1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Kurufinwe, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I hate IT, and the fact that you like it make me hate you too;(
    It's so broken with all this bugs for example that pre loading trick that you shot instantly with the best acuraccy :(

2. Dye

Dye Second Year DLP Supporter

The update that came along with the revolver has broken other things. The CZ now costs only $300 even though the buy screen says it costs $500 and as long as you have over $850 the game will let you buy the revolver, but you actually only have to pay $700. There's other things too.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  3. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Well they did nerf it into oblivion so thats a positive thing.

Worst part of the update isn't the R8 ofcourse, its how they've chosen to nerf AK and pistols.

4. Qweqwe123

Qweqwe123 Fourth Year

Less accurate while moving is fine for the pistols but the riffles did NOT need a change in spray pattern (RNG) seeing as CS: whatever version it is tried to eliminate the randomness of the game so that it accutually took skill to be god at the game.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  5. Ankan

Ankan Professor

So it seems as if they are finally doing something about the ranks. Great.

Source; https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe...nybody_noticed_the_change_in_the_rank_system/

6. Syren

Syren Squib

The ranks have evened out quite nicely. I went from global to supreme, but I didn't think I belonged in global anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

7. dawsy

dawsy Squib

Yeah I've gone from le to double ak and definitely didn't belong in le compared to how the ranks were when i started out.

8. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Have they actually levelled out or are the hackers back to inflate the ranks again?

9. Celis

Celis Muggle

Hope it's fixed, but there will always be cheaters taking messing it up for everyone.

10. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Levelled it out. More than half GE have deranked and the ranks go from a bellcurve at mge/dmg to a bellcurve at nova 4.

11. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

New update, new Operation Wildfire, and new Nuke out. Really liking the changes they've made (especially being able to wrap around to heaven directly from silo), but I'll have to play a few matches to get the hang of everything.

12. Qweqwe123

Qweqwe123 Fourth Year

Broken Everyone's that has a AMD card in they PCs. They are looking at it right now.

13. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

Anyone watching the MLG Major? Liquid just beat Fnatic to make it to the quarterfinals.

14. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Watching it.

Although Olof was bottomfragging quite hard that game (most likely due to his wrist injury). It was a great performance from the guys in Liquid.

15. Dante

Dante Slug Club Member

Could someone explain how the CS: GO pro scene works? How similar is it to the League of Legends system? Also, any useful links about game strategy on the professional level would be very welcome.

16. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Well it's quite different from the League system. I don't have to much knowledge on how League system works since I've barely played the game. From what I do know is that there are no equivalent to riot controlled leagues.

All tournaments are third party leagues and three per year are majors which means that Valve sponsors them (plus ingame drops, stickers, pick'em challenge etc).

The pro scene is much more open than in League. CSGO is free for organisers to make tournaments and players can play in all sorts of leagues.

Some noteworthy organisations is: FaceIt, ESEA, CEVO, Fragbit, Dreamhack etc.

Many of the top 10 teams are currently quite volatile resulting in their rankings not being to unreliable. The top 4 is clear cut but the rest isn't a 100%.

There is no ceiling on how big the skill gap can be so you can never stop learn new things, a great way is following the pro scene since you can experience things firsthand. Interested in knowing more about the strategic parts and the pro scene there are lots of famous analysts out there:

Thorin, R Lewis, Fifflaren, Moses, sadokist, HenryG, metuz, Ynk, Machine, semmler, Anders, DDK, Black DDK Aka JZFB. Some might not have that many guides directly but there should be lots of content from previous tournaments.

There was a major just 2 weeks ago (next one is cologne in a few months).
    Currently we are in the middle of another big tournament Dreamhack masters Malmö 2016.

It has been lots and lots of upsets. 2 of the top 4 teams have already gone out and Fnatic never attended due to hand injury on their star player. The last group stage bo3 is currently playing out and we will have the quarterfinals tommorow.

17. Dante

Dante Slug Club Member

Thanks a lot, Ankan :)

18. ApicNexie

ApicNexie Squib

High Score:
    Well this thread is dead and sorry for bringing it back up, but is here seriously noone else playing the game I waste most of my time on? On good days I can't imagine a better game than CS, although on bad days I'm sometimes close to uninstalling.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I go through phases with games. Currently out of my CSGO phase, but when I was in it last time I was LEM.

20. ApicNexie

ApicNexie Squib

High Score:
    May I ask how many hours you have?
    I have way to many (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ApicNexie/), but hey at least I'm Global and Esea Rank A, although I think that I could push at least G if I really tried hard. As I said the game at its best is unbeatable, but it rarely comes trough especially for new players. How is your matchmaking experience? I guess Australia doesn't have the problem with language-barrier like we in EU.