1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pottermore Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Another Empty Frame, Jun 16, 2011.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'VE DONE MY WAITING, JKR!! 8 YEARS OF IT!! IN AZKABAN!!

2. Amythyr

Amythyr Squib

I thought in the first book, Hagrid said that Harry's tuition has been paid by his parents.

I may be wrong though

3. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Nah, it just says that his name has been in the Hogwarts book since his birth. Nothing about tuition.

4. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

Keep on waiting, I don't think she'll ever come around to officialize a particular ritual. She would be (quite rightfully, I think) afraid that some retard would go on a rampage to try to do it.

5. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

She's made sure to inform people that the ritual is horrible without actually saying much about it. Perhaps she's afraid that if she did lay it out, people would read it and say, "That's all?"

Bah, all she needs to do is outsource the ritual to DLP. I think I've read a handful of properly disturbing rituals here. :D

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, if she were to ever release the Horcrux Ritual, it's nearly guaranteed that someone would try to pull it off. Don't mind her keeping that under wraps.

Assuming she's even ironed out the specifics of it, really.

7. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I think it's more along the lines of people say what that's it? I've read worse. Try watching Game of Thrones.

8. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Has anything ever been said on the ritual to make Babymort? I suspect it involves sacrificing a pregnant woman.

9. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

Yeah, I suspect it involved impregnating Bertha Jorkins and possessing her fetus. Sounds like the kind of thing Voldemort will do. Her name even alludes to "birth".

10. Tartarus

Tartarus Second Year

I don't think she would have ever put that into the books, even if they got more mature with every sequel, they were still meant for young adults.

Although, it really does fit.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  11. ForgingClarity

ForgingClarity Disappeared

I think that definitely makes the Bertha Jorkins theory not outside the realm of possibilities. The only other thing we know is that Voldemort was sustaining that body with a potion involving unicorn blood and Nagini's venom.

12. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A great response to anyone who thinks Voldemort would actually waste any effort on creating an "heir." More a homunculus than anything else.

He did have a son. It's just that he raped its mother and possessed it before it ever opened its eyes, then dumped it into a boiling potion that would allow him to accelerate its growth and possess its adult body indefinitely.

Thanks, Dad.

EDIT: Adds a whole new component to the words of the ritual at the end too, with the whole "Bone of the Father, unwillingly given." Yikes.

13. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

Peter must have been the Father in that case since LV didn´t even have a Body

14. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

True, but I doubt he would have let Peter father the body of his next host without at least being in the cockpit (heh) by possessing Peter. That might have even eased the process. He might have 'conceived' himself and possessed the fetus right from the beginning.

For him, it would also have the added benefit of allowing him to rape two people at once (and, of course, he would be double-raping Peter when you consider that it's a violation not only of body if he forces Peter to rape her via possession, but of mind in the very act of possession).

Voldemort is truly a disgusting character if you extrapolate on some of the shit he pulled with magic.

EDIT: That would also pretty much equal anything that's occurred in A Song of Ice and Fire that I can recall for pure nastiness.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Some fics used that idea in the past, about Voldemort possessing the unborn child of Bertha. The idea itself is pretty good and sufficiently horrible.

I'm not on Pottermore but I read the history of the Potter family. I liked it. Harry's granddaddy made Ron finally see Hermione as hot. Rest in peace, great sir. You are the true great wizard.
    I thought that just shows us how small the wizarding world - at least in Britain - really is. Or rather, just how small the pool of 'pure blood' is. It can also help enforce why they were willing to follow Voldemort -- other than just fear. Their hatred of muggleborns -- and to a lesser extent halfbloods -- is not just about the dirty blood factor, but how they are now getting outnumbered by them. As much as they see them as beneath them, they also see them as a threat.

Not that there are only 28 pureblood families. The Potters were excluded because of their name, I'm sure others were as well.

While it would be nice to get completely new stuff, I don't mind her revisiting and fleshing out existing stuff.

16. sildet

sildet Sixth Year

Seems like a good reason for the Smith family's exclusion as well. You'd think the descendants of a founder would be considered.

The most common muggle names in the 28 are Black, Fawley, and maybe Travers.

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I think the only truly good thing about this new information about the Potters (Fuckin' Fleamont, really? Even the article itself preemptively implies they know the name is stupid!) is that it must really eat Snape's lunch, knowing the Potters created so many important potions.

It makes it an even bigger crime that he seemed to try his damnedest to crush Harry's natural talent in the subject (after four years of sabotage, he still nets an E -next to best grade- from an impartial judge).

18. Andrela

Stop everything, right now.

I had NO idea these horses were supposed to be that big. I mean, damn son!

From Pottermore:

[​IMG]

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

That the Abraxans that pulled the Beauxbatons carriage?

20. Andrela

Yes, sir. These are supposed to be them. But they are huge!