1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    because that's what I mean. I don't even feel too confidently about anybody atm.

you're just being purposefully vague to the point where idk why I would get behind anything you say rn.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You are quite new at this game, are you not?
    Making you or anyone else for that matter believe that i am a pr is always good for town, because i am not townread enough by most to be a likely nightkill, unless scum has a pr read on me.

Getting nightkilled is basically the best thing a town can do outside of lynching scum.

Having a strong opinion on you?
    I waved you off without hardclaiming anything to dodge your read while not explaining to you that your read is always 100% bullshit.
    It left me in the gray spot where scum might read me pr and try to kill me in the night for it, which is the best spot to be in.

Am I sure about you one way or another? Hell no. You are borderline useless for the most part this game.

I do not remember you giving a full set of reads or anything this game.
    Some soft pushing and funny comments that is it.
    Everything you did was just in theme with the town consensus, nothing ever against the grain.

You are right that I ignored you after the interaction between us. That was mostly because i had a different agenda at the time being.
    I was doing a reread on Fonti at the time and asking her questions afterwards. (the fact that it was 3 am my time and i went to bed shortly afterwards, because i had to get to my mothers birthday around 10am later that day didnt help, i guess)
    More important for me to solidify my reads on the existing worlds than talking about stuff that might actually give info away that makes mafia not kill me. Esp since you at the time are a possible scum in all worlds, while other people in the game actually commited in some way and getting a read on them gives me more, than getting something on you, which might tip scum off.
    Getting townreads on fonti/newcomb at the point was more important to me, because that destroys a whole world of people more or less.

Also .. while I was unsure on you there, if we are both town and mafia see us talking like that without ever going into details, that makes us both more likely nk targets.
    Why would I take that away from town ever? either of us dying for that would be good for town (unless you are a pr), because we are both not in most town poes.

The lynch that day was proph, and there was no point in looking to lynch scum outside of that, it was a day to try to get your townreads in order.

Today I am curious why Newcomb gave you a pass for nothing. I think we have most likely one between Rubicon and Newcomb (80% Rubicon > 20% Newcomb), which would clear the game somewhat and give us information to read from.
    You called Koalas play "limp noodle" while being nothing but an overcooked spaghetto yourself.
    It is not my job to actually make you play the game.

You had like 1 post this game that looks towny on the first glympse, that was the post where you asked me if i feel ignored in the later parts of Day1 (#371).
    Even that post is only town isolated from everything else, because you did not bother to ever follow up on it.

Let's be honest, outside of Newcomb/Rubicon, you are basically the next person on my list to figure out and/or lynch.
    Koalas was iffy, read me town for nothing and didnt do a lot.
    His replacement (tn) brings a lot more wim from the get go, but i want to read more of him before i make up my mind.

If Rubicon flips town, then I will get paranoid about Newcomb/Font/+1
    If Rubicon flips scum, then Newcomb/Fonti are off the table for the near future, and team limp noodle might actually be a world.

That is where I am right now. You coming out like this right after i start pushing rubicon is rather interesting.
    Need to sleep now .. 7 am .. will write more some time later.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I have posted them. Go look at Jan's last post and click the spoilers.

Summation: you didn't try to figure me out, when I called you on it you dodged the question, you've been extremely passive/reactive and when you do call someone scum it's a flat statement with no real reasoning, you were opportunistically late on Proph on both Days we ran him up, and you were the counterwagon to Proph yesterDay when the two votes on you were Proph (town) and me (town).

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    im dying LOL

5. Newcomb

Oh right, Rubicon, you also asked me if you're town does that make KaiDASH mafia? Answer: dunno. I remember you guys sniping each other but I don't remember anything specific that made me think "unaligned".

It's not like either of you has pushed hard enough on anyone for it to be implausible that you're on a team with them.

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

i kinda feel bad that you just wrote me that many paragraphs that i havent read when this is one of the towniest posts ive ever seen. god

i'm actually excited to catch up because the thread seems super interesting tonight but i need to rest, sorry all, mention-tag me if you need something

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    ps this post is going to give me nightmares

CatHunt 1 (Day 2)

8. Newcomb

9. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

To be fair I still don't have reads on half of the alive playerlist so there's that.

10. Story Content: Votecount 3.2
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Votecount 3.2

Official Votecount 3.2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rubicon (4): LochNess (#738), Newcomb (#748), Jan (#774), Fontisian (#776)
    Newcomb (2): dLGN (#757), tn5421 (#794)
    kaiDASH (1): Rubicon (#744)
    Jan (1): kaiDASH (#851)

Abstain/No Vote (1): Delphine (n/a)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to soft lynch. If 7 votes are placed on a single player, a hard hammer will occur and day will immediately end.

Day 3 ends in 45 hours: Day end

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

That VC mostly makes me think LochNess needs to post some updated thoughts on the game. My read on her is getting kind of stale.

Also KaiDASH reeally wants to figure out whether Jan is a mason.

Okay. I was actually the second vote on Prophylaxis back on page one. Instead of camping out on the popular wagon D2 I focused on my other suspects, which is optimal strategy after a no lynch when games tend to stagnate.

But from your point of view, this "counterwagon" would amount to Prophylaxis voting me, right? You realize he didn't have any magical insight just because he was town?

I think I've posted more than enough reasoning for my reads, and that includes my read on you. I spent a lot of time trying to figure you out, starting in 234, 245 and 250 and then deciding to move you to my townpile in 632.

Nothing to do with unaligned pairs.

If I'm town -- cause you know, I am -- KaiDASH is mafia in most worlds from my perspective and from yours.

12. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

Can someone please explain to me how Rubicon is confirmed mafia?

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I'm the seer. n1 snowvon town n2 rubicon mafia.

cheers!

14. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

So I don't think Jan is Mafia. I think looking back at the beginning, people were pinning him for odd reasons, maybe just people over reading first day very beginning posts? I think both day one votes were just innocent towns getting misread and both of those votes were easy bandwagons..

Also looking at Jan's post here:

15. Rubicon

should probably add an /s before someone CCs, lol.

16. LochNess

What does /s mean? Sorry a little slow here

17. Rubicon

Sarcasm.

/10chars

18. Newcomb

Okay, let's look at some possible alignment pairs.

Jan/dLGN: Doubt scum!dLGN makes a naked townread his first game-related post ITT. Jan's response feels pretty natural. dLGN goes into detail about the naked read here, showing it wasn't something he just pulled out of nowhere. More follow up here. Definitely a "feeling him out" vibe. Especially the "bad at reading you" thing combined with the misgivings / "good point about fonti/Newcomb" - that all feels like it doesn't have an agenda and is honestly trying to read Jan. Jan response. Similar feeling. At this point mainly just linking in case anyone wants to read the interactions themselves. I don't think this is a bus. Followup. Metaread. Genuine regret?

LochNess/Rubicon: LochNess comes out with a "only giving the appearance of being active post at Rubicon early. I could see this being a smack at a buddy. Vira/Seratin did similar things in Hannibal mafia. It's easy to scumread your buddies for that, because it's true and obvious if you're on their team, but it's unspecific enough to not really damn them. Rubicon with the super-soft defense follows up. LochNess follows up with a vote here. Rubicon again goes very soft in the response. I... guess I could see w/w here just because it's so...careful? LochNess reads post, at the end tacks on that Rubicon "still seems like potential scum."

Delphine/Jan: Delphine swats back Jan's early scumread. On balance I think it points to unaligned. W/w I think she'd either ignore it, or slap it down more emphatically? Weak-ish anti-alignment read on that though. Jan follows up with a strong townread for that reaction. This back-and-forth is pretty convoluted for scum/scum.

Delphine/LochNess: Can't really see Delphine puling out her chart to whack a buddy. Lochness responds here. Not strong evidence, but more likely than base to be unaligned I think. I guess this could be w/w talk? The read feels a little over-explain-y, or something. They have some odd interactions where Delphine keeps poking LochNess but not really following it up.

Delphine/dLGN: I thought dLGN's post waxing poetic about how he came to townread Delphine seemed over-explainy. Still feels like a weird post, but it's really tough to see that as w/w. Delphine responds here. Man. This post just reminds me how much these two have hugged each other this game. I'm probably not going to read all those walls again. If it's w/w it's fucking weird. I think it's much more likely they're both town, with a semi-decent chance that one of them's absolutely snowing the other, but yeah if they're w/w it borders on performance art at this point. More. More. More. Holy shit that rainbow.

Jan/fonti: Jan takes the time to remind us that fonti's really good as scum. If I squint I can kiiiiiinda see the part where Jan scumreads me for townreading fonti too easily as some clever scum!Jan/scum!fonti maneuvering? But, meh, there have got to be easier ways to do that. What's the upside here besides Jan looking kinda towny paranoid? Why would he want me to keep looking at fonti? Oh lol right plus fonti tried to turbo lynch Jan and it almost worked. And Proph was town. LOL fuck ok this is a gimmie. Jan/fonti never knowingly aligned.

Rubicon/dLGN: This exchange feels... not impossible to be buddy-buddy. Meh. Not much there really.

Jan/Rubicon: 138/139 is just super unlikely to be w/w. Already went into why. Rubicon explains the naked read here. Not sure Jan shoves Rubicon forth as a suspect like this either if w/w.

Rubicon/KaiDASH: KaiDASH jumps on Rubicon for naked accusations. No trouble seeing this as w/w, especially because KaiDASH is doing the same thing, and I'm sure he's aware he's doing it so it makes Rubicon look even worse. Like - behavior you know is a little scummy and you're scum, and you see your partner doing it, like yeah, I think it's easy to call that out. This post Rubicon calls Kai's vote on him "terrible" and handwaves it as meta. Kiiinda think that points to unaligned. It's a little defensive. Rubicon pokes him again here. Kiiiiinda hard to see w/w in this post.

KaiDASh/fonti: WIFOM too high. I mean, I doubt they'd play it any differently as mafia, but I have no trouble seeing it as v/v and they've kind of done the same thing all game, sort of. Also this interaction.

Delphine/Rubicon: This post and a few others where they just randomly talk about another game. Weird w/w interaction, but not impossible, in a kind of "oh shit I'd better say something to my buddy so it doesn't look like I'm ignoring them" kind of way, but eh, that's pretty dumb. Delphine's followup is pretty Lack of Guile / genuine.

LochNess/fonti: Lochness's reads post has a section on fonti that I think would be pretty ballsy to come from w/w.

LochNess/Jan: The part here where they talk about Delphine's QT/LoversHunt would be a pretty weird conversation for w/w.

fonti/dLGN: This back-and-forth where dLGN is like "fonti that's exactly what I was going to say about Snowvon!". I think they're both good enough to pull off interactions like that as w/w but they've been stuff like that all game. Like hard-aligning D1, I have a hard time seeing that. Also dLGN going in-depth on that me/fonti interaction is just ??? almost performance-art level from scum. Also elaborates here.

LochNess/KaiDASH: I buy the frustration in this post; not sure scum!LochNess makes that post and calls out her partner like that. KaiDASH joke followup. Null.

fonti/Koalas: Koalas hugs fonti here. Leaning on her rep to soothe paranoia is possible as w/w.*

KaiDASH/dLGN: Could see this dLGN post at a buddy. OTOH, the whole snap-PR I'll lynch you thing I can't really. (skip back a page to see the original Thing.)

Delphine/Koalas: Can't see them as w/w after Delphine calls him out for whiteknighting her.

dLGN/Koalas: Unlikely based on the tone of this post.

KaiDASH/Jan: The wink wink PR stuff is like, ??? coming from w/w. Like - I can't imagine scumKaiDASH saying this about his partner, like ever.

Rubicon/Koalas: Weird double-poke of a buddy.

dLGN/Rubicon: Can't see this as w/w ever. Too natural / weird pressure to originate on a partner. Also this. Strongly unaligned.

Delphine/fonti: I could kinda see fonti using the chart to hard townread a partner like that. Kinda organic, or something? Delphine poking fonti for ignoring her is less likely to be w/w though. And the followup about the Snowvon read is suitably paranoid from Delphine who admitted fonti paranoia earlier. Yeah that seems unaligned.

Jan/KaiDASH: Strongly unaligned b/c of the whole "wink wink PR" thing and Jan slapping it down.

Delphine/KaiDASH: Could see w/w with this read.

Delphine/Lochness: What is up with Delphine's continued "why isn't anyone paying attention to LochNess" thing? Feels weird for w/w.

_____

Strongly unaligned: (would probably bet the game that they are not w/w)

Jan/fonti
    dLGN/fonti
    Jan/Rubicon
    Delphine/Koalas
    KaiDASH/Jan

Weakly unaligned: (gives +town to the other one if one flips scum but NOT clear)

Jan/dLGN
    Jan/Delphine
    Delphine/dLGN
    Rubicon/dLGN
    Rubicon/KaiDASH
    KaiDASH/fonti
    Delphine/Rubicon
    LochNess/fonti
    LochNess/Jan
    LochNess/KaiDASH
    KaiDASH/dLGN
    dLGN/Koalas
    Rubicon/Koalas
    Delphine/fonti
    Delphine/LochNess

Possibly aligned: (not a reason for an individual scumread but definitely look at the other person if 1 of them flips scum)

LochNess/Rubicon
    LochNess/Delphine
    fonti/Koalas
    Delphine/KaiDASH

___

Huh okay this might be a Thing:

*Koalas does this again here. This looks kinda bad in retrospect, that twice someone said "hm Proph wagon too easy" and he jumped in, unprompted, to dismiss that notion. Also does this not look like a chain-lynch attempt?

19. LochNess

Hopefully last stupid question. Is w/w witch/witch?

20. Newcomb

Or wolf/wolf, yeah.

W/w = both mafia

v/w = one mafia one town

v/v = both town