1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I would, were I actually scum.

---

Done a reread up to half of the thread and here's where my reads look like right now:

The Storm

Prophylaxis

Snowvon
    fontisian
    Newcomb
    dLGN

LochNess
    Koalas
    Delphine
    Jan
    KaiDASH
    Rubicon

I'm town, even though I'm probably going to get mislynched Today.

Snowvon is town.

fontisian came off as incredibly townie with the way she handled me. Still putting her in green because Paranoia, but the way that she bought the "IF PROPH IS SCUM THIS IS TOTALLY IN HIS RANGE" and strongly scumreading me for it feels like the type of irrational thing font would scumread me for.

Newcomb has had a bunch of genuine thought processes strewn across the thread. dLGN is mostly similar though I just noticed his "already caught you in your first lie" from RVS which feels townie.

When I read LochNess's posts I feel like they're carefully molded/crafted in some way, even though I like the things she's saying. Just a bit of minor paranoia on daychat coaching or something.

Kalas had the "informative lynch yay" thing that I really dislike, but he's lurking so yeah. He should show some more.. independence? is the right word, as town? He was pretty gung-ho in the WitchHunt.

My gut hates Delphine's first post. It sounds like just the thing scum!me would post - something crafted, lots of questions, etc. Her other posts with the huge paragraph stuff come across as okay ish, but still nervious.

I liked Jan's pressure on Newcomb and his reads list from Day 1, which make some sense.

KaiDASH has still posted nothing of value and his posts are like 80/20 fluff/content. Still don't see how he hunts scum, and every time people push him he winks and says "yo I'm a PR don't pressure me" or something.

Rubicon does not come across as genuine at all. I highlighted two posts in my notes QT:

There are a bunch of other posts but these reads aren't forming naturally at all. And then there's the Newcomb "if you can't figure me out, why aren't you trying to" and Rubicon sidestepped that question and yeah. He also hopped on my wagon with the flimsiest of reasoning and has made no attempt to figure out my alignment.

Should have time for a full PBPA in the morning I guess.

Unvote ; Vote : Rubicon

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I approve of this lynch.

Proph might be bussing, I don't know, I don't care, I'll figure it out tomorrow, but there's like zero chance they're both town so let's just DO IT.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I would like the game paused, um. Honestly wish it was now because fuck it's Day 2 already and I want to be right, and I haven't thought through or posted content to the extent that I've wanted to Today and there's people that have done nothing. I mean I guess it's fine that we used our theoretical no lynch early, I just ugh. I swear to god I will make sure we get a fucking flip it nothing else

---------- Post automerged at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

I will get my shit together when I can though. Ty citrus/fonti/von/dlgn

---------- Post automerged at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Prophy bussing him here seems suboptimal but it's not impossible?

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Please refrain from discussing whether to pause the game etc. In here. Keep it to your quicktopic's actually, thought I said that in my votal but apparently forgot to so just added it now

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

THe lack of votes here is worrisome :/

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vote Prophylaxis

The best option from what I can tell. I've requested a replacement so this will be my last post, thanks for tolerating my activity level everyone. I had no idea I'd be this busy.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sorry to see you go, Koalas.

vote: Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis (6): KaiDASH, Fontisian, Delphine, DLGN, Koalas, Rubicon
    Rubicon (2): Newcomb, Prophylaxis

That's soft lynch. We should have one more in case someone decides to switch at the last minute.

9. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Sorry sorry I was on my way to the cottage for the weekend and using phone to read on the drive up and it died and I forgot a charger. Still here but bought one- this is the last weekend I am away or anything for the game so ultra sorry. Still on phone but reading right now, will be on until day's end and make sure I am around for that

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Love all of these naked votes.

If there's anyone who is town then this votal and this one will be Very Important:

Have a hard time believing all three scum would pile onto my wagon, and I know that me/Storm are town, so one of Kai/Jan/LochNess are scum, and there are two scum on my wagon?

(If there are three scum then yippee)

11. Story Content: Night 2
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Night 2

Day is over
    Will do day end stuff in an hour or so (need computer access)

Edit: Tallying...

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Final Vote Count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Prophylaxis (6): KaiDASH (#603), Fontisian (#633), Delphine (#707), dLGN (#712), Koalas (#727), Rubicon (#728)
    Rubicon (2): Newcomb (#697), Prophylaxis (#721)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (3): Jan (no vote placed), LochNess (no vote placed), Snowvon (#679)

With 11 alive, it takes a majority of 6 to lynch. If 8 votes are placed on a single player at any time, day will immediately end with a hard lynch.

Prophylaxis has been lynched!

Collected around the body of R2-D2, accusations ran wild. Fingers flew left and right, and blasters were aimed. As the day wore by, the guns seemed to coalesce on Prophylaxis. By the end of the day, six guns were leveled at him.

"I'm just the town vanilla" Prophylaxis cried, but woe was him. First KaiDASH, then Fontisian, then Delphine and dLGN, and finally all Koalas and Rubicon began to shoot. "TRAITOR TO THE EMPIRE!" they all cried. Prophylaxis's shield held, then wavered, then as the 6th shot hit it began to fail. He fell, his body laid out before all in the hanger-bay. A DNA scan was run and showed a hit - the results were saved, and a computer printout was read before all inside the hangar...

Living Player-list (10/12):
    1. Snowvon
    2. Newcomb
    3. Jan
    4. Koalas
    5. Fontisian
    7. Rubicon
    8. dLGN
    10. LochNess
    11. KaiDASH
    12. Delphine

Dead player list (2/12):
    Day 0: Citrus, the Town Vanilla Stormtrooper, mod-ascended
    Day 0: Fluffiness, the Town Vanilla Stormtrooper, mod-ascended
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Night 1: The Storm, the Town Neighbor T R2D2, shot
    Day 2: Prophylaxis, the Town Vanilla Stormtrooper, lynched

NIGHT 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night 2 has now begun. Night actions are due and will be locked in 1 hour prior to night end.

Night 2 ends in 24 hours: Night End

---------- Post automerged 12-21-2015 at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-20-2015 at 04:18 PM ----------

By order of the Emperor: Game is now paused, and will resume in one week after the Christmas holidays.

Please enjoy them :p

---------- Post automerged 12-22-2015 at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-21-2015 at 10:39 AM ----------

Mini Mafia #6 will return this Saturday, also known as Boxing Day!

Night will continue from then until Sunday, upon which Night 2 will end.

Merry Christmas!!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Switching to day once I get home to make the post
    Someone make a filler post please and thanks!

Also jwlk is replaced by TN, because jwlk has not responded since replacing in

14. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

Here is a filler post by the replacement guy.

15. Story Content: Day 3
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Day 3

DAY 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As dawn broke, a crash was once again heard in the hangar. Another droid had been sabotaged - ID was once again run with the following results:

Snowvon has been killed in the night! He was the Town Neighbor S C3PO

Living Player-list (9/12):
    2. Newcomb
    3. Jan
    4. Koalas -> tn5421
    5. Fontisian
    7. Rubicon
    8. dLGN
    10. LochNess
    11. KaiDASH
    12. Delphine

Dead player list (3/12):
    Day 0: Citrus, the Town Vanilla Stormtrooper
    Day 0: Fluffiness, the Town Vanilla Stormtrooper

Night 1: The Storm, the Town Neighbor T R2D2
    Day 2: Prophylaxis, the Town Vanilla Stormtrooper
    Night 2: Snowvon, the Town Neighbor S C3PO

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to soft lynch. If 7 votes are placed on a single player, a hard hammer will occur and day will immediately end.

Day 3 ends in 81 hours: Day End

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

vote dLGN

I believe.

17. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

Would you mind giving me a summary of the previous day, fypov, @all?

---------- Post automerged at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Since everyone seems to have run away and disappeared I will quote-by-quote every single post my predecessor commented on.

---------- Post automerged at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Kalas: Don't like Jan's 19. Joke seems forced.

TN: Too RVS to read.

Kalas: Early townread seems premature

TN: What exactly were you trying to gain by throwing out a 'solid' read early day one?

Kalas: dLGN has good scum chance because of ugh!posting

TN: Indeed a horrid post, but still in RVS so meh, scumlean.

Kalas: I kind of like this post.

TN: I like this as well, but I wonder how you came to the SK read on Newcomb. Is it his reaction based on 35?

Kalas: Null, can easily justify as any alignment

TN: The problem is that if a scum gets in your town pile, if you don't re-assess you lose. Remember to be flexible.

If somebody could explain the point in having a QT that isn't a neighborhood is, that would be pretty great, thanks.

Angst is unbecoming. Either tunnel or don't, but figure out what you're going to do and stick with it.

Still chewing, but leantown fonti / leanscum rubicon.

VOD mafia? You mean like DailyMafia via Zoom?

ok fuck it i got to page 5 and have a serious headache going on already.

Delphine is town.
    Jan is probtown.
    KAI is scum.
    Rubi is probscum.
    Newcomb is prob!thirdparty

---------- Post automerged at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Vote: KaiDASH

18. LochNess

Vote: Rubicon

19. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Disclaimer that I have been feeling like a 2/10 but am trying not to replace out. yeeeeah

Hi tn. Personal quicktopics are for notes (von and I tend to take extensive ones, and it seems your predecessor did too?) and for submitting night actions to the mod. Uh, this post and this post are relevant to your posting so far. YesterDay was pretty inactive/unfortunate.

dLGN:

I came into this game thinking that people would underestimate scum!you, and so I've had this sense of personal responsibility for trying to get a good read on you this game. I came into Day 1, and played it out to the best of my ability, trying to being careful not to let on that I'd read a lot of your meta pregame, and to interact with you in ways that would shed light on your thinking and trajectory without distorting it. It threw me for a loop that you came out that early with a really hilarious towncase on me, and it honestly took me way longer than it should have to reset from that insta-pocket attempt. If you are scum this game, then holy fuck, have you consistently from the get-go played around trying to get me to like you this game, and I hate you for it.

All that being said...drunk!me is paranoid of you like I can't even put into words. (Well, I apparently attempted to in thread <_<?) I was in a reread frenzy following that trying to figure out why, and the extent to which it's meaningful.

People's entrances are important to you. If I've understood correctly, you liked Jan's and disliked mine the most respectively. Why was it more important for you to explain your Jan townread to Newcomb than to try to reaction test your top scumread at the time? You did mention that you had an expectation surrounding my reaction based on my frustration in a past game with not knowing how to evaluate other people's meta, but I guess if you could flesh out what you were really expecting me to do/how it would be alignment indicative, I'd understand better.

After that you make an effort to get a read on fonti before voting with her. I asked you about it before not because I thought it was a weird thought to have, but because the tone is so... even/matter-of-fact that I wondered on a reread if you were actually trying to figure out her alignment. In the context of her giving cagey answers to your previous reads, it makes some sense, and it may be stylistic - like, you are "roboty" as town on occasion. I just don't know that I get the mindset. I think I also tried to ask you earlier about your general mindset this game, and I think you are a bit more congenial and sheepy this game than you may tend to be, which concerns me. Do you think that's an accurate assessment of your play?

As a note, I felt a little skeezed out that you voted in the post that you were responding to why you weren't? I guess I'm surprised you wouldn't put your vote where your head was at - Newcomb - earlier, since there had been some explanation at the time from LochNess about how the lynch rules work.

Would you mind expanding on your LochNess read? What are your specific thoughts beyond what fonti/I/etc have said? I've felt like you've soft-defended her a lot relative to how much you've actually talked about her directly.

Thoughts on Rubicon's response to your call-out yesterday?

Also, if you would, humor me and pick someone and give an opinion on the validity of their read on any player.

~

My uh, impressions!, on the 18th, made me interested in Rubicon, Kai and LochNess. Kai I went into detail on in #694 because that's what I had time for. All of my thoughts there still stand. He didn't directly respond to it, though it is clear dLGN's the main highly townread person he has concerns with. I am certainly interested in what comes out of the Jan-stuff in the future. Again, I have less Kai experience than like everybody else so please send help. (´・ω・`)

I will expand further on LochNess after she posts more than just a vote, but there's some stuff I'll speak to now. What I liked about her on Day 1 is that she generally seemed more comfortable than I would expect from scum!her - as I've previously mentioned, I read one of her scumgames and then read the scum QT and felt like she and I have really similar mindsets about playing scum, and I didn't ever really ... smell the fear. When she gives an early scumread on Rubicon in #46, it feels genuine/confident to me. When she responds to me really quickly in #255, I feel like that's a sign that her thought processes w/r/t fonti were genuinely more complex than she was expressing in #216, which seems hard to fake as scum. Early-ish D1, she responded to a question of mine about what the most important thing that had happened so far with the wagon on Prophy being most significant, and says she intends to do an analysis of the votes. She then doesn't post for a while, and I ask her something like "so how's that wagon analysis coming" and she ignores the question, and then posts a read wall in which she only actually addresses fonti's Prophy vote. It made me feel like she's very not self-conscious and is more concerned with providing what she actually finds important rather than trying to appease me/the thread by fulfilling her exact promises. I do think the exact stances she's taken so far are pretty fakeable by her-scum: her Prophylaxis stance seems especially null, particularly with a von townflip, and as I've previously said to fonti, I don't think her giving reads that go against the grain are town indicative of Loch at all based on what I've seen in past games and what she's said about herself in them. It's been kind of funny to me that she townreads me and scumreads Rubicon even though I ask people lots of questions and am really light on giving reads? Though she's townreading me for other things I am doing, I am pretty sure, it just sets off the "AAAH POCKETING" alarm bells, lmao. But uh, I think she tends to fall off as scum so interested to see what she does Today.

LochNess, can you give a more in-depth read on Jan plz?

I've been doing rereads that have involved c-ping a lot of Rubicon posts, but it's going to take mental work that I'm unsure of when I'll be capable of? But it's next on my list. After that, want to articulate why I'm reading Newcomb and Kalas/TN town - a problem with my playstyle this game (high proportion of notes : words in-thread) means that I'm the only one giving myself feedback on a lot of my thought processes which is not really a plus for critical thinking. And then ofc sorting Jan and fonti, going through dead player's reads, etc. Yeah? Sorry, I intended to have my ducks in a row more but the thread seemed dead so I want to inject some life into it.

20. LochNess

Yes- reading through everything now. Obviously will post more, just wanted to establish that I am here and voting.

I only missed the end of day last time because I thought we were running on 72-24 hour times, and the first end of day was at 5 pm my time and I assumed that the second would also be at that time, but it was a couple hours earlier.. Just to clarify I'm not trying to avoid these end of days.