1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Haha please don't spend the time or energy to write multiple pages- you've explained your point of view clearly enough and I think I would just be dragging out one post that I noticed way too much.

2. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Sorry Jan i just copied the colored list and moved the names to where I feel like they are. I would put you on the green.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Greetings, humans.

I'm in kind of an interesting spot, where Proph is all but outed mafia and the game feels like it's kind of on hold until we get his flip and a NK.

I'd actually be fine just turbo voting him and ending the Day. I mean I know that's not "optimal play" or whatever, but I personally don't feel like I'm going to learn much more about the gamestate until I get a flip.

I mean, maybe there is? fonti, kind of interested in your Snowvon read. The main reason I'm townreading him is basically, "he knew he could get townread for being fluffy and happy up front, and didn't." Kind of an inverted version of Delphine's "saw she was doing something scummy and did it anyway," in that he didn't take the easy path?

OTOH if he actually did roll mafia for the 3rd time in a row, I could see him just getting super depressed and lurky.

Uh, still preeeeeetty sure LochNess is town? That reads post had some things that seemed like they were definitely coming from a town mindset. The "push" on me is giving me flashbacks to Hannibal Mafia and ScottPress with that mix of genuine unsure-ness and stubbornness.

Let's see, KaiDASH is a mystery. I think Koalas is town but it was off like one thing. If he is town I'll pat myself on the back though because it was a very strong feeling from that one thing. Hope I'm right, there.

__

Anyone have, like, specific questions or things they want to bring up? I can engage with people but I'm committed enough to my Proph read to just kind of float until then, in terms of being a self-starter and keeping things moving.

---------- Post automerged at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

^

TL;DR, if you're going to rely on me to keep the game going toDay, ooops no.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

@Storm- I am surprised to see that Rubicon is above Snowvon on your list based on what you've alluded to. What are you thinking about regarding them? I would also like to ask you to ask someone else a question.

Jan- did you not catch that I asked you about how well you feel like you understand Newcomb?

I guess I just want to note to anyone going to read the latter part of Lovers that I'm not proud of how I went about my interactions with Archon Shiva. So seeing people try to dissect how my personality interact with my playstyle based on that game ITT is kinda making me feel vulnerable, um. ._. Not that I disagree with Jan's assessment of me.

LochNess- Can you speak more to why fonti as scum would find it easier to focus on someone that had an early wagon on them? Also, do you have an opinion on what Newcomb said about you in #171?

---------- Post automerged at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

And/or in #223?

5. LochNess

Delphine- I think it is easier to focus on someone that already has multiple votes than one who didn't because scum would need to convince less people to vote for that person.

Fontisian was 4th right? So that means she would need to convince 3 people to vote for Prophylaxis instead of 6. So half the people. Or if you think of what's left.. 3/8 vs 6/11 is convincing 37.5% vs 54.6% of people left. It just seems easier.

But like I said, I realize it paints a target on her back, so unless she has some self protection ability or something, she would be wary to push this lynch if she is mafia.

Newcomb's response seems like what a town person or experienced mafia would say. Acting defensiely just puts a bigger target so people assume they are mafia, so either way I would expect a similar reaction. Downplaying my suspicions is probably the best way to get other people off of his case. His last post #223 makes me feel he is less scummy, but then I overthink everything and start reverse psychologying it all. Like I said, Day 1s for me are very hard; I like numbers which is what Day 1 lacks.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, but none of the votes on Proph prior to mine were real votes made with intent.

---------- Post automerged at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Newcomb: I'll get back to you in a bit on the Von thing for reasons.

7. LochNess

I agree that none were real, but I also feel that on the first day when people aren't really sure and can only read so much that they would be more reluctant to take their original vote away as a lot of people often don't have a better target, and they want to lynch someone, hoping that they hit mafia and can at least move forward.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

tentative V/LA until Wednesday

final exam + moving back home

9. fontisian

Also, I'm adding Lochness and Newcomb to the towncircle, Lochness for her willingness to go against the grain in scumreading dLGN, and Newcomb for the way he keeps falling into a tunneling mindset and then trying to shake himself out of it.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

^

Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf

11. LochNess

Or at least it's easy for scum to leave their vote there if the person is innocent because they already voted. My computer stinks so it takes me a while to go back and forth pages, but I'm pretty sure all the original voters who voted for Proph in a 'not real' way still have their vote on him.

12. fontisian

I disagree. I find that if a person is run up in rvs votes, they're much less likely to be lynched at the end of the Day, likely because once people take their votes away for whatever reason, they experience some form of confirmation bias and are reluctant to place them back.

And since Von's going to be v/la, I don't see a reason to wait on the logic connecting him and Proph. Give me a sec.

---------- Post automerged at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Likewise, scum (or at least, moderately experienced scum, which most people here qualify as) are actually more likely to move their votes around to whichever person they can best justify, excepting cases where a scum is being run up and they either have to counter wagon or bus.

13. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

The list and order placement has not real value. It's more based on colors. That being said I have work in an hour so I will be gone. I will be more then happy to oblige to it after I get home.

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm incapable of townreading Newcomb. I don't think he's done a single alignment-indicative thing so far, and to be frank he just unnerves me.
    KaiDASH, find scum and convince us to lynch them. Imagine me giving you a hard, scrutinizing stare right now.

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Np Storm.

I would like to say that I don't agree with this as a reason but that I tentatively like that post/some other things about her play. And that I hate that there's day chat because I live in constant paranoia about you coaching people to do things that you can add them to the town circle for.

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Like, it will be funny postgame how much of my QT is devoted to "i have this read" "BUT FONTI"

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

This.... this is my fetish.

[​IMG]

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Have reread the entire thread and some of my opinions have changed. Going to type up a lot of stuff but just wanted to check in.

Also top kek read goes to The Storm for having both fonti and proph as both scummy regardless of the explanation.

cliffs: fonti very town. newcomb very town. proph 70/30 scum/town, snowvon scummy. jan null/scummy (fml)? some thoughts on rubicon and interactions w/ him. lochness probably town?

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

A long, hard, thick stare.

You should, like, do stuff though.

19. fontisian

Reasons Von is independently scummy:
    1. A general prevalence of useless questions.
    2.Aggression that smells fake and is only directed at me:
    3. Von also only had one more post than me, and I feel like I'm on the very low end of my posting range, so.

Reasons to believe Proph and Von are both scum:
    1.I think at this stage in Von's mafia play, he'd be more likely to vote for a partner as scum in rvs than for a town, similarly to how I voted for him in our most recent scum game.
    2.Soft agreement with my slight scumread on Proph:
    Followed by a question about that same thing to Proph. Weird ordering.

I'd like to see you try and kill me.
    3.Setting up people to look bad if Proph ever flips scum:
    4. Again, agreeing with a point against Proph but not developing any logic from it:
    5. Soft defending Proph:
    6. Voting Rubicon instead:
    "But I'm totally for lynching Proph guys!"

7.Voting Proph when my case builds up momentum and then unvoting once the momentum stops, with no real reasons for either vote.

Yeah, I think that's it.

---------- Post automerged at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Trololol?

On a more serious note, town tells should always be examined to determine how real they are, and from what I remember of playing with Lochness, this seems very real.

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    stop it fonti you're stealing my thunder

---------- Post automerged at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

like what the fuck that's mostly what I've gathered from a reread LOL