1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

So I don't know Jan, or anyone for that matter. Could you explain what should be common knowledge to me? I'm assuming you guys play a lot of games together?

2. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Right now? The games feels like anything else to me. There isn't anything special about it right now besides (removed). As for playing, I am unsure right now I really only specated one all the way, the others I fell behind and didn't have time to really read it proper due to life reasons.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Any reads?

4. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Nothing strong at the moment.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hmm .. 3 things to say.

A. Delphine slight scum lean. I don't think town!delphine would mind the game being mostly fluffbases in the first hours, at a point where not even everyone has checked into the game.
    Her trying to push the game is her being self conscious and trying to look good.
    (mostly a gutread so far, but i think as town she would be fine with keeping the fluff around for a bit longer)

B. dLGN - only rebels have pockets (or rather neither stormtroopers nor lord vader have), this means your attempt to pocket me is coming from a rebel perspective.
    Also I have no idea where that read is coming from, because i have done nothing to show my colours, or non colours since the imperium dresses in black and white.

C. Newcomb is Serialkiller, but I like him and hope he will just shoot scum tonight.

Moving on .. next up my search for star wars themed cats.

---------- Post automerged at 02:04 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Why didnt i know of this 1-2 weeks ago..
    [​IMG]

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Rubicon- you're already asking others for reads this early in the game, when you haven't given anything up yourself. Slightly scummy feeling, just looking active but staying in the background that way.

7. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

So you saw it too. That is good to know.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I believe The Storm! is town, but that Proph read him town too easily.

Also, Von is mafia and this wagon will probably kill him. So sad.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Same w/r/t Proph.

I'd like to see you try and kill me.

10. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I'd love to! I'd gladly explain but since you asked for an adventure I'll take you on one to a strange, interesting place called dailymafia.

(30 mins later..) Or, I was going to but my internet won't let me review twitch VODs for more than 10 seconds without buffering. But I don't think it would be difficult to find examples of him doing the following in action:

In short I found it ridiculously easy to read his posts in the happy town Jan voice vs my conception of his mafia demeanor, particularly from where he opens up with a somewhat rhetorical question:

"If I claim Jar Jar Bings is that good or bad" (even more specifically, the "goooooood or baaaaaddddddddd" part of this question I read with a lot of his drawn out silly emphasis)

Also there's a certain difference in the non-committal statements he makes as town and mafia ("I do like that newcomb is already on his memegame, but that doesn't mean a lot.") though I don't want to read too much into this aspect.

That said, I think as town he throws possibilities out there almost more for other people to consider i.e. "it could mean x or y, but then again z" while as mafia he puts more emphasis on how unsure he is (it could be x but I don't read him well, or it could be y, but I was wrong last time").

I think he's more willing to take a stance early as town, and while it's light, he did venture a guess as to what Delphine may be reading from the early game, and I liked it.

11. fontisian

Vote Prophylaxis

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

huh I think I'll just /barn that.

[​IMG]

sup fonti?

That offer to take me on as a protégé still good?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I never lie in mafia. Even as scum, all of my townreads are honest.

Why?

Why pose this question to dLGN, but not Proph, when they both did the same thing?

Incidentally, I also think Jan is town. I can sense it in my soul.

fake edit: I am going to post this before I read dLGN's mini-wall. Whee.

---------- Post automerged at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Oh, come on. Commit to killing me.

---------- Post automerged at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Hey Rubicon, how've you been?

14. Newcomb

Because I grasped the essence of what Proph was reading Storm town for, although he did see the 3D picture too early, like fonti said. Whereas I looked at the two posts Jan had at the time dLGN made his read and couldn't see anything.

Which is why I asked, by the way, not why he was reading Jan town, but why he said it in that particular way.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ah, cool.

I want Proph to actually put the townreads into words and then you can compare and it'll be fun.

16. fontisian

Sorry, I'm allergic to pockets.

17. Newcomb

[​IMG]

18. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Newcomb when will you start playing and be doing less gifs? As amusing as they are to me I would like to see you be more focused on the game at hand.

19. Newcomb

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

We get it, you're town.

20. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

That... is not what I was going for at all. I want you to focus more on the game. I see more GIFs from you then content and it is not rubbing well with me.