1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Elaborate, please.

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Give us your thoughts on the big events thus far in the game. Moridin v. Snowvon, Kalas v. Citrus, and Jan v. Newcomb. After that, if you don't have any scum reads among those six, hit us with some and put an actual lynch vote down. Gotta get those votes on you moving somewhere useful.

Replace all relevant adjectives with "scummy". Problem solved.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

It really doesn't make you look townier by re-stating something myself and Fonti have just said, especially when you're enabling him to skim the thread and not find them himself...

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Too many versions of "feels weird" in the same post. Once, twice, whatever. That many, it reads to me like he's leaving himself a ton of wiggle room.

Too much of that long post either complaining about things or a recitation of events that have happened in the game without really commenting on them.

Like:

That's literally just a consensus threadread spooled out to 75 words.

I do agree with this. However, I don't think "making good points" is solely in the realm of town players.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Also rather hypocritical to talk about someone getting there votes somewhere useful, when last I checked you're voting yourself....

---------- Post automerged at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

ninja'd:

above is @ Menace

6. Striker

I guess I could have sarcastically ignored his question, but you seemed to have that one covered.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Currently, I think that Waco is town due to all the poking and prodding he is doing.

I really like Citrus's activity.

Cobalt's asking fontisian about the Gravedigger claim seems genuine to me, though that is partially countered by the fact that he did claim after the pregame. But even then I still see him as town.

I have no clue what Lucky is doing, but then again that's normal, I like his town reads (#275), but the explanation behind all of those reads is just so bad :|. And then I see Waco's point that all those reads I liked were kind of consensus and it's even worse. Also, it's convenient that his claim is basically the one claim that would ensure he's not pressured. Overall, he's giving me super bad vibes.

And then Jan's post #293 is so awful that I'm considering him scum with Lucky. If Lucky is scum DOB, we absolutely want him dead as soon as possible, so that he has a lower chance of hitting the priest than when there are more roles in the open and less people to shoot out of.

Also, this post from Kalas i find pretty bad, not only because his reasoning is kind of bad, but also because of his vague "One of those two is not actually that scummy, but I won't bother elaborating which one" thing.

Effectively, I'm scumreading all of Kalas, Jan and Lucky to a certain extent.

Vote: Luckylee

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

EBWOP: their**

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

his fluffiness

What?? That's a horrible reason to lynch the DOB Day 1. By the time we do get around to lynching him, the Priest will probably be dead anyway.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Sorry guys I may have died of laughter. Good luck with the rest of the game

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm not voting him because he is the DOB, but because I believe that he is scum. The fact that if he is scum he is forced to shoot before narrowing down the priest/ other power roles is just a bonus.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fluff, what, precisely, is your problem with us waiting to lynch Luckylee in endgame? He will never win on his own, because we are always using our last possible lynch on him.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

It's just leaving a witch alive that I'm uncomfortable with? Although, looking through the scenarios, I guess using our last available lynch on him would nullify his power, so it's not terrible. I guess.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

If you're town, look for other witches. If you're a witch, then by all means, continue voting someone who's never going to be lynched toDay.

15. Striker

Replace "weird" with "scummy" and it's a post from anyone else. You're getting caught up in semantics here. As for my reads, I was actually pretty clear that I think one of Jan or Kalas is scum, which is why I voted Kalas (@The Waco Kid "last time I checked" eh? So yesterday?).

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Menace if you were reading you might have noticed this little post earlier this afternoon...

I'd say I'm sorry I missed one of your posts, but hey, I'm not really used to seeing you post in thread

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

What are your thoughts on fluffiness.

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

There's a question mark there I swear

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ok.

So with that thing that was bothering me about Jan explained, he's back to being a null read.

So then,

On to a person's whose one post with actual content is attacking a townread of mine.

Vote Kalas

Kalas, so what are your thought on Citrus and Jan currently? Also, thoughts on anyone not named Jan, Newcomb or Citrus? Because those have been pretty scarce from you so far.

19. Striker

Fluff's plan to lynch Lucky first and kill a member of town guaranteed if he's scum (and most likely even if he's town) when he's confident that Jan is also scum is pretty ill-conceived. I agree with his reads on Jan and Kalas, though, so I won't be stringing the noose up for him today. I'm just, uh. Not following that plan.

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Oh look. It sorted itself out.

20. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

So after nearly a day since my last post I have some readings to share:

Town: Newcomb, Citrus, Waco, Snowvon.
    Neutral: Cobalt, Menace
    Scum: Jan, Kalas

Scum leanings:

I have a feeling for scum Lungs, he was pretty active during RVS but then he vanished, was that just a token participation?

Also this:

I felt the opposite he showed up and posted his opinion and engaged other players, to me he truly acted like a town player who wanted to solve the game.

His fluffiness: His apparent lack of concern with the pressure from other players and with the game in general rubs me the wrong way.

I would like to see them participate more before I put any label on them.