1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Outside of me knowing that he was town, his g1 play was objectively not good.
    He didnt push a lot of content until d3, he was jsut there, and didnt care too much.

That is what makes me slightly paranoid. I thin he is town, but the difference in his playstyle between those 2 games is obvious, but then again, he rolled a pr this game, so i guess he wants to be townread, as vt, like he was last game he didnt care too much.

---------- Post automerged at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Also i do not think slipppery was sheepish there, he didnt actually sheep anyones reason on reading me town,he just gave a bad/nonsense reason. (I want him to be town is what he said, i think)

2. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Hmm I thought people were calling you town already and he kind of went along- which is scummy until there was no reason given after which changed that for me. will go re read

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

maybe someone did, but i wasnt hard townread, i think.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The Waco Kid
    On a scale of 1 (Witch) to 10 (town), Citrus is a 4 for me.

Not a huge fan of his posts regarding Jan, but it could just be an annoying playstyle shift.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

scimmed over it.

Citrus called me scum.
    Plotless slight townlean.
    Cobalt was paranoid as always.
    Waco didnt give a sure opinion, but he stated that my last scumgame made him paranoid from obschat or something like that.
    dLGN called me town.
    LochNess called my reaction to citrus out, but was not sure either way.

I would not say that i was hard townread by all the people before slip called me town the first time.

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Kk thanks for the summary . I've go to drive up to the barn and Train some bratty ponies now- I'll be on later tonight to post

7. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    Prophylaxis asked me a question as well. Apparently this board just strips all the sub textures out in delineating the quotes to different people when you use the quote button.

My generic play style as far as I have one is to be sort of laid back and easy going for the most part. Aggressively going after people is something I can do if I have a direction but as of right now I am in more of a watching to see what the other players do. (Sixth soft there for the witches if they aren't paying attention)

Where I am at right now, I have six people I don't feel like voting on which I will spell out at some point probably on Saturday or tomorrow. The seventh is a brand new player so voting on them day one is impolite and rude no matter their alignment which I am not sure on anyway. I am curious to see what Citrus does which will influence where I want to go.

Tomorrow I am going to reread the thread to see if anything stands out enough to alter my current view on the game. I would crack wise but I am trying to play this game in a serious tone since a lot of you won't get when I am joking or not.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

We're definitely far enough into the game that people should be making serious lynch votes.

So come on guys, you can't all be scum.

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    no thanks, i'll abstain for now

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Quoting as I catch up with the thread.

M'kay.

I don't like this post. :/

Why Citrus going ham out of nowhere though? :confused:

Jan just parroted that thought of mine. Seems to be of similar mindset at the moment, me likey.

This is a BIT too much of the newbie card for my liking.

If you don't know how to use what you know, why didn't you pick out specific examples and give your thoughts on them? Like, in my first game of mafia I built reads and gave opinions and fought for who I thought was scum and they killed me night three in that rather long game. I can't hold everyone to the same standard but it just seems a lot like Aria is making excuses in this post.

I understand not having many reads yet as a new player but just like, "idk how to read people, and idk how to use what I think to make an educated guess." Like, just make an educated guess. That's the point of a guess.

You don't want to hint too much at your actual role. Claiming priest to draw night kill is a normal town thing, and there will come a time in the game where everyone more or less will claim later on, I think. This is only my second in-forum witch hunt game, but I have the gist of it pretty well.

Also, having been the Gravedigger, it claiming is usually beneficial to town in a setup of this size I believe.

Idk, it just seems like you keep reiterating how much you don't know what you're doing without actually commenting on anything specific.

^-^ Lemme @ you cuz you asked for my thoughts. The Waco Kid

Okay this has some effort in it, I like you a little more now. The tone of your "idk anything yet" posts just rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Anyway, I'm the priest and I have a red check on Citrus.

Vote: Citrus

---------- Post automerged at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

and btw I am not the Gravedigger and I do think they should claim.

---------- Post automerged at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Also, in retrospect and after seeing what Kai / Jan posted I concur and now dLGN is rubbing me the wrong way.

12. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    The reason I was talking about how I didn't really have reads and wasn't sure what to do was because I didn't but I also didn't want to spend most of the game being silent, so I thought I should be as transparent as possible.

Also, (I think on the same day), I actually tried making reads.

I want to be active and let town know where I am with the game and what I'm thinking so that I'm readable and don't hurt town with my lack of meta knowledge/ whatever else.

---------- Post automerged at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I'm a little confused as to why you bothered making that post only to end it with a quote of me doing what you apparently wanted to see from me and what you say you did your first game (eventually build reads, give opinions, etc). :/

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I was quoting things as I caught up with the thread, so my reactions to your posts are in real-time.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Why would this be something to say out loud, hmm?

What wifom level are you operating on?

---------- Post automerged at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------
    Snowvon, read on Prophylaxis please
    Prophylaxis, read on me please

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

y so srs Citrus? :sherlock:

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I actually mean that though. Not a single joke from Citrus at the start of the game other than the priest claim? :sherlock:

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Not in a jokey mood

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

dLGN: I'm fine with your response.

Kai is sharing my thoughts re: dLGN and it's the main reason why I'm scumreading dLGN. I thought that the "hey I'm VT" add on to his opening post felt forced, and I wanted to know why he wasn't voting the person he was calling confirmed scum.

I thought dLGN's explanation of what he wanted to do with LochNess was kind of townie, though? So I'm unsure at the moment. But this is what my initial lines of questioning were about.

LochNess: I see Waco's #106 as providing reads and an opportunity to look into his mindset. Why do you view differently?

Snowvon: I'll reread the thread early tomorrow and give my thoughts. Right now, I'm just reading posts and questioning ones that give me bad feelings. I was planning to do this today but things got in the way.

Why have you chosen this approach?

In a game like this, we should all be scumhunting and trying to ask questions to determine another's alignment. You sitting back and observing rather taking a proactive stance is worrying to me.

What are some posts you found interesting, or deserving of future analysis?

Citrus: No read on you yet. You're playing very curt, which is something that I can't really glean mindset from right now.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Once he does more of what I asked, I'll let you know. Right now, I like the pressure he's applying to dLGN right now, but that's about it.

:/

Are you playing this way on purpose (short posts that are hard to garner any kind of read from) or is there a method to the madness?

19. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Fuck it.

I'm town gravedigger.

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i... still need to look up what the gravedigger does, LOL. i am going to spend a lot of time on this game tomorrow. I just kind of burned myself out on 3 turbos, 2 of which I went to f3 in.

wake up. take care of a few important things. eat. witch hunt.

oh, it's my dad's birthday so i'll likely go out for that later on but yeah.

---------- Post automerged at 03:27 ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 ----------

do you like it because it's on me or independently of his target (that is to say, the push is well reasoned and towny, regardless of my alignment)?