1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I answered already?

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Lol ninjas

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Anyway. I'm trying to put into practice what I've learned about wagons.

Proph has been the leading wagon for pretty much the majority of the Day? So either he's town, or being bussed. But Proph is a pretty +player, so. I can't imagine scum would want to bus him, and would try harder to push on someone else? But literally no other wagon has sprung up in opposition. The second largest wagon was on me, and it was during RVS.

gonna look at the votes after fontisian's case, brb

3. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    yeah I waited ;)

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I scrolled between Delphine's question and dLGN's answer and was 100% convinced I didn't see you post at all in between

whoops

5. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Here we go XD

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You are the one guy pushing the easy game world. I am confused why noone is trying to really push a second wagon against him.
    Which scumteam would just sit idly by and neither go for the towncred for pushing him (you claim all people pushing on him are town), nor trying to get anything done to get someone else lynched.

The only way to do that is if they believe that town would get paranoid, but that is a long shot to bet your game on, and the game would be confirmed the moment proph flips scum.

On the other hand i will reread his iso next, because i don't actually remember anything towny he did.

Playing some dm, which slows me down, but i woke up 3 hours ago so i have a lot of time to work through stuff later today.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

That's some pretty chill wine you got going there.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

How come?

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Still true.

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

i dig the whiteknighting btw

11. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I'm curious what you're thinking rn Delphine. Content to let you do your thing, though.

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I mean, it's working. I'm getting paranoid.

*faint smile*

Now, what world would that be, exactly?

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Specifically re: Newcomb and his continued musings about mafia and how easy this game may or may not be. You hinted at thoughts about that earlier; I'm wondering if anything came of it.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

god, the more I think about mafia, the more I want to discard all of my reads and die

Hm.

Before the case: Prophylaxis (2): Delphine, fontisian

After the case: Prophylaxis (6): Delphine, fontisian, Snowvon, Newcomb, Rubicon, dLGN

Underlining myself for the sake of some mild objectivity. Regardless of Proph's alignment, I think it's likely there's scum in this group? Because sudden dogpile. Let's assume Proph flips scum here.

I'm town. Accept it. I think dLGN has been super +town. Narrowing it down beyond Rubicon and Newcomb is something I'll have to get back to once a flip happens, or I could just find the time to look through their posts again tonight (I'm failing my exam either way, whee), because I'm townreading them both. Whoops.

fontisian and dLGN are pretty tangled up in that they agree with each other a lot, so if fontisian is town, I want to say dLGN is also town. Plus dLGN has been ridiculously towny all on his lonesome, I have nightmares about him being super towny scum and maybe even cackling evilly with fontisian in scumchat, but whatever.

Both of them townreading Delphine makes me feel good about her, plus her tone radiates sincerity, and I like her questions/pressure.

I think, off the top of my head, Proph's alignment is only really tied to fontisian's from my POV. If he's scum, she becomes greener. If he's town, there is no ascension for her. But regardless of his alignment, his wagon probably isn't all town.

I can't remember why Storm was getting townread, but. Him sitting on his RVS vote of me for a while and then abstaining looks bad. Especially since the majority thinks Proph is scum. He also had that readslist he never elaborated on, but also has IRL issues so tabling for now.

Don't really like KaiDASH, but he and Proph are both sitting on Rubicon, not really driving it forward, so. Eh. Probably not scum together?

So like. If Proph is scum, lynch in [Storm/Newcomb/Rubicon] for glorious victory.

If Proph is town, scrutinize the shit out of fontisian. Still maybe look at Storm/Newcomb/Rubicon, and toss in Kai.

Haven't talked about LochNess or Koalas, but eh, I'm confusing myself enough at this point.

okay yeah I'm doing too much preflip analysis. Those are my thoughts, I will try to make them more relevant toMorrow once we have EVIDENCE because I'm probably not towny enough to be an eligible NK target. The perks of being mildly scummy (y)

also I typed all of this out almost completely disregarding my actual readslist since I probably townread people too easily and blah blah blah

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

:shrug:

I still think it's there.
    I questioned Newcomb because I was interested as to why he was afraid to vote me. Even if it was a minor attack, I didn't discredit him in any way.

This feels like I'm engaging in linguistical arguments more than playing actual mafia.
    I think bringing up neutrals is scummy.

It feels like you're attacking me because we disagree about the game rather than you actually attacking me for actually being scum.
    I'm still trying to figure out your alignment, and the people who barned your case are significantly more scummier than you (who actually made it).

As of right now?

Not much - like everyone else he's joining in the parade of calling out easy townreads, and scumreading Newcomb for.. a mindset disconnection which feels alright (in that I can personally see how he came to that conclusion) even though I disagree with it.

I do dislike how he calls me scum without reasoning or any attempt to discern my alignment, though!

Gut here actually makes me second guess myself and think Rubicon is town? I'm not sure if he would throw out such a lukewarm response to my vote on him if he was scum.

Unvote

Yep, I'm being hypocritical.

Feel free to keep scumreading me for it, then!

I am undecided on her currently since she always ends up scumreading me regardless of her alignment. My questions to her when I was defending myself were attempts to figure out her mindset and see if she actually believes what she's saying.

If you think I'm scum, then why aren't you voting me to get the wagon further along? Why do you have a useless vote on Newcomb?

Why do you think I'm scum?

Newcomb - you haven't attempted to interact with me at all, just voting me based off of fontisian's case and poking at me and calling me obvious scum. Heck, you even say that I'm pretty much just outed mafia and just want to end the Day early, without giving me any last words!

My question is, why do you think I'm outed scum? Outside of the initial RVS/first 100 posts, why have you referred to me in an "outside manner" (i.e. talking to other people ABOUT me rather than talking TO me)?

You think that there's less than a 5% chance that I flip town even though I've been mostly gone for most of the Day - once again, why? You honestly think that font's case is that strong?

Snowvon: You basically ignored my "wall" you said you would read and voted me. What do you think of it?

@Kalas: What information will my lynch provide, and how will you attempt to use it once I flip town?

Delphine, KaiDASH: You guys have been mostly ignoring my wagon. I know Delphine is on it, but that vote is an RVS vote and she has just left it on without justifying it. Kai has basically done nothing but fluffpost currently. Delphine, why are you scumreading me, and KaiDASH, what do you think of font's case + my wagon?

--

I am town vanilla and I will start rereading the game + generally be around until the Day ends. I need to do a reset since I think there's far too many townreads being casually thrown around and it seems like the entire game has converged upon me (agreeing with the flimsy case font has laid out on me).

16. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    This part doesn't seem logical. Why would it be more likely that both partners are on his wagon rn (if it's rubicon/newcomb/proph) over something like Jan or another person avoiding the wagon?

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Protip: Instead of assuming I'm scum (and trying to find my buddies), assume that I will flip town and base your judgements off of that.

That will be a lot more useful if I flip rather than chasing dead ends.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

One of Rubicon/Newcomb, not both. Proph would be one scum, one would be between Rubicon/Newcomb, and the last is Storm.

I'm assuming a three-man scumteam in that wall.

Proph: hold that thought.

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Prophylaxis,

If I'm reading your posts correctly, your reads are something like:

Town: Newcomb, The Storm
    Maybe Town: Rubicon (as of this page)
    Null: Everyone else
    Maybe scum: KaiDASH
    Scum: Jan

Is this accurate? The only reads you seem convicted about are Newcomb, Storm and Jan, and you're not voting Jan. Who do you think we should be lynching? Your defense : scumhunting ratio is kind of terrible.

You are very focused on the case fonti made against you but your reaction to the case is the real problem imo.

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I am trying to figure out my reads right now. I was basically absent for most of today and only had a short chance to post yesterday so I want to process the thread to get more info.

Part of the reason why I have no conviction on anybody is because I don't have a great grasp on this playerbase and have forgotten how capable some of you are as scum.