1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't follow.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

You do realize that this exact same sentiment could easily be flipped around and applied to you, yes?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

LochNess: Rubicon was technically already voting Proph, he just forgot to color it.

---------- Post automerged at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Scum!Rubicon would try harder.

y/n?

---------- Post automerged at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

oh, jk, that was to dLGN, not Lochness

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I mean, I think Jan is scum, so.

Five votes are useful because then I can do legit (small-game) wagon analysis, which should bear fruit later in the game.
    Regardless if it was serious or not, I still think the tell is (mostly) accurate.

I thought it was serious when he posted it and his follow up comment I feel confirms it.

Even though this reads as weird at first I think that the mindset behind it is genuine - my gut also thinks that Newcomb wouldn't post this as scum.

Reading Newcomb as townie here.

---

I cut out the nuance of Storm's post because the joking interaction with Snowvon was not why I was townreading Storm. The reason why I was townreading Storm was because the "promise not to lie to me" part I thought was town paranoia. I don't understand why cutting that part out makes you think I'm scum.

I saw something townie from Storm, and I quoted only the part that made me townread him. How is that any way scum behavior?
    I thought the "joke" you claim was serious.

I saw Newcomb "scumread" me by posting the gif and I wanted to know if he thought if it was fake, then why he wasn't voting me for it.

So you're basically scumreading me based on me taking jokes seriously?

I'm unused to where the RVS stage takes place for far too long - where I come from, people try to end it as soon as they see a scummy reaction. This is what I did - I posted two "fluff/RVS" posts, and then immediately started taking the game seriously, generating reads based off of RVS responses and taking other people seriously.

When I saw Jan's post, I saw him RVSing dLGN, fluffpost a bit more, and then post his actual reads post, where he thought Delphine was "slightly scum", dLGN made a Star Wars flavored joke read, and him thinking Newcomb was the SK. I voted him based on him mentioning neutrals (which I don't know if that's a scumtell where he plays, but it is in mine) and for not voting who he thought was scum.

I think your points are absolutely terrible, and given that you've mention joking as part of your three reads makes me think that you're just voting me based on interpreting joking posts wrong, which is is no way indicative of scum behavior.

---

Newcomb, Snowvon, and Rubicon opportunistically barned font's terrible case. I still think the sentiment behind Newcomb's other posts rings genuine, which means that I'm looking at Snowvon and Rubicon.

Snowvon: Do you actually have any original thoughts on why you think I'm scum? The only reasoning you brought forth was that you agreed on me "townreading Storm too easily" and taking the SK comment seriously.

Unvote ; Vote: Rubicon

Hasn't contributed original thoughts and I don't see how his questions/poking of people leads to scum. He just shamelessly placed a vote on my wagon, barning a very bad case.

5. Newcomb

Snowvon

Help me out with something.

I think I understand the mindset here. You voted because you didn't have a good read on him and wanted to see what happened, and then moved off once he continued to not try, which you read as towny from him.

But... he was not trying already? Like, when you voted for him he was being cagey and reactive and not explaining things. So if you wanted to figure him out, how does him continuing to do that make him town? In other words he didn't change his behavior, but you changed your read. Or at least your read seemed to develop from none to town. Or something.

Help me out here.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

dLGN: How experienced are you? Can you give me a link to a town/scum game?

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Did you actually read the case? y/n

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I only cut out the context of the posts I respond to because... I pick and choose what to reply to.

How does that any way indicate a scum mindset?

9. fontisian

When the context that you're cutting out changes the meaning of your post and contradicts your reasoning, it matters.

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

n.

You know, we established last game that my play is occasionally hypocritical.

Hi Proph!

Would you agree that five vote wagons are precisely 25% more informative than four vote wagons?

11. fontisian

Do I need to point out how Proph tried to respond to my case without reading it or is it obvious enough on its own?

12. Newcomb

I'm all about that Proph/Jan/Rubicon team.

Which, again, is objectively crazy given that like 50% of the playerlist hasn't really provided content, and one player hasn't posted anything.

Where do these convictions I have even come from?

Someone please hit me over the head with a hammer. Or at least tackle me or something.

The temptation to go full-on #nobrakes and tunnel a bitch is pretty damn strong right now.

Why did I have to commit to being all reasonable this game, that was a dumb idea, I don't even

---------- Post automerged at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

It's like there's blood in the water and I'm a shark and I'm telling myself not to be a shark but deep down I'm know I'm just a single minded tunneling shark :(

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

font: Tell me how.

I've already detailed how I've townread Storm. Even though you think it's more of a joking interpretation, the part that I townread him for still rings true.

For the Newcomb question, I thought the gif was serious and I wanted to know why he wasn't voting me for that. I wasn't discrediting Newcomb at all.

I talked about the Jan scumread already.

And I've read through your case at least three times, if not more. I just don't understand how you're coming to the conclusions you're coming to.

I think they're probably 50% more informative, since four man wagons are a bit unreliable in terms of catching scum. L-2/claim range is really when the scum start showing up.

What purpose does this question serve?

14. KaiDASH

5 / 4 = 1.25

nobody understands me

15. fontisian

The point is that if you take the initial joking tone into account, the mindset you claimed to have townread him for /isn't there/.

True or false: You question to Newcomb was a minor attack.
    True or false: Newcomb's previous thing could have only been interpreted as anything more than banter by someone already self-conscious about people scumreading him.

True or false: Your main case of this game involved overly interpreting an obvious joke.
    True or false: Bringing up third parties isn't scummy. In reality /third party hunting/ is scummy.

True or false: Instead of attacking me for a "terrible case" (something you believe I shouldn't be making" you went after the weaker barners of the case.

---------- Post automerged at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Nobody knows the trouble you've seen.

Nobody knows your sorrow.

16. KaiDASH

This is the part where we wink at each other, right?

17. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

I would like to hear more from Rubicon. I take it that he is more active as town?

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Though I don't normally care about aligned pairs in the slightest before late game/we get a scum flip, I'm getting so spewed town that I feel the need to share my feeling that if von is scum, it's likely with Rubicon. I will explain better later if I can find the words. They do play together a decent amt and how von talks to him = my least favorite von posts! esp in the context of Rubicon's Thing!

Was there anything else in his posts that sticks out to you?

oh my god. I actually can't keep a "seriousface" reading this thread whatsoever anymore. This game is amazing. More seriously though, I don't know why you think I've ever not been srs bsns in mafia or why you would think that's the most alignment indicative thing I've done?

-

So LochNess, how's that wagon analysis coming?

How well do you think you understand Newcomb, Jan?

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

To clarify, the waffling in Jan's post is something straight out of last game.

Kai jumping me for that post is terrible and he should be familiar enough with me to know why.

Some of these statements are accurate.

---------- Post automerged at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

So there was this one time I replaced into one of your town games on MS as an alt after you died.

The main thing I remember from your posts is that you started kind of serious and, most importantly, tried to move out of RVS and start doing Analysis(TM) right away.

20. Newcomb

See, fonti, I'm with you on the first thing. I think the too-easy townread of Storm plus the way he defended it by taking Storm's post out of context is what makes Proph mafia. That, and I don't believe that he literally doesn't understand the case on him if he's town.

However, the thing is, that .gif to Proph where I was like "sometimes I feel like you're making shit up" was a shot in the dark, but it was still a shot. It was 100% gut/feel but it was still like a, "hm maybe if Proph is scum he'll overreact to this." Which, I don't think he did, tbh. It's a reasonable world where town!Proph saw that as an attack.

And in the interest of being reasonable...

Prophylaxis (6): Delphine, fontisian, Newcomb, Snowvon, Rubicon
    Newcomb (2): Jan, LochNess
    Rubicon (2): KaiDASH, Prophylaxis
    Snowvon (1): The Storm

Abstaining: dLGN, Koalas

Does that reeeeeeeally look like a hit?

Maybe? Kinda? My point is he doesn't really have a counterwagon. If Proph's a hit, scum has daychat, and they're in there saying, "welp, Proph' a lost cause." Ehhhhhh. I don't know that I buy that.

But like - Jan/Proph/Rubicon *makes sense* based on that wagon? I buy Proph distancing from Rubicon with that vote, and I buy Jan going "hm Proph Newcomb both scummy, I'd vote Proph probably, but let's see what happens."

I think I still want to lynch Proph. If Proph is mafia, then Delphine is like 1002949282% town, and fonti is like 95% town. If Proph is town, uh. Huh. If Proph is town he's got a point about the people on his wagon. Snowvon/Rubicon would be where I'd look, and if Proph is town then just based on gameflow I'm horribly wrong on one of my townreads. Maybe... maybe Delphine? She's leading the wagon but she's not really leading the wagon like fonti is? That's another shot in the dark.

Hrm.

I think Proph is >rand mafia. But if everyone could just imagine the world where he's town, then what's happening with this game? Who's just letting it happen? Who's town independent of Proph's alignment?