brought anything new into the discussion.

Just a weird initial post that may or may not have been doubtcasting, a bunch of reactivity, and some meta. Tastes funny.

Speaking of funny, Luckylee is being about as much of a shitter as I would expect him to be, regardless of alignment. Can confirm that he's spent at least 25 of the last 24 hours playing League because I'm a scrub that needs the help and/or Sree-senpai refuses to notice him. Same for Lungs (sans Sree-senpai), so their relative lack of actual content doesn't bother me so much. If it keeps up that's subject to change, etc. etc. Lucky's claim is probably legit as well, and he's probably going to kill me if/when he dies for salty out-of-game reasons. Woo.

Cobalt hasn't done much outside of claiming. I will say that while I don't doubt the claim (unless someone decides to counter it), he's been a lot more subdued thus far than he was last game, in post count and in playstyle. Hasn't mentioned sodium chloride once. Oh, also, he threw a lynch vote down on Moridin in #129 and cited a town player who got mislynched for the exact same playstyle in #133 as his reasoning. I can't tell if that was a scum slip or Cobalt being Cobalt. Either way, something to keep in mind.

I'd say something about His Fluffiness and Atum but they have less content than I do at this point so ayyy. Tempus Fugit might as well not exist, he's so null.

Wacko is probably town? If only because he did literally nothing last game as scum and he's been all kinds of active thus far (too active, some might say). Maybe he's banking on everyone saying that- I've certainly seen enough posts citing his meta for that to be the case. I'm fine with putting him down as light town for now, though. Newcomb is a stronger town read mostly for #329 (in regards to Jan):

I've had funny feelings about Jan throughout my read of the thread, mostly because he latched onto fontisian for pure 100% non-concentrate meta reasons and is being super vocal about never letting go. I don't think he's scum if Kalas is, because that nonsense I talked about earlier didn't give me bus vibes, but I can see one of the two being a witch.

Everyone else is null. Or was that everyone? Eh, whatever. To answer your request, Wacko, I'd say my current town reads are Snowvon, Moridin, Newcomb, and Citrus in no particular order. Throw yourself in there if I'm feeling generous. Scumwise, Kalas, Jan, and Cobalt in even less particular order. That said.

Unvote

Vote: Kalas

Hurrrr

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

And...

2nd time I've had to re-request this. I'm not going to care you claimed GD if I have to ask again

---------- Post automerged at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------
    Atum, approaching 48 hrs w/out a post....

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hm.

That's actually a really good point about Cobalt's Moridin vote.

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Same with his fluffiness

---------- Post automerged at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

@Von, reading through that, I have similar opinions to your #339

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I changed my mind.

Newcomb
    Waco
    Moridin
    Citrus
    Menace

is now my trust circle.

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I can't believe I get to say this:

Menace, tone down the sodium chloride.

For a post where you have a couple actual decent points, you really seem to go out of your way to rip everyone's playstyle a new one, complain about the activity level, and call Mafia terminology/theory stupid and lazy.

Interesting strategy.

Also, just LOL:

[​IMG]

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Warota

/ten

11. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

You're dead to me.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Jan, would you mind explaining your thought progression on Fontisian for me? Given the lack of posts from her, which you cite, how does she go from scum, to 50/50 scum, to your tussle with Newcomb because I feel that this below...

...does far more to alleviate pressure on Fontisian, than Newcomb's comments

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

What do I have to give my opinion on now?

14. Newcomb

[​IMG]

15. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Oh, idk, anything you might have an opinion on/read developed from the roughly 280 posts since you last chimed in...

16. Newcomb

Are you really going to be this transparently disinterested in solving the game?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sassy!Newcomb is my favorite Newcomb.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Von: The meta thing is something Jan and I have discussed privately before. I don't /think/ he'd make it such a cornerstone of his play as scum, as it only serves to convince me (and I'm reasonably hard to convince) and runs the risk of alienating everyone else.

---------- Post automerged at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Generally, as a witch, it helps if you at least fake some interest in figuring out the game.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, I think I see what you're saying.

20. Newcomb

My initial vote on Menace was mainly for pressure.

It is now an actual vote.