1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I wrote the question before Jan voted. I was and will be too lazy to go back and rewrite my thought process this game for tonight at least. Anyone can answer the site Meta question after all who has been playing here. I am not going to go back and read a lot of games here just to find out for myself due to another reason I've not been playing forum games which I am not going to explain.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

RVS-Stage early d1 is quite normal.

Outside of that i am unsure what kind of site meta you might hoping to get.

If you want to know certain peoples meta as either alignment, ask for it.
    Not sure if there is actual reliable meta on all the people.

Waco is town, maybe that helps you.

3. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    Waco Kid I am a virtual novice at forum mafia with my first ever forum game being a 83 person Disney Mishmash . It's not like Video mafia where I have put just a tiny bit more time in. I love talking about myself.

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

An 83 person forum game, that sounds kinda ridiculous. I was having a hard enough time remembering people in the game the one time I played a 32 person game.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

those big mashes are kinda stupid. you just focus on read ing a few of the people early on and start palying the game day 3/4.

played a few of them, hated all. then subbed into one on d3 a few weeks ago and it was actually fun!

6. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    Jan I am going to have auto by day two I think. I already have three villa but that includes myself. Hrmm I am evaluating the merits as I can see at least two down sides to the person who is the gravedigger claiming. I will ponder this for a tiny bit.

---------- Post automerged at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I got double stacked in the Disney game night three by the disney villains and the disney neutrals which still amuses me.

I have played a few witch hunt games on video as well and people just go around claiming not the priest and outing their actual roles too easily.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well it is the first time i am playing a witchhunt where mafia get an extra role that they do not have to use.

That means there is a unused role in this game ..
    It is never the gravedigger i think .. for reasons .. unless the mafia team is stack up hard with other roles.

Kai .. you were curious about me asking for a gd claim, what is your position on this?

---------- Post automerged at 04:35 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

On forum witchhunt .. noone normally outs d1, unless you are the main wagon and most likely dying, or it is a bigger setup and you are gravedigger.

Priest outing really depends on timing and game size, sometimes d2 can be useful, a lot of times it might be better to wait another day (if we misslynch d1, then the angels know who the priest is after n1, and can for sure put a save on them n2 if they want to)

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I have to put in a good showing or I'll be letting down Priests everywhere. Wouldn't it be awful if I was getting lynched D1 and had to claim Priest? So I'll put in the hard yards now and avoid such a situation.

Your analysis is right, but it kind of glosses over the reason for a D1 gravedigger claim - it's a hedge against the chance that the GD is scum.

It's +EV (for that faction) for a GD to remain secret, and similarly it's -EV for a GD to be forced to claim and release info promptly.

The question then becomes, is it still beneficial for town to force a GD claim, even though the GD will be town much more often than scum.

The safe move is to have the GD claim. I think it's probably the correct play overall, since the ability for a witch GD to make up an elaborate world has been buffed with the witches getting an extra dead role - denying them that opportunity is worth the (relatively small) hit that a town GD takes by having to claim.

To be clear: I want the GD to claim.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I received the Priest role card, but me and my fellow witches decided to throw it out. So.

I'm the Acolyte.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

To be honest kai, i have read the exact reasons for gd to claim d1 2 times or so .. and always forget the details. Which is weird for me because normally my mechanics knowledge is up to date.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Anyone else starting to think there's an echo in here?

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hi fellow town (and witches hiding as town).

I am the Priest. Ignore all claims otherwise.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

My fellow priests ..

If we combine all our divine power, the witches should not stand a chance.
    Let's smite them with the burning wrath of our holy vengeance!

15. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Hello everyone. I'm new to both this site and to mafia.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

It's like Fonti embaraced her inner Oprah, "You can be the priest, and You can be the priest, and You can be the priest..." haha

Hello and welcome!!

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hello Aria - any first impression on this game or anyone playing?

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote dLGN

Was that meant to address LochNess, or Waco?

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Friends .. i know this game is only a few hours old .. but could you guys either do some fun trolling including pics/gifs or actually play the game a bit.

I only have one soft townread so far .. i want more.

And Proph .. your quote of dlgn there reminds me of what rubicon did to me on day 1 last game. :D

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote: Jan

This vote is based on posts previous to my first post