1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Hey guys, I have my final big exam today at four to six o clock so after that I will be around a lot more. Just a heads up

---------- Post automerged at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

But yes, one of the main reasons I didn't want to vote for Proph is that no one was suggesting anyone else or fighting against it at all. I understand scum wouldn't want to openly white knight him as then they are connected, but at least some other bandwagon would have been attempted. Everyone was voting for him and it seemed way to easy.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Which is a how other level of meta defense. Or the counter wagons are also scum. Or scum can't find a good case. I undestand the sentiment but sometimes a duck is a duck.

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

@Proph I saw your town flip comment, I'll consider the scenario tonight.

3. Story Content: Votecount 1.4
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Votecount 1.4

Official Votecount 1.4
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Prophylaxis (7): Delphine (#18), Fontisian (#51), Newcomb (#126), Rubicon (#129), dLGN (#173), Koalas (#269), Snowvon (#270)
    Rubicon (1): KaiDASH (#116)
    Newcomb (1): Jan (#117)
    Snowvon (1): LochNess (#251)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (2): The Storm (#174), Prophylaxis (#295)

With 12 alive, it takes a majority of 7 to lynch. If 9 votes are placed on a single player at any time, day will immediately end with a hard lynch.

Day One ends in 26 hours: Day One End

Mod-notes:
    Snowvon is on V/LA until Wednesday (V/LA stands for Vacation and/or Limited Access to the forum)

I or Fluffiness etc. may be slightly delayed in ending the Day. In the event this occurs, cease ALL posting after the deadline time (you may post solely to remind each other of this if someone just keeps posting). You should ALL cease posting after hard hammers as well, if they occur (9 votes toDay).

I have highlighted the wagon in orange to denote that the threshold for a soft lynch has been achieved thus far (in case that's not obvious).

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ok so .. there is one thing that happened a little while ago and i can see some signs ..

Could people please stay active and in the game, maybe it is just me, but no postings in such a long time.

I am afraid that this is another case of game falling asleep. If people are done playing the game for this gameday, then i am fine switching my vote, and someone else does the same to hammer proph.

The one thing I don't want is people cease playing because they don't think there is anything to figure out. Once people fall asleep it gets hard for them to get back into the game a lot of times and scum take over the reigns. (Hello Witchhunt 5!)

Maybe it's just me, but the fact that nothing happened after my last post freaks me a bit out.
    Gonna do some proph reading now.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Jan: I won't be at a computer until tonight, but. Quick hits:

My initial jab at Proph is calling him scum with Snow for putting a 2nd RVS vote on a partner. Which is an insane intuitive leap putting myself into the mindset of a scum!Proph, but if Snow and Proph are both mafia then I 360 noscoped them, basically. And if not, oh well, it was literally less than 10 posts into the game.

That was probably the most shoot-from-the-hip thing I've done this game and you calling it manufactured is pretty ???

And re: PoE mindset clashing with giving Fonti and easy town pass- who said it was easy? I told you earlier that I was intentionally withholding my main reason for townreading Fonti. I assure you, it's not something she lucked into taking if she's scum. Like if Fonti is scum she leveled it perfectly. Is that possible? Maybe. But if she is then she faked an entirely natural progression on how she went from null to gradually town on me.

I'll write more later when I'm actually at a computer.

Actually hm I see ~something~

fontisian why haven't you mentioned Jan at all, specifically with how he fits into the Delphine / dLGN interactions?

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I just got home and should be around but have a lot that I need to consolidate. I'm here if you want to discuss anything though.

I am assuming/hoping it's a time zone/busy time of year problem more than a people not caring problem Jan.

V/LA Saturday the 19th btw

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Because he doesn't?

I have no relevant thoughts on Jan. I understand what he's saying and what he's pushing, but I don't really agree. Yeah.

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

What about Prophy, fonti?

9. fontisian

Proph has promised content and not delivered. I'm not going to turn around to save him unless he earns it.

10. Newcomb

That's kind of my point.

11. fontisian

I'm not getting your point.

12. Newcomb

dLGN had an early town meta read on Jan that he rescinded. Delphine and myself prodded him about it, but Jan didn't chime in one way or another. And no one's really interacting directly with Jan at all except Proph early a bit.

Eh I dunno this has to wait until I can get to a computer and re read stuff. But like. Negative space analysis. Something isn't here that should be here. Interaction or curiosity wise. Can't quite put my finger on it.

13. fontisian

Hmm. Yeah, you're right, Jan's been unusually out of the spotlight.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I also have the least amount of posts i ever had in a game and i did not talk to snowvon at all in this game, as i mentioned earlier.

The fact that you realize just now that i am not in the spotlight is funny, because you guys are keeping the spotlight on proph and ignore everything else for the most part.
    Which is fine, since he is all but hammered and should be the main topic of the game, but the fact that you are ignoring everything else does not make everyone else scummy.

The game is polarized a lot and reduced to some core interactions while everything else is more or less reduced to nothing.

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

i just lost a huge post jfc

---------- Post automerged at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

literally growling

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Prophylaxis

If you flip town fontisian, Newcomb, dLGN actually looks scarily possible. If fontisian is town.. New/Snow/Storm with an outer chance of Kai and dLGN?

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Jan: Can you please answer my question?

Why are you trying to figure out scumteams this early in the game? Why do you think font/Newcomb/dLGN is possible when you have all three of them as solidly town? If Rubicon is your second strongest scumread after me, then why is he not in any of these configurations?

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Both Fonti and Newcomb being scum is unlikely. Binding themselves at the hip for a single misslynch is -ev play. Not impossible but unlikely.

Why don't you have Rubicon in the possible wolves?
    He could be with anyone in there, no big interactions outside of newcomb both pushing on him and soft defending him.

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

Looking for it gimme a minute.

19. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I have some thoughts that I want to share before end of day on Storm, Loch and Snowvon, but I kinda need them to post first.

Actually, I will talk a little on von. Feeling somewhat disengaged and not quite natural with some jokes are scum indicative for him. Considering his circumstances, though, I actually think he's trying more than I would expect from someone who would be rolling scum for his 3rd(?) game in a row. If he is scum, I think he likes his team. I think fonti's choice to push him this game over other avenues is interesting, for reasons I may or may not feel ready to talk about today. (Though I guess that's somewhat explicable by the Prophy/him stuff, though I just feel WIFOMy about that.) When I was trying to fall asleep last night I swear to god I had this weird feeling of dread surrounding him being flashwagoned at the end of Today, and I don't really know what that means, but I'm going to get scared if it actually starts happening. Pressure on him is healthy, though. I am aware that I am a little biased on him (see:sig) but etc.

Uh...what else. Oh, Jan/Newcomb stuff is still interesting and important to me, but I guess I need Newcomb to be at a computer before I can work through it. I do think it's interesting that Kalas and Rubicon were both in Jan's one real completed scumgame (American Gods) and that in this game, both of them draw really different conclusions from that meta. Kalas was in the game at the time when Jan was bussing while Rubicon replaced in after Jan was having to deal with the consequences of that (and the high town PR concentration.) Which I think is interesting! Especially as someone who doesn't know how to read Jan! So I was wondering if anyone else had anything to add, re: that.

KaiDASH- What is the most concerning thing to you about the game state, if anything? What is your read on The Storm? Also, how bored are you?

Rubicon- I feel like I wanna have a pow-wow with you but I haven't decided what about yet, hmu tho.

I know this was a while ago, but can you explain this to me more and why you posted it?

Is there more to this/your thoughts on Rubicon than what you talked about in 256?

---------- Post automerged at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

When you get a chance - where were you seeing the bolded stuff?

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I think Newcomb is independtly scummy of you, as i mentioned.

Voting on you has no gain.
    I would have voted you to get you in lynchrange near EoD, as i said, but you already are in there.
    But I don't see any reason to bring you in hammer range, unless town actually wants to end the day preemptively. (which means several people i read town calling for it, valid option if the game falls asleep otherwise)

I personally would have prefered a second wagon and some movement to get some votelogic out of this. As it stands we won't get it.

I do not get most townreads on Newcombs, because he has not done anything that would put him outside of his wolfrange and most of his pushes were on the back of someone else.
    You not being able to scumread either of the two people that are pushing on you is offputting.

Funfact for you to read me more scummy :

Up until now Serialkiller as role was only included in eidos 13 man games, 12 man games never had third party.
    Chances of there being third party in this game are very slim, my jab at newcomb was because he hardclaimed sk in his first post (one character he mentioned being a bounty hunter, the other one being a cartel/drug/smuggler lord), and it was as much real as his claim was.

The only person who jumped on me for it was you, for a valid reason (i agree that 3p hunting is scummy, because scum dont scumhunt, and catching 3p is something that makes them look towny), but the way you did not try to read me beyond that and instead stopped at that point makes me think you are more scum for it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

Those are the 2 times he soft defended rubicon by attacking or questioning others about rubicon.