1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

So far I think Aria and Slippery are probably town... Aria just seems like a new player and could easily be coached into saying more but is taking it in in day 1. Slippery reminds me of me as a person who hasn't played (or at least in a long time) with everyone and gets annoyed/ confused at all the meta stuff and forum culture.

dLGN is very towny regardless of his vote on me. I obviously don't agree on all his reads- but I don't think scum would necessarily go vote on a persons first post and leave it as it draws attention.

KaiDash is someone I am nervous of right now because everything he says makes sense- like to be leading something- either as town or scum. Compared to last game especially. I guess there are some players here that I just don't want to fall into their pocket like with fontisian. Which could be said for dLGN too .. or a few other players here.. but with dLGN I feel he is playing it less safe and Kai is making a presence and being more safe?

Prophylaxis-- I don't know if he was town just trying to do a read- makes sense for someone to be worried about people pegging others right away, could raise flags for people ..or scum thinking it as easy opportunity to jump on someone? I feel like the first right now..

i'll post more on others later- hate day 1 and need to go through more.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I manage to disagree with half of your reads .. that is kinda bad for now ..

I liked it better when our reads were in sync last game!

3. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I guess you did considering it helped you win haha

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

What about this:
    I'm mainly interested as to why you thought you "found one" in response to LochNess's post, and why you called her confirmed mafia when your vote is on nobody.

---------- Post automerged at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Or here, heh - got nath'd.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

pretty sure proph fucked up his quotes .. the 2nd one is by lochness and not dlgn.

proph do me the favor and talk a few words about gravedigger within the next 24 hours or so ..

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah I messed up on that one since I manually strip quotes.

I'm fine with the gravedigger claiming.

7. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I said correct me if I am wrong. :sniff: What do you want from me ? Witches will do what witches do so forcing them into fake claiming gambler is a better option than them fake claiming a better role in that world.

There are mutable permutations depending on who has what and I am trying to reduce the possible worlds to make it easier for us to win.

---------- Post automerged at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I am hoping he is villa basically. That hope is my main reason but he hasn't done anything to make me think he isn't so I will go with that until events dash or prove my hope was right.

8. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    usually, I think, yes

---------- Post automerged at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

ok i'm satisfied now. It was a semi-serious response to her first post. It was a bit generic and lacked the rusty-but-enthusiastic-to-play vibe I got from her early last game. it was along the same lines, yes, but just... devoid of some of the extra talk about IRL distractions from getting around to post or otherwise that have subsequently shown up. I thought by being very aggressive I could draw out an interesting response but she was pretty non-reactive to it and fairly calm to continue with her reads and not get caught up on it.

maybe i'm a litttttle surprised she didn't call me out for having a questionable read on her anyway, considering I did attempt to vigi shoot her last game? but nbd, not going to hold it against her that she's more objective about the current game than I think I would be?

overall she's towny with the off chance of well-coached, imo. some of the paranoia, thoughts back to last game with jan, etc. seem natural enough for me for now.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

So what you're telling me is, you don't have a reason and you made it up.

Unvote

Vote: SlipperyAxII

We can lynch Jan tomorrow

10. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    and you think he'd be less likely to make one up as scum than to basically admit as much? heh.

your tone seems very wolfy but I don't want to lynch you today unless I can't think of anybody better >_<

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

While rob has done nothing to make him town, neither has citrus.

citrus being aggro without giving a single read himself (or reasoning
    for his reads) is kinda off setting, and nothing i have seen him do before in any game we played.

not ready to call him anything for it .. i have a hunch, but that is something to check back on later.

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    had I known that slippery was rob I would have never called him towny and instead campaigned for him to be vigi'd >_<

MISTAKES WERE MADE

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

made me laugh so hard. <3

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Anyone around?

These posts are pretty uninteresting so...

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Kinda, will either play some secret hitler or go to bed soon.

What do you want to talk about?

---------- Post automerged at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

if the nurse could give the leeroy a live and the leeroy would please randomly charge into someone .. i would be quite amused.

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Thoughts on dlgn / snowvon?

We could take turns if you like.

17. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I'm not sure how people already have reads and everything. I'm also not sure how to read people one way or another- for example, Jan's the only one who really stands out to me so far, but I don't know how to use what I know to make an educated guess.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

snowvon is the purification of low effort right now.

I dont want to judge him for it, i prefer waiting a bit and let him play around for a while.

Some people read him by reading his reactions under pressure, i prefer reading him when there is no pressure on him.
    But the most important part is that there has to be more content.

His reads so far are better than other peoples reads, unsure if i agree with them, but him having some sort of early read on cobalt is fine because they have some history.
    I have not actually assessed his plotless read right now tbh, reasoning sounds valid, but i have not crosschecked plotless play, and since i was scum on american gods i just dont remember everylast bit of it.

dLGN .. have to reread him a bit. i didnt like his entrance a lot, but i liked him more the longer the game goes.

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Aria, to paraphrase an intro thread I once read, you're not always looking as much at what's said (although it is important), as much as why is the person saying it, and what is there motivation, and thus, does that motivation make more sense from a town or scum perspective.

Hope that helps

---------- Post automerged at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

damn, because of the auto-merge I can't get post 100, boo Jan having to ninja me

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Unless you trap someone in a lie or something like that, you can rarely be actually sure about their alignment. (unless you know for one reason or another)

Some peopleyou read because of their meta (which you would not know in your first game), others you just read on their context, and if they want to try to get information out of people.

Asking good questions and all that helps and can indicate someone being town, but a good playeris more likelyto fake that.

---------- Post automerged at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

Proph got 69 ... sometimes you just don't get what you want in life.