1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Mostly not on purpose not really. I'm finding myself irritated with fluff more than I normally am in this game, which is making me feel really bite-y.

I'm also genuinely super busy, so I won't have a solid chunk of time to spend looking at the game thread til Saturday.

But on the bright side, I have 4 townreads now and counting, so I'll hopefully have the game mostly solved soon enough ?maybe?

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

The plotless gravedigger.

It practically writes itself.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hmm woke up at 1:30 pm and decided today is gonna be a good day! Maybe.

With that being said .. my townreads so far are :

Waco
    Citrus
    Kai

Unsure about dLGN and Snowvon right now.

Snowvons low activity is ringing some alarm bells.
    I would assume him to be more hyped to be town with me for once, if he was town.
    Nothing to write home about just yet, and it is more a quantity/fluff check and not regarding the quality of his posts.

dLGN .. i mention the way he acted towards rob, and didnt rly like the change there, even if it was a joke, which i assume. The timing was off.
    And I agree that his play doesnt feel as natural as it did last game.

Most other people are only very small leans at this point.
    If you want actual reasons for why i like dislike people, or want to know about the rather small reads/leans, just ask away.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

So you did a catch up on a good 6+ pages of material, and 3 of your 6 quotes (not counting your acknoledgement of my request), and the bulk of your commentary were on Aria?? I concur with your comment about the newbie card usage, but I think there was plenty more you could have focused on.

I like this post. Proph's thoughts on dLGN, Lochness, and Slippy seem to be similar to where I stand atm.

Maybe it's just me, but the way you felt the need to claim as "town gravedigger" just feels like you're being self-concious. Maybe I'd be more convinced if you'd post something/anything towny
    his fluffiness: While I concur with your dislike of dentists your currently being out-posted by the mods 4-2

---------- Post automerged at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Alright, I'm calling it a night. Send me a notification if you have any questions/thoughts for me

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

@Proph - yes he has posted some reads and stuff but it just seems like he is drawing it out to me- trying to post lots and appear towny but not offering anything more. Check 123-125-134-136.

dLGN- there have been multiple discussions of if the gravedigger should claim, why it is good for town etc. and you still didn't even look at the role?

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Mmkay tq.

Why necessary to plug town though? It's almost as though you're trying to reinforce that fact when it might not be true.

---------- Post automerged at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

A lot of the general fluff had already been discussed and I liked a lot of what Proph was saying so I didn't feel the need to reiterate the same things. I'd be more than happy to go back and do so though if you'd like.

AYYYY echoing my thought about that.

The Waco Kid I'm now townreading you.

8. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I don't really know why I put it there. Dunno bout you guys, but I clearly don't look into things as much as you guys. I just put both parts of my role.

You can lynch me if you want. I wouldn't recommend it though.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It's bad policy to lynch GD without reasonable suspicion that the information you're feeding us is false.

10. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

You can lynch me if you want? Why would you say that? If you're town please don't go all well do what you want but I can say I told you so after

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Now that we know who the gravedigger is, lynching him sounds like the right option!

Saves us the trouble of killing him in the night .. uhm .. i meant to say saves scum the trouble of killing him in the night!

I don't disagree that putting in the word town can be a scumtell, but i would not go so far as to lynch him for it.
    If you say that he might be scum because he has basically put no infos/reads forward or asked anyone anything of substance .. well that would be something else.

Plotless, wanna let us know about your opinion of the game?
    A read or two, maybe a made up reason as well.
    Feel free to choose who you want to read, i might read into your picks!

12. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Give me an hour or two. I have an interview soon, I'll be back after that.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Take your time .. still 58 hours till the day ends. I want 2 fun wagons within the next 34 hours .. more than enough time for everyone in this thread to start something.

Talking about wagons :

Vote Snowvon

Impress me! Dance, juggle or tell me a story about cheese.
    As of right now you are underwhelming me, and i do not like that.

14. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I feel better about Cobalt since he posted. I am trying to decide how much I am willing to share this game to help villa without aiding the witches so I am keeping things back. I am perfectly fine with admitting that.

I spent my last game arguing with someone who refused to reconsider his opinion who went on to kill zero mafia in that game. I also spent a lot of time giving thoughtful answers to all the questions I asked which were ignored.

Plotless has claimed Gravedigger so I will say I believe the claim. The likely hood of it being a fake claim would require the witch team to have the apprentice who is on a town Judge and them having the option to discard the role of gravedigger.

On a personal side note, I have never been Vanilla in a forum game which I would find incredibly relaxing to do at some point.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I am trying to decide if Plotless is fake claiming or not and everyone else goes to the town portion. I guess I am not softing Apprentice on Gravedigger this game to the witches successfully at any point.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You should not think about plotless claim being real or fake, unless there is a counterclaim.

It is a waste of energy for the most part, there is only one world where he could fakeclaim. without the risk of outing himself, as you pointed out yourself.

In that world he is scum, there are other worlds where he is real claiming as scum. Just read the person not the claim and you will be doing way better here.

Playing a bit layed back can be fine, but please concentrate on what is important, you should know better. (this is me saying that the addendum to your last post is really scummy)

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

So are we advising that Apprentice bias their picks towards GD or Judge? I don't remember what was customary exactly.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

having a backup gd is the better choice most of the time.

Gambler also should pick odd for the most part, with an outside chance of even to fuck with scum and all that.

But then again, we can assume that all those choices have already been made a long time ago.

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Is the subtext here 'if I were a witch I would definitely know what roles do' or what?? I actually can't fathom a reason to share this without the ulterior motive of wanting to appear town.

Please share with the class. A lot of the... 'obvious' (for lack of a better word) mechanical plays have already been figured out and many players in the game are familiar with them, so it's unlikely that any given thought will be beneficial to witches.

Plotless is definitely the gravedigger. Faking a day 1 gravedigger claim is stupid as town and if the GD is a witch, having a non GD witch claim to be GD is completely unnecessary and introduces ways to get blown out (apprentice & peeping tom).

I'd expect that any pregame/'start of game' choices were made between roles going out and game starting (around a 24 hour gap).

--

Jan: reasons for waco / citrus reads?

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yas, flay him. :whipped:

iirc, at one point maybe in the last WH game I played here it was the first 24 hours of the actual game, but that's probably already passed as well. My thought processes are a bit late I guess.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Waco - mostly gut .. compare this game with his tinyhunt ..

Activity plus interaction with the thread reads towny to me, not a specific post, more overall gameplay.
    That tinyhunt was his only scumgame i played with him, but after having an average start, his game got rather lackluster fast. Right now i do not dislike anything he has done so far.

Citrus - He just does not care this game. This read might be weird, but the way he started playing the game was completly careless about being townread or not.
    And it has not changed until now.

I don't see citrus playing like that as scum, he would act way more careful with his pushes and reads that early on.

Can get some examples in his posts if need be, but i think the general point is clear.

---------- Post automerged at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

The mod would have announced it beforehand, if that was the case, but we just started the game 24 hours after the roles were handed out, so it was not needed.