1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Actually a capitalized thing isn't really a Thing. :p

Also, I decline to explain my townread on fonti.

It's based solely on how she's interacted with me, and telling the thread tells her, which makes it subject to manipulation.

I will explain it if it vanishes based on her behavior, or if it doesn't and she gets run up.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The Thing is the thingy thing I thought was weird and grilled him about for a couple pages.

---------- Post automerged at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Hm.

Unvote
    Vote: Rubicon

Maybe if you use a lot of words to convey what you're feeling, I can get a read on you!

I'll go back to being the fifth vote for Proph, if someone else votes for him.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I felt like saying it is towny for reasons would be a bad/empty explanation.
    Explaining it is towny in contrast to what i think her scumplay is/would be makes it easier for other people to understand.

I do not read that reaction as emotional, quite the opposite. The way she brushes the accusation off reads more cold/proffesional.
    What i meant to say is that her reactions when pushed on(in the quicktopic and our skype), when we were lovers together were quite emotional and self-concious already and i believe they would be even more so if she was scum.
    Her attitude there is the opposite and reads town for it.

And towards the third point you mentioned. I would make the same play as either alignment. It is either towny (yay reads) or nothing (that everyone should have anyway). In this case giving those reads ahead of the newcomb/fonti thing was part of proving my point, not sure if that came across the right way.

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    ahhhh!! ok, thanks

jan
    delphine
    snowvon

all town for me

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Proph

Let's start with this post:
    Now, there are two things of interest: the townread on Storm and the question to Newcomb.

The townread on Storm is presumably made because of Storm's previous post:
    I think Proph was assuming that this interest was indicative of town mindset from Storm, but the assumption is premature, as Proph himself know if his next question is anything to go by:
    I'd also argue that Storm is not town for his interest here, as he later said he was doing it for setups reasons, which comes from both alignments. It's his later reactions, especially post 47, that are so town.

If not, then Proph's only reason for townreading Storm was this post:
    which he summarized as
    But Proph's interpretation cuts out the nuance of Storm's post, which is more of a joking interaction with Von than an expression of suspicion.

Second, the Newcomb question is in response to Newcomb jokingly calling Proph's first post (claiming he wants an easy town game) made up. Proph then took the joke overly seriously in an attempt to discredit Newcomb.

The attack was unwarranted and probably fake, but it's a one time thing, nothing to be concerned about. Oh wait:
    Here's the original post:
    The first is a real read, the second a combined prod to dLGN and joke, and the third a clear joke /based/ on the fact that third party hunting is considered scummy.

These three show a consistent mindset of taking away the context of posts in order to form reads. It's lazy, it's dishonest, and Proph needs to die for it.

6. Newcomb

Vote: Prophylaxis

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    hiya, fonti!

Independent of the above point (which seems to lead to Newcomb more likely town if Proph is mafia?), how have you read Newcomb thus far? Or the Newcomb/Snowvon interaction?

---------- Post automerged at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Also I find your points about the failure to read pretty obvious jokes (particularly so early in the game when they are commonplace) more convincing than the points on townreading storm before asking what he wanted from that reference point, etc.

I really like that read and find it to be pretty reliable. Proph and newcomb both solid votes right now imo.

---------- Post automerged at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

(Which is interesting considering Newcomb just voted Prophylaxis)

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote
    Vote: Prophylaxis

Five votes, just for you Proph!

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Yup. I might have picked it up from her or Snowvon, not sure. It just adds emphasis.

+1 to this.

vote: Prophylaxis

10. fontisian

I have zero problems with Newcomb and zero problems with the pressure on him.

---------- Post automerged at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Yes, follow me to victory.

11. Rubicon

I like this analysis of Delphine. I think, on the whole, that seriousface Delphine trying to form reads is more likely to be town Delphine.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

okay fine I guess Rubicon can be town

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I have a hard time believing she wouldn't be serious as mafia? Why drop character and all of a sudden find RVS fun or something?

I don't think that is solid reasoning.

But I really need to learn about her scumgame because i'm not sure what to expect.

---------- Post automerged at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Okay, then how about why do you think storm is town?

At this point I'm fine with voting Prophylaxis but would like to know a little more about how you're thinking about someone else before I vote with you and potentially end d1 super early.

14. fontisian

dLGN:
    "I am suspicious of literally everything."

15. Newcomb

Here's my best Proph impersonation:

[​IMG]

16. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Isn't it 9 people needed to vote on a person to end a day early? And we are only at 5?

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    hat's what snowvon said when he voted, idk the true count, but even if that's the case Rubicon voted afterward.

---------- Post automerged at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

that's* (no edit)

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Torn .. i do not like either Newcomb or Proph.

And Newcombs swing on Proph there is kinda .. useless?!
    No explanation, just following fonti right after her push.

I want to read him scummy for it because he is piggyback riding someone elses push, but I am unsure if he would do it in a w/w scenario, because as of right now he gains the least amount of cred (and bussing without getting cred is mostly bad play)

Fine with a proph lynch instead of newcomb right now, but there is a lot of time left in the day, and we haven't even heard from the dropbear (koalas) at all and neither kai nor rubicon have taken that much of a stance on the game.

19. Rubicon

^ scum

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hi rubicon, fancy playing?

Or are dank one-liners and irrelevant asides your weapons of choice for this game?

?