1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Pasta Sentient, May 6, 2014.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know he cant because of his age but I honestly wish they could have some way to make Mark Hamill do it, he was fantastic when he played the Trickster on The Flash.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, guess he's not the Joker after all. Lame twist, but I did like the execution of his actions possibly spawning several potential Jokers.

Sad thing is, this pretty much confirms that the writers either don't have the balls or the skill to pull off the character, and have thus decided to leave him out of the series.

3. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Its a good thing Bruce was there to deal with the Joker...

4. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't know, I kind of liked the twist. Remember how everyone was frustrated with the writers telecasting all the villains in the very beginning? Maybe this was a warning that not everything is as it seems. I also think the last scene may have showed us who the real Joker is going to be.

That being said, however, I'm quickly losing interest in the story. The whole "I'm setting this up to be the hero, but I'm really the bad guy!" was very poorly executed. The campyness with which it was done makes Jim Gordan an absolute idiot if he doesn't see through it.

5. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Damn Alfred...

And I guess this is why Bruce will be so paranoid in the future. Ha.

6. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Barbara is a nutjob. Still loving any scenes with Bruce and Alfred in them. Ben Mckenzie has really shone this season. I like what he's doing with the character and I hope that he continues down this more 'by the book' Gordon we eventually see in the comics. I really wish there was a separate TV show with Bruce's training however. Really.

7. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Truthfully I'm getting tired of this show. The plot hasn't really moved forward and I I feel like all the characters are on the same level. Even the so called good guys are as corrupt as the villains.

8. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I think that's the idea of Gotham. That Gordon started to clean it up and then Batman comes in when it gets too hard for him. Although Gordon himself toes the line a lot..

9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Toes the line? He already crossed it when he did his favor for the Penguin.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I mean, that's the point of the show, isn't it? To show that Gotham corrupts even the most honest citizen; that things will one day get bad enough that they'll need a vigilante who works fully outside the law, dishing out brutal ass-beatings to virtually any criminal he comes across.

Yeah, it's a dumb trope, but they're sticking to it.

11. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

It feels like they haven't quite admitted that to themselves yet though.

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    You think so? I feel they're pretty on the nose about it. There was a scene in one of the recent episodes where Gordon is talking to bald-guy-captain about beating suspects and living in a black and white world and Gordon is like, "This is Gotham, sir. I've learned that there are shades of gray."

Or something like that. Can't remember. I was grading undergrad lab reports at the time, so my brain was all full of fuck.

13. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I remember that now. I guess that was the first time he admitted it, oh well. I did get a kick out of Nigma going into the woods to bury his girlfriends body only to have second one pop up on him.

14. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

That's true. I had forgotten about that. I guess it'll be a while before we see something that resembles the comic Gordon, if we ever do.

15. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Interesting episode with the whole scene with Matches.

Didnt see him living on the streets bit coming, was half expecting the letter to say he was going to Tibet.

16. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Gotham was renewed for season 3.

My fingers are crossed that eventually we will get this show turning into following Bruce more.

The villains and Gordon are slowing being played out. There is only so much they can do.

17. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I can't help but feel that this show is getting weaker by the episode. Young Bruce pisses me off a lot, and Gordon seems like he's lost his mojo.

18. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Wut? Young Bruce is the best part of the show.

19. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I find Gotham fascinating. Tonally it's all over the place - serious episodes dealing with political and police corruption, gang wars and shady business dealings, then other episodes revelling in Gothic melodrama, then other episodes which are basically Adam West Batman with teeth. In any other show it just wouldn't work, but Gotham just about manages to pull it off, weirdly encapsulating decades of different takes on Batman rather than trying to stick to a specific interpretation. It's cheesy nonsense for the most part, but it's still fascinating.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Finally caught up with new episodes. BD Wong's incarnation of Hugo Strange is absolutely brilliant.