1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    ok seriousface for a minute cuz I feel kinda bad bc you are a town lean for me and you asked an honest serious question.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=882463&postcount=170

I summarized my experience briefly last game in that post and linked to some recent games. also that game was my most recent full game and my only game on this website. a few of the players in this game played in that one as well.

ok good night for reals!

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

There's no need to sound so impressed, though it is a natural reaction when dealing with me.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

More serious.

Thanks!

4. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Jan's reaction to Citrus saying that it was too bad he's rolled mafia so many times in a row now sort of stood out to me. Just the multiple posts reacting and confirming exactly what he actually had been when really that doesn't effect this game was weird. But I think I may just be extra wary of him after last game and basically making him my team mate at the end.

Went and watched the Revenant last night late and super tired- going back to bed for a bit but will post more after.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I woke up early for once! Of my own volition!

Does this mean you're townreading me already?

I like Cobalt and Plotless.

My new strategy will be 'initially ignore star players, get reads on easier players, fill in blanks from there'.

Is GD claim happening or no? I figure we can all hardclaim 'not Gravedigger' so that it's abundantly clear they're hiding and can't claim ignorance.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You won't believe how relaxing it can be to roll town on dlp once in a while.
    Town on Fantasystrike is ok, town on dlp is amazing.

Imagine the difference between having sex or making love.

Fantasystrike regardless of your alignment is mostly reads-mechanics-reads-mechanics-reads-mechanics and then you hope to lynch a scum in the end,
    kinda steril sometimes (still a very good feeling to lynch scum, as always).

Playing on dlp involves all of those, but you can take the time to tease inbetween, have a bit more fun outside of it, read peoples reaction to your fluff and maybe, just maybe, eat some strawberries.

It is just more touchy feely, and i am all for that. But maybe it is just because i decided to hopefully get out of my dark little hole for a little while and see the cold sun outside.

---------- Post automerged at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

So much early pressure from you on yourself to start reading people instead of just going along with the flow?
    Are you hiding something? :O

Gd claim - just wait for another 24 hours or so and see what peoples opinion on it is during that time, after that we can actually decide if we want the gd to claim today (i am for it).

Talk to me about why you like cobalt and plotless? not saying i dislike them, but there are others i like and dislike more so far.

---------- Post automerged at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

@dLDN - how many games are you playing at the moment?

---------- Post automerged at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

For the most part i am overdefensive and afraid right now, and my partners should consider bussing me within the next few hours.

7. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Can someone run me through why gd should claim? Aren't they gonna be targeted early, since the only protective role is the nurse, who could be mafia

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Angels! Angels everywhere, maybe!

It is a gamble for scum to kill the gravedigger, because that means there is exactly 0 chance of them hitting the priest in that night.
    If we have an angel on n1, there is a good chance of that person saving the gravedigger, if he/she doesnt have a read on who the priest is.

Targeting the gravedigger n1 is a gamble for scum, unless we hit a witch d1, in that case they can do whatever.

Outside of that, there is always a chance of witches picking apprentice to the gravedigger, in which case they already know who the gravedigger is, and he has even less protection while not being outed, because only town doesnt know who he is.
    (Scum are more likely to target the judge with the apprentice, but it depends a lot on their rolesetup anyway - with one throw away role i can see them discarding something like gravedigger or apprentice if they dont have fanatic, watcher or gambler in their roster)

For the real reasons to force the claim .. i have to look through older games because it is the one thing i always forget, because it is always the right move in bigger games, and there are plenty of reasons for it in my head. :D

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Why do you think LochNess is scum for that post?

10. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    you sound like newcomb here. also we have different towns it seems.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

1. L M F A O

2. also agree with what you said about cobalt and plotless and am curious to read the response to your question.

3. this is my only forum game right now. finally returned and played a couple turbos the past 2 nights and am signed up as a reserve in the genius game, oh and signed up for the DM forum game, but, that's all I plan on taking on. still got stuff going on IRL but at least I have a handle on what's going on now.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

remind me to answer this after the next time she posts some reads or otherwise.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Being mediocre at mafia is only fun for so long! Might as well do what I think I'm good at and let the rest play out as it is wont to do.

I liked Cobalt's reaction to dLGN claiming VT, and think that as a Witch he'd be more inclined to at least RVS him over it instead of just acknowledging it as a possible joke.

Plotless' indecision + him boasting about his town win ratio felt genuine.

I got you covered. (y)

I don't really know how to take that. Thanks? Newcomb is pretty cool.

I have offsite experience with Cobalt, if that helps. I think American Gods was a good game for town!Plotless and seeing how he thinks, though admittedly I mostly read him town for the way one of my scumreads was going after him.

12. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I can talk boring game mechanics if you want after I look at the roles again to be sure what I am saying is accurate. The curse of being a fast reader is I can go through a thread far faster than I can write in one.

I like DLGN , Waco Kid , and Jan so far. I didn't like DLGN's initial post because he said what he said then said nothing else afterwards but his later content made me change my mind. Game mechanic stuff in a tiny bit which really means I am making lunch right now.

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    it was just an observation. reminded me of the whole back to basics, town circle, lynch outside of it thing he did last game. in general i dislike people who say they're playing differently in the current game because of whatever reason, feel like scum do it often to explain why they seem off, but, hell, who am I to say anything rn.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, well. After last game, I'd rather not bite off more than I can chew by trying to get a read on super double undercover Witches.

But if you think I feel off at any point, feel free to make me squirm.

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    that's fair. game thread went up while the first in a pair of ~2-3 hour video mafia games were being randed so I just dropped in to say hi before returning after those games finished. but yeah, i like this little town circle so far, I think.

---------- Post automerged at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

sure, snowvon - do you dislike any of jan, slippery, waco?

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Nope.

I've learned that whenever I don't like Jan, he's scum. I never scumread him, but in his scumgames I never townread him either, which I think is half the battle.

Slip and Waco are okay.I like Slip's enthusiasm. May have to go back to the last WH when I get the time and see what it was that made Waco super duper obvious town and make sure he's following the recipe properly.

Are you conservative with your vote? I know we just played a game together, but I honestly can't recall and cba to check.

17. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I could go on and on about how playing differently is not an indicator of alignment but it varies on an individual level. Some people have very stark differences in how they play based on alignment and others don't. My play style is based on my mood , my level of interest in the game , who else is in the game with me and how active the game is.

The mechanic talk which is based on my own experiences at Witch Hunt is that the worst role from the Witches perspective to have is the Gambler. It gives them every other night immunity from kill power which is useless. Anyone can correct me if this is wrong. So if they have a choice they toss that role from the game.

So in that world the Gambler is always Villa or gone from the game.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

double post to get rid of sig

make me look more professional

---------- Post automerged at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

oh fuck you slip

---------- Post automerged at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

also I'm changing my answer, dLGN

I like Slip a tiny bit. Maybe enough to send him a flower or two.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Explain why you like Jan, por favor

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

But what if the witches know that town would think and and keep it for their fakeclaims?!

Like if witches get rid of it, they can still fakeclaim it, so the info is still null.