1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Depends on the situation, now doesn't it?

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Ok so say I handwave Jan about what I think his role is in a pretty not subtle way.

Jan then kind of acknowledges it.

What does he do (with regard to me) after that?

3. fontisian

I have no fucking idea.

4. KaiDASH

Good chat.

5. fontisian

I'm here to help.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Maybe. I do realize the context was quite different.

I meant it more in the sense that you tend to be more reactive as mafia and proactive as town. (As most people tend to be). We didn't bus Atum until he made us. You didn't bash Waco over the head until he started questioning Snow's scumminess. You pushed your Mal case early D1 in CatHunt but only after Mal poked at you for Lack of Doing Things. Whereas your Proph case this game came early, out of the blue, and with no one really poking you, as did the switch to Jan.

Dunno. Feels different. If that were the only reason I was townreading you I agree it'd be a stretch. For me it's more of a "hm well if she is town then after the game this might be a good way to holistically look at her in the future" thing.

7. fontisian

Wait, Kai, I know what Jan would do! He'd fuck with you.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

^ Cannot believe anyone is calling KaiDASH town when he keeps posting things like this.

Liking TN so far, especially him going over Kalas' posts in #737.

Calling your bluff. I'm tentatively willing to believe you have other reasons than just "lol vca", but if you do you've never posted them.

From the way you keep saying VCA is a "starting point", it seems likely you don't have anything else at the moment and are hoping something occurs to you.

Would you agree that from your point of view, KaiDASH is likely mafia if I'm town?

Not the right move for scum, either. Mislynch is better in every scenario. Doesn't it even mean the scum team has to get through an extra day they wouldn't have otherwise?

Also:

Should be clear why I though I needed to vote Jan to avoid a NL. He was still the top wagon when I clicked submit.

I have trouble keeping track of stuff when the game is moving that fast. My brain just kind of freezes.

I only saw her change. I was happy, but there were like 40 seconds left in the day so.

Everything else aside, I do think that thought process makes TN more likely to be town. It's depth, he's weighing both sides, developing his read over time, etc.

God no. He's wolfy, full stop.

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    since you're around kaidash, do me a favour?

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm at a concert type thing so don't expect it soon

---------- Post automerged at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Pumped to read the rainbow tho

11. KaiDASH

Ok so.

I handwaved Jan about his role (here) and he replied in a way that suggests I'm right, or at least that he wants to play along with my read (here).

Following this, he makes no particular mention of me during the rest of D2 and now seems to have a somewhat negative opinion of me given these two posts:

I think given our earlier interaction, that Jan should have a strong opinion on me one way or another. Either I'm scum that was trying to fish for his role, or I'm town that's trying to figure out who else is town.

The neutral fence sitting that he's actually done makes me think he's scum and he just doesn't know what to do in this situation. (He could be town and not know what to do, but I feel that town would try /something/ instead of literally nothing).

vote jan

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    lool it's kind of miserable to look at but yeah, enjoy the show!

---------- Post automerged at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

kaidash ffs spell out what you're thinking. it was obvious you were calling him a role and it's kind of stupid to play around guessing what he may or may not be.

13. fontisian

Newcomb had swapped to Proph as well a full four posts before that. You really expect me to believe that after a half hour of fighting the swap, you tried to consolidate instead of waiting to see what happened?

I mean, Von had time to swap to Proph and then back to Jan. Everyone else got on Proph. How did you not notice?

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Rubicon: You should also give an opinion on tn and his push on Newcomb.

Kai: Why the dLGN vote?

14. KaiDASH

I wanted to see what would happen.

15. fontisian

OK, but why?

16. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    do I not exist? fonti has to ask my questions to get an answer? really?

17. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

There was no more time to wait fmpov. And more importantly, no scum motivation for me doing that.

I think Newcomb voted the same time as me.

Looks town so far. Giving me a much better impression than the other game I've played with him, when he was mafia.

851 is interesting, will let jan reply first though.

18. KaiDASH

Specifically? I wanted to see what Jan and Rubicon would do.

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    the amt of bullshit this game is staggering

---------- Post automerged at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

yeah, kaidash just so happened to be reaction testing the consensus scum by voting me

---------- Post automerged at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:38 ----------

that isn't even an unreasonable thing to be doing, but you've been doing said hand waving with jan for a while now and nothing has come of it. meanwhile idk if anybody feels too strongly about you this game, so even if you do come to a conclusion, who the fuck do you think will even listen? arggggggg i'm pissy atm.

20. KaiDASH

Obviously you should only listen to people you're sure are town and instantly dumpster the thoughts & opinions of those outside of that circle.