1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Aria: If you think Cobalt is most likely scum, then why aren't you voting him?

Probably work-in-progress.
    OK, this makes sense if you're coming from the "scum have a need to provide content" angle.

Aria and probably LochNess are town?

fluffiness/Snowvon/Cobalt/Citrus/dLGN/SlipperyAxll.

Three scum in this pile. Let's keep going.

Mostly where you townread Waco, Slippery, Jan, Kai, and LochNess. I like how you came to your LochNess conclusion, but the parts where you townread the rest are based off of pretty flimsy reasoning.

I'm just trying to determine if you're townreading them because you're great at clearing townies, or you're scum and know that they're town.

Kai: What do you think of dLGN's posts re: LochNess? That's my only reservation with him right now. (Also, the fact that dLGN is just not scumhunting is noteworthy)

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

dlgn: [​IMG]

4. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    When did I call Aria villa unless you are asking someone else ? A day pass is just what it says it is. I stated my view on her if she is a witch she will likely tmi in the game which is useful to us and she would make an awful angel at this point if she is villa so she never is a target today.

I felt better about DLGN when he talked more but stated in my last post that I tend to give too much credit to people when they do that. I re-evaluated on him to say I am ok going on him quite clearly.

I am not voting on Jan , Kaidash, Waco, Aria, Plotless, myself, or lochness at this point in time. I want to see what Citrus does when he shows up so he is neutral for me at this point which is what meh means for me. Cobalt has showed up and given some content so I'm alright enough with him. I literally cant remember his fluffiness content except claiming priest.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

?

I mean, sure? That happened, but I don't see any reason to give him +town for his process here.

He made an RVS accusation on someone (not even a RVS vote) and reads them town for not reacting to it. Does he think that scum will crack from a random accusation 10 posts into the game?

I'm not seeing what you're seeing here - not reacting to RVS stuff is completely typical and reading into the non-reaction as he's done is ?

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    you like... did read our last game together, yes? I find town as town. i love scumhunts but not because I look for scumtells so much as try to find genuine towny tone and lines. it's probably a product of getting my start on EM and trying to distill short lines into gut feels. reading people towny for multiquoting a bunch of posts and forming some bullshit case is a bunch of lol to me.

like, think back to fonti's case on you. I kinda agreed with her general point but didn't really see a lot of it, myself. i even said the whole 'if fonti is scum she deserves this one' kind of thing... like... wolves can put forth a lot of effort and create a narrative, yes. but it's harder to maintain posts with a pretty pure, natural, relaxed, and towny vibe.

so that's what I like to find and point out. and that's what I will continue to do.

7. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I actually think you are likely a witch right now. There's nothing to bury you with at this point but nothing to read you villa on. I have already given my view that you don't like to participate as a witch in the thread which is what is happening this game.

There's no mountain of spew to sift through that would keep you away as has happened in past games as this game has been very low key and quiet. If I am wrong about you, you will at least make a competent angel.

Vote Snowvon

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Prophylaxis: I don't think he's "most likely scum.". I'm not at all sure of my reads and I just post them as I'm processing the thread, so I feel uncertain voting for anyone atm.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Unvote

Vote: Cobalt

Will actually read the game-thread tomorrow. Spoilers: it's gonna be good

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That's lazy.

What's your reason? Get at me.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I can smell your fear

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” ~Bill Gates

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jan: work in progress.

dLGN: I'm getting the vague impression that you're holding back.

Loch: super sorry to hear about that. <3 hope recovery/repairs/etc. go smoothly!

Citrus: I wish your votes would come with explanations.

Simultaneously can and cannot believe fluff still hasn't posted since he randomly dropped by.

?
    - I'm pretty sure you've never played with me as scum
    - my last couple of scumgames say otherwise w/r/t not enjoying participation
    - I really hope you aren't trying to apply my video mafia meta here, if that's what I think you're doing
    - evidently, you've never seen me try to be an Angel (re: Tinyhunt)

I'm not stupid. I know fluffing gets me townread. I'm just not very happy IRL, therefore I'm probably not going to radiate joy itt.

(my QT is always lots of fun, though. idk, maybe it's the diary-esque atmosphere, whereas here I'd like to look at least somewhat competent)

I asked fluff about his thoughts on Loch/Waco, but that's probably never going to happen, so I'm redirecting it to, hm. Cobalt

13. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Alright, I just remembered that I said I'd do this yesterday. Interview went well, I think.

I think Waco is my top town read, ignoring my instinct to instantly tunnel people who doubt me (see last game, where TMNT turned out to be scum). I feel like Waco has actively been working towards something, and though it would be in the scum's interest to kill me off quick, it's probably not something they want to draw attention to, so I appreciate the lack of caution.

I like Jan, but liking Jan led to suicide a-la-russian-roulette last game, so I'm gonna have to look back on that later.

I... don't really like dLGN. Sure, not posting (like me) is scummy, but I'm of the opnion that lots of posts with little content is worse. There's a lot of talking and very little content coming across, and a lot of it seems a little forced. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel.

Aria's playing like I did last game. I get where she's coming from, so I don't think I'll read scum from that.

Von is von. I'll come back to that in a bit.

Loch has been back and forth for me. I'm having a problem reading people that I don't know, I'll have to dig up previous games.

I like Proph. I generally play very defensively and rarely push unless pushed, but I can see that Proph has been pressuring people for reads and giving his own, and I'm happy to let that continue for the moment.

I'll do more later.

14. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Just a heads up, I got stuck at the office due to the snow (I work overnights), and as a result will be limited in my ability to post for the next 24 hours.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Waco is one of my top town reads rn. I actually wasn't bothered by Loch at all and I think they're likely town.

Sorry that happened to you btw Loch.

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

omg a damn mess. I'm snowed in my house w/ my family and boyfriend and called out of work tonight.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, now answer the unspoken second half of the question (spoiler: it's 'why?').

Is Waco strictly due mindmelding?

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i fucking love the passive aggressiveness in this game so far LOL

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Mostly.

As I've been reading, Waco's been saying exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure you know from that game you just ran, that usually signifies the other person also being town as far as echoing my mindset goes.

That and he just seems straight up logical to me. Town mindset, solid logic = strong townread.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sorry, should have clarified: I was asking 'why' for both Waco and Loch.

I only explicitly asked about Waco because I went through your posts and your only mention of a townread on him was because he said something you were thinking.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Well today's been pretty lackluster.

Gonna spend some time here now, and then maybe some later depending on timing and how I feel about things