1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Shiny Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Vira, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I was chaining unintentionally, just looking for a trapinch with a decent nature for my regular playthrough.

3rd search nets me a shiny trapinch with a jolly nature. My favorite pokemon.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I caught a shiny gameshark once.

3. pidl

pidl Groundskeeper

All hail the Shiny Beldum you get as a mystery gift.:p

4. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

I accidentally killed a shiny Shuppet while EV training a few hours ago because I forgot to check before I ordered Sharpedo to kill everything. He has since been punished.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So I was browsing tumblr in my dragon site tag and saw someone selling shiny Pokemon for cheap dragon site currency. I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

The Swinub I got is 100% hacked, but I regret nothing.

SHINY MAMOSWINE BITCHES.

6. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

I have to say, Swinub's bluish ice shiny colour is much better - but that's just me. :colbert:

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd forgotten about this thread, shiny swinub ftw.

Omeda ruby has been ridiculously kind to me as far as shinies are concerned which is nice because I caught my first shiny on my very dirt laythroufh of the original ruby, a gold poochyena... right at the start of the game.

My first two I got via wonder trade which is a little shit but w/e. Shiny clawitzer with that wonderful iron man red. Level 100 holding a master ba- wait this one might be hacked. Eh, don't care.

Second is a legit shiny cubone in that moldy green colour that suits his creepy story so well.

Now for the catches. Luckily both happened when I was grinding my catchlade as I historically nuke shinies with 100% effectiveness. First I run into a standard horde of annoying shitmon and go to run before I notice something. The one on the far right is a badass looking neon fucking green oddish. Ballads psycho cuts them down one by one so I can target the little bastard and a false swipe later my premier ball is jailing him. Now I own a pretty in pink bellossom I use exclusively in contests.

Without a doubt though the coolest is the one I found in New Mauville.

Voltorb. Great ball. I'm singin' the happy blues.

8. MoltenCheese

MoltenCheese Seventh Year

The only shiny I've encountered was a shiny Abra, and it teleported before I even realized what was happening :cry:

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Everyone is standing over with a dozen shinies each, and I'm standing over here having never even seen a shiny that I can recall.

It's not even like I haven't played that many pokemon games.

10. Bey Penguen

Bey Penguen Squib

The only shiny I remember encountering was a shiny weedle in FR. I managed to land a critical hit and one-hit KO it.

11. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Think it was Sapphire, I got a Shiny Spina. Had no Pokeballs though so just one shot it with Combusken and mourned quietly for ten minutes.

12. ahiorth

ahiorth Squib

High Score:
    how do you even get a shiny I've only ever had a shiny Ralts which I evolved into Gardivoir.

13. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I got three in my old Fire Red, a badass blue Nidoking, a green Golbat that I could never muster up willingness to evolve and an Absol from my Ruby that I transferred to the Fire Red save.

14. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Third Year

I got immensly lucky yesterday when I was catching Lugia. The first capture had an Adamant nature so I did a reset and suddenly got a shiny one with a neutral nature.

It's the second shiny I caught, first one was a -atk Lairon in pokemon X some time ago.

15. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Third Year

Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets.

So, I'm flying around Hoen fighting trainers to level up my pokemon so i can get them to lvl 100 (gotta get that Zekrom).
    Enter route 109, surfing back to the coast after fighting the elite trainer and hear the Clauncher sound. I think, ah what the hell, don't have one here yet so I'll go catch it.

Fucking Shiny, again. Within two and a half weeks of eachother? I should do something with this luck.