1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Well, you pushed against Kai as town, so I ran with that. What if Rubicon is actually town and Kai is mafia? But look at the votes if you color that in. Doesn't look right. So I dismissed it. Hence the "Nahh" or whatever I said. And that's "flipping my reads"... how?

I suppose I am being a bit stubborn about not going back and picking out the quotes of the Rubicon stuff I brought up D1, but I kinda feel like, I'm already making a big effort this game, why should I have to do that if you can't be bothered to go back and look at it yourself?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You do know what a chainsaw defense is, right?

3. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

I'm not particularly reading Rubi as town so how do you call this a chainsaw defense?

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    yes. and also what a 1.5mb 2,917px × 1,685px e-fucking-normous image used to make a simple point is. lmao.

5. Newcomb

I already told him to back off, and I'm not scumreading him really, I'm just pissed off. I also know that me being pissed off is conductive to me tunneling, hence why I told him to back off.

dLGN it would help if you stopped focusing on these asinine fucking nitpicks and actually looked at the entire gamestate. Like. Do you think this Rubicon vote of mine is coming out of nowhere?

Who did I want to kill yesterday instead of Proph?

Who did I accuse of not trying to figure me out D1?

6. fontisian

I believe in clarity.

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    GAH stop going on soft on me. ffs I read emotion DON'T BACK DOWN.

sorry for making you reiterate stuff but I am not being the greatest about notes this game, nor did I read much while I was out of town the past few days, so I am a bit foggy on what has been said.

I get that you colored in the alternative world but idk, I guess you're evaluating it and seeing something that doesn't look like what you would expect and are coming to a conclusion when I have very few preconceived notions about what a wagons should look like so it's kinda ??? to me. but when you choose to look at that other world so easily it's not that your read ACTUALLY changed so much as you were willing to do that SO EASILY after calling rubicon obvious mafia - if he was ACTUALLY THAT OBVIOUS I don't think you would be willing or able to evaluate the alternative so easily. if you believed that he was obvious mafia i'd expect more of a 'why bother' explanation or you to point at some points and stick up for your read.

ughhhh

8. Newcomb

Again - have you not been reading me AT ALL this game?

Going hard at people is EXACTLY WHAT I SAID I WANTED TO AVOID holy shit what is wrong with you?

Like you seriously just want to scream at each other until we radiate town? What the fuck/

This is like the worst of both worlds. I go on FantasyStrike and I hate the way they tiptoe around the game instead of letting people say what they feel, and then I get into a game where people just say what they feel and it's the most unproductive, annoying, tilting shit ever.

Just get the fuck out of my face for like literally ten minutes and I'll try to figure out what's going on this game

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    this helps, thanks.

but, I still think VCA is kinda weak. to each their own.

I am just trying to gauge how strongly people feel about certain things.

10. Newcomb

Incorrect. Refusal to consider worlds where you're wrong is why town loses game. you get no points, good day sir.

It's certainly worth five fucking seconds of thought to realize that it means fucking scum!KaiDASH was leading a wagon on town!Rubicon, and like, no.

11. fontisian

This is pointless. Rubicon is outed mafia. Newcomb's interactions with him are not bussing.

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    LOL

sorry, I just don't subscribe to
    1. Mafia shall vote no sooner than 5th on a towny wagon.
    2. Mafia enjoy pointless, conspicuous off-wagon (particularly town wagon) voting just for shits and giggles.

and similarly ridiculous scumtells you are looking for from the proph lynch. it's beyond worthless imo.

like, your most recent multi-quote of the proph votes. you could ask people about them rather than just post them.

I was fairly vocal about finding it difficult to think proph was mafia. I liked his EOD1 content, I couldn't see a mafia ever self-vote there (and fonti spoke to me as though I was town by telling me she knows how to read him better than I do (implying I am reading him and don't already know), which is why I never believed her vote on me from earlier today. I wanted to go in a different direction until the game stagnated, he said he was going to post some certain content and didn't quite deliver / it was underwhelming, and so I just said 'mistakes were made' as if to concede that we would have been better off with his (mis)lynch d1 (or death n1) just to actually be productive moving forward.

so, you could probably sense that if you read the context around my post and actually analyzed my game thus far, but if you want to just look at how I voted idk, it was pretty naked, sure. and that's why I dislike your current approach to the game.

---------- Post automerged at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

HAS A SCUM NEVER LED A WAGON ON A TOWN?

why is that so impossible?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

is that why you want to clear delphine but are so reluctant????? the whole 'she would get self-conscious about being in that position with an RVS vote????

i don't even understand your logic here. it's logic, or seems to be, but it's based on the most arbitrary premises.

---------- Post automerged at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

and if he's not are you willing to die for it?

13. fontisian

Nope.

/tenchar

14. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    then stop pushing him as outed mafia and wait for him to respond like you said?

15. fontisian

But you pushing Newcomb is so annoying.

16. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    so is trying to decide if you are thinking more than one-move forward. if we're talking general gamestate like newcomb wants to you see the mafia outside of yourself/me/newcomb/jan (I presume, as it's ultra odd to bus a partner on a slip that nobody else caught)

you've called delphine and lochness towny, too.

and rubicon is voting kaidash sooooo...

what kind of mafia team are you trying to sell again??

17. Newcomb

Jan and Rubicon are very unlikely to be on the same scum team because Rubicon naked-quoted a Jan post with "^ scum." Jan calling out that slip was just the icing on the cake.

18. fontisian

Don't really know at the moment.

I don't think the Rubicon/Kai interactions are clearing, because Kai can put a hell of a lot more effort into getting a lynch. Kai might actually be more mafia if Rubicon is mafia?

I would not lynch you or Newcomb. I also don't want to lynch Delphine.

That leaves tn, Jan and Lochness. The team's probably just Rubicon, tn and one of Jan, Lochness and Kai.

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i thought that post from rubicon was kinda towny at the time haha, but idk if that was a day where I thought jan was towny or scummy, lmao

20. fontisian

You're forgetting
    [​IMG]

It wouldn't be the first time Jan's hardbussed a partner.