1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Funny you should ask!

http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/cathunt-1-day-2.11399/

I'm Vaimes. Not a very exciting game, only eight players, we won by Day 2. I mostly lurked while two really towny people tunneled each other to death. fontisian literally didn't exist for an entire Day phase and left me to hammer someone once they got run up..

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Hm, this might work:

[​IMG]

3. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I'm truly curious. I think? (or hope) it wasn't a serious request, but it's still like 1,000 flavours of scummy.

---------- Post automerged at 04:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 ----------

That's... not as exciting as I had hoped, lol.

4. Newcomb

God.

That game is actually why I'm trying to hold myself back with #nobrakes tunneling this game.

You should see my PM conversation with Eido, it's hilarious.

<paraphrased>

Me: There has to be one between Mal and dC. Mal is super obvious mafia I think.

Eido: Mal is town.

Me: FUCK. Okay dC is mafia.

Eido: dC is town.

Me: DOUBLE FUCK. Okay Vaimes is now super obvious mafia. Or it's Ixta/Pyre. LOL it would be hilarious if it was EricF/fonti. Actually I think Eric probably has to be scum, so I can rule out fonti/Vaimes and Ixta/Pyre.

Eido: Eric is town!

Me: I quit mafia.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Blame yourself for having expectations.

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    "I am sure that Vaimes is just sitting there spamming refresh for half an hour, just to be the purrrst to post.
    Day1 Lynch Vaimes
    fonti is a witch, you are her familiar, we are searching for the witch-cat!"

what a god, that Jan...

---------- Post automerged at 04:27 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

And Newcomb if I'm getting you correctly, my bad? Or something...

---------- Post automerged at 04:29 ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 ----------

Also lol@fonti for opening with a vote on you. Maybe I should pay more attention to certain people doing that...

7. Newcomb

Eh, I dunno. I think the thrust was supposed to be something like, "that's a kind of hilariously straightforward question to ask."

I do enjoy being widely townread, though, as both alignments. As scum, well, because duh. As town, because sometimes to make the towncircle, you have to be the towncircle. It's very Zen.

8. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah, but when you ask to get in someone else's you're implying they are town with an uncomfortable level of certainty. I see newer players do it genuinely/jokingly without knowing better but generally I scumread people for asking that.

Anyway, off for the night. Sleep better you two.

9. Delphine

Delphine First Year

can say that the spew comment was mostly alluding to the fact that I'm just really happy to finally get townread by the people that know me here. And sorta making fun of myself for how much that's interfering with me like processing the game how I normally do, imo. I met fontisian/Rubicon/Snowvon/Citrus because I was checking in on the IRC network I used to play at frequently. I knew the bot/setup info type stuff, as well as how to be generally successful in that format, so much better than they did that I think they got the impression that I'm super good at playing scum. So when I play with them now I'll have reads that end up being great and think I'm being super genuine and still be in the fuckin PoE pool bc they havent really seen me be forum scum! So now I feel the love and it's great?? Except that I'm so cracked up at that and Newcomb's last few posts that I think it'll take me a little longer to evaluate the game as objectively as I probably should be.

Kalas is both the person that I was surprised to get the read from and the person that I think is least likely scum for it. I think that a case could be made easily enough for me seeming different from my last game with him (in which I was town) if he was trying to stretch for mislynches, and when I've seen the dude play scum he focuses more on scumreads than townreads. I feel like Jan's stance on me is pretty null for him. Newcomb's treatment of me is, uh, interesting and hard for me to evaluate til he's less tight-lipped about fonti.

Er, to be honest, I do have a more recent scumgame than that. However, I so badly do not want to reminisce on the circumstances of me replacing out of the game (nor are they really relevant) that I just screenshotted all of my game relevant posts to imgur. http://imgur.com/a/RiS0x. It was somewhere between a turbo and this game in terms of srsness, and I was scum with Sloth and left the game on D1. And I suppose I should link a towngame then too- http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=58162. Though I encourage you to try to read me more based on here than anything else, I just think it's only fair because I know where all your completed games are and you seem to be trying to learn to apply meta.

Really surprised that I'm like the only one trying to pressure Loch by the way. Plz keep it if I die ok?

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

keep it up*

Good night all

---------- Post automerged at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

keep it up for me*

lmao

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

I guess to add on that Kalas read, I basically didn't interact with him at all during our one game together, so I don't feel like as scum he would feel like he has to townread me. The manner in which he gave his read on me and Jan in this game seems really genuine as well.

The rest of you though aren't pocketing me though sry

10. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Well the game seemed to have slowed a bit. I also don't have work till afternoon so I am gonna read up some more and see if I can get some coherent reads out.

11. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Same as Storm, just woke up and reading through it all now

12. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Nice! Would you like to compare note when you're caught up? I think I have an idea of my reads right now but I need to see if I'm just crazy.

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Von: Scum with Proph.

14. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

So I just tried to work out my read lists and it looks worse than I thought. This is going to be problematic. I will see if i can get it sorted somehow

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Delphine
    dLGN

The Storm
    LochNess

Snowvon

Fontisian

Koalas
    KaiDASH

Rubicon
    Newcomb

Prophylaxis

LochNess up there mostly because she disliked Newcomb around the same time I did, for different reasons, but her reasoning was understandable.

Von slight town because of the 4 am interactions, which read well and town!von-esque.

Fonti hasn't done much to read her either way, her tunnel on proph makes her really town if he flips scum, because that would not be her person to bus into extinction if they roll scum together. (slight town mostly because i think proph is scum)

Koalas and Kai are right in the Nullzone, for now.

Rubicon reads closer to his Narutomafia game than his Hannibalmafia one.

Newcomb - dont like the mafia are leaving proph out alone to die comment. In a day this long that is unlikely to happen, esp with someone who is known as a good player. That comment is completly useless and fake in my opinion.

Proph - has not done anything to read him town.
    His stance on scumreading me without trying to further pressure me after his initial attempt, or trying to get anything further out of the game reads bad.

Just a few lines, might go "in too deep" (yes that is me telling you to listen to sum41) if you have questions. afk for a little while.

---------- Post automerged at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Hmm The Storm & LochNess ..

Any updates on your reread so far?
    I was interested in seeing you guys talk about the game state, and then you both vanished.

16. LochNess

Okay, so unlike the rest of you, I find day one to be very hard to get proper reads from people and always am able to get way more into doing reads after night one, and something has happened. I guess you could say I am more of a math minded person where I like numbers and analyzing like that.

I guess I really dislike the amount of meta reads there are. I know people have experience playing with each other, but reading, "well he/she played like this when they were town" kind of bugs me because really on the first day where people are entering with a fresh start, you would think that a person who has played before would be able to mimic their town behaviour for at least the one day.

But for now my analysis of players includes

LochNess- TOWN!

Storm - I like that Storm seems to agree with me on things- even when I am not most peoples "confirmed or strong" town read. Similar mindset of course makes me feel town, but need more to feel more strongly about him being town.

Delphine- So far seems very towny- there is a lot of meta talk right now about her which I can't really know for myself, but seems to be protown.

I have a question for Jan- you said you played lovers with Delphine before, and that in her quicktopic and skype you shared she was emotional, unlike right now. That was your quick topic and skype though so private for you two. In the actual game did she say the same emotional lines as in her quicktopic/ skype?

Fontisian- If Prophylaxis is lynched and flips scum, of course it looks like fontisian will be town. But I am wary as she has built a case on someone who had very early votes on page one of the game. I feel it is easy for a bandwagon to be built up on someone who already has votes (even random ones like these) than starting fresh. But obviously if he is lynched and flips town, she has put herself in a bad position, and she knows that. So I'm leaning town for now.

Prophylaxis- Could be scum but I feel like it is an easy lynch since he had random votes from the start. I think it is most likely a misguided lynch attempt by towns with mafia supporting it.

Jan- want to find out about that game I mentioned above, because if Delphine was playing differently than in the QT, I am very suspicious. Links to game would be great. This post just sticks out to me.

Snowvon- I need to do a more in depth read in a bit but leaning scum more than town at the moment.

Rubicon still seems like potential scum. Need to see more posts from him.

dLGN- Talking about ending the day super early if you vote. I still don't see how that would happen because even if you thought there were 6 people voting, that would be 7, and would still need two votes. I don't think town would go and try and end it super early (multiple real days) as there is a lot of discussion going on. If mafia were to jump on that to give two more votes just to end it early, they would know they are putting themselves under serious suspicion. I feel dLGN could be mafia and trying to keep hands clean.

No read currently on KaiDash

Newcomb- I voted for him. Currently feel comfortable leaving my vote there.

Koalas- Haven't done a read yet

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/lovers-hunt-game-over.11281/
    The game only lasted a single day, because the mod decided to end it early.
    There should be links to the qts and all that somewhere near the end when the mod reveals the game.

The point was that she was kinda worried we are scumread and might die for it, which would be bad for town. That came across as emotional in our conversations. (I told her several times that we are fine, and i feel better in a spot where i am not townread by everyone, compared to being conf!town)
    I concluded for myself that she would be even more self-conscious as scum, and her reaction to my accusation early on was everything but that.

I might actually write an essay about that at a later point, since noone actually understands what i am trying to say (or so it seems).

18. LochNess

I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is wouldn't her emotional reactions be kept in her QT again, using it as a way to recollect herself and prepare for non defensive post on the forum?

19. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

The Storm

LochNess
    Delphine
    Newcomb

dLGN
    Rubicon
    Snowvon

Koalas
    KaiDASH

Fontisian
    Prophylaxis

This is kinda how I feel? One of my friends just had a RL issue come up so my mind is kinda absent and I am helping them through it so my thoughts are in a jumble. If someone would like clarification I can try but this was very off the top of my head right now.

If anyone is wondering about the font/proph both being red. Its that i read them both scummy independently based on what people have been saying.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Possible, but i put her closer to von in her playstyle. (In part because i only know her scumgame in videomafia)
    I think both of them are faster to panic when pressured as scum, and start flailing/look for excuses rather fast. Her reaction was very stirn/unwavering, which read towny.

The emotions in itself are not the important part, but the reactions to said emotions. Words are hard, sometimes. I hope this made it clearer, if not then i might actually write a few pages about it.

---------- Post automerged at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

I will not get mad at you for trying to read me, i promise!
    Just take a random color of the rainbow and spray it all over me. Not reading me makes me feel left out in the cold where everything is only black and white. :(