1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Please, Lord Kalas, tell me why I can't townread Tempus.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Is anyone else excited? Because I am

---------- Post automerged at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Inb4 he said everyone can be scum

---------- Post automerged at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

You've ready stated something that I'm pretty sure is wrong and I can prove why, so I'm excited to see this incoming post

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Two one liners - her initial townread for cobalt is in here. He had those two posts up until then : #42 #45
    I personally would have not townread anyone for just those two posts, they are a big bag of nothing in a black hole called random voting stage.

I understand the reasoning, but I do not agree with it.
    If he is scum he fights it because he thought at the time that claiming puts a target on his back. A witch does not want to look for weird reasons why they have not yet died in the night.

Those are direct answers to your question earlier.
    Other than that I have a problem reading the fact that he changed his gameplay by 127% between those two games.
    From tunneling overemotional game solving town!cobalt .. to whatever this mess is.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So sorry m'lady. Forgot this is bizarro land where parroting is the towniest action available.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, seriously, you seem to have a reason against the whole "newbie posting a lot and seeming very genuine" thing to not townread him. Explain.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Let the snark fly, fontisian.

---------- Post automerged at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

I'm mildly concerned that I simply don't know how to read fluffiness. Pretty sure I scumread him in every game over on FS, and I never learn my lesson.

Citrus and fontisian, how do you read fluff?

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got the posting a lot but what genuine feel there was disappeared for me after RvS. I'll do a quick iso after Citrus' but everything I remember reading was just parroting thread trends at the time.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I love it when people vote for me (or anyone in general really) without actually bothering to give reasoning.

Which is why I'm ecstatic at the amount of reasoning there is with regards to the votes on me. /s

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I gave a reason, what do you think about it fluff?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I read him as scummy, and then I haven't read anything that has changed my mind.

I haven't seen anything scum!Fluffiness couldn't have posted. But I haven't even seen anything marginally difficult for scum!Fluffiness to have posted. I also think I saw a weird correlation between Menace and Fluffiness which goes both ways, and that screams aligned.

Atum is not on the table rn because dead slot being replaced.

Don't think I want to pursue lynching Menace right now.

Lucky slot isn't on the table (and I'm leaning town).

Fontisian is fontisian.

Jan should clear up more easily and I don't want to particularly lynch him today.

I townread everyone else.

And that leaves Kalas, whom I'm waiting on for a fabulous post. I really hope he doesn't spend the entire time iso'ing me though because I'd love to see something useful analysis etc. on someone else so I can see if I agree or not.

tl;dr he doesn't look town

---------- Post automerged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Get excited then because I just explained why I have my vote on you!

---------- Post automerged at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Originally reading scummy as in, lurky/not much content and the I sheeped people onto him*

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Oh yeah. Lungs is neutral right now but I don't think I want to lynch him at this time? Saw a few maybe towny things from him and need to engage with him more.

Fluffiness is basically my 'he's probably scum and even if he's town I don't feel bad because I don't expect myself to read him better and he'll probably be lynched at some point this game so bottoms up'. Waiting on Kalas though

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Don't expect to read him better, based off posts up to now from him*
    Not in general, just based off what there is to read him

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Man, if encrypting crumbs was allowed, I'd totally one day use multiple bold brackets or something to encode my role in braille except I might give blab an aneursym. Thankfully don't need it here since everyone knows I'm the Priest.

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Morse code not Braille*

---------- Post automerged at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I think I just broke my record for most auto-merges in a row (7 now)

12. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's hard to say I scumread fluffiness without feeling like there's a healthy helping of omgus in there considering the way he's like, being so flippant about my read on menace or whatever

even though a large part of my negative view on fluffiness is probs gut, there's something to be said for a lot of people having a gut reaction to one person

like, that being said, in my old games I was pretty scummy no matter what faction I played and I got lynched so there's some sympathy there? idk his meta or whatever just the fact that he doesn't want to engage the crux of my post (that menace seems a little too eager in a weirdly scummy way) and reduces/compartmentalizes everything I said into #454 doesn't sit well with me.

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Explain these 4, please.

What don't you agree with on my Menace case? I have him as my top scumread right now and I don't remember you really giving any reasons to townread him.

Lucky I guess I'm kinda on the same page, although personally the way he's playing is pretty disrespectful as either alignment and I kinda just want him gone.

By "fonti is fonti," I assume you mean something like this:

"fonti - I've seen her as town push on town!pozzai, town!Sesc, town!Jan, like when she gets a thought or idea she won't let it go until something gives, one way or another. I haven't seen her do that here, which is why she's null-to-scum. She hasn't done anything overtly scummy, and I have trouble seeing scum!fonti just go "yeah Citrus can just talk for me, it's cool." That's thin, though, and not enough to push her onto the town side from null."

If so, we're on the same page.

Jan... like.... what do you mean by that? "Jan should clear up more easily"

???

14. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

Should I defend my "parroting" or just let Kalas do his homework?

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Let Kalas go first please

16. Lungs

High Score:
    idk man should you just homework and let parrot do his kalasing?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I basically don't try to determine fontisian d1 anymore
    I believe there's enough players that know Jan that there should be a good consensus soon enough
    Lucky is dob sooo yeah
    I think I'd rather lynch fluffiness than menace since they could be aligned? Can you summarize your case again? I thought it was basically "he fence sits"

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

tl;dr basically yeah

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=851267&postcount=364

I did not think Menace's response...

...was very good. It's not semantics - scummy implies various known scum behavioral types, such as the classic "slanking wolf" mentality. "Weird/bad vibes/funny feeling" is wishy-washy when it's chained together like that.

And then this was just a dismissal of my argument out of hand:

town!Menace should see that it's a serious argument. I can be wrong, but I'm not fucking around. I think town!Menace would be more likely to walk me through the places he used a "weird/bad vibes/funny feeling" comment and show me what he actually meant, rather than just dismiss me out of hand.

Where are you getting that? I don't townread Fluff, but I don't reeaaaally scumread him either. Too much similarity to how he played town in Hannibal Mafia. I also have not noted a connection between the two of them. Why do you think they could be w/w?

20. Lungs

High Score:
    I agree with newcomb when it comes to the modus operandi of scum I guess

like, there's a demonstrative element to town posts, or at least a willingness to eat the raisins rather than hide them?

---------- Post automerged at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

uh that's a joke from years ago which I don't know the applicability of anymore

reasons = raisins, when you eat them you explain yourself zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz