1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Movies that scared the crap out of you when you where young

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter North, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MoltenCheese

MoltenCheese Seventh Year

The Passion of the Christ. I watched it when I was in fourth grade. No doubt the single most terrifying movie I've watched in my childhood.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Really? That seems like an awfully violent movie for a fourth grade class to watch.

3. MoltenCheese

MoltenCheese Seventh Year

Yeah. I was raised in a conservative Christian home, and they showed it in a Church event I attended. To be fair, it was for the Youth Group and I got tagged along because of circumstances. Still, I can't understand why they didn't stop me from watching such a grusome movie.

4. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I ain't afraid to admit it: Scooby Doo On Zombie Island. That shit is scary for a kid.

5. mort

mort Groundskeeper

i remember reading watership down as a kid, still read it every now and then because it's just that awesome, but yeah- the movie was not for kids, even kids who'd read the book yo.

also don't watch event horizon as a kid either, or the ring for that matter. freaking gave me nightmares for weeks.

6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I could never watch just half of a scary movie when I was a kid. If I didn't know how it ended, I'd never be able to sleep.

Now, I also loved Sci Fi movies, so when I saw that Event Horizon was coming on, and that it was a sci fi, I stayed up to just watch the start. It was about 12am when I realized there was no way I couldn't not watch the whole thing. I had to know how it ended in order to sleep.

Knowing how it ended didn't help me sleep that time.

7. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When I was a kid I'd have shut Event Horizon off in the first ten minutes, what with the scientist's dead wife. A lot of these horror movies I didn't see until I was older, lol.

8. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

The Exorcist. One of the few horror movies I watched when I was younger and it definitely scared the crap out of me.

9. stauracius

stauracius Squib

High Score:
    Scream 1- I was channel surfing and flicked over to it during one of the scenes when Mr. Scream suddenly pops out from around the corner with his mask on. That one experience was enough to have me reaching around the doorframes in my house to make sure the light was on in the room I was about to step into, just in case he was hiding in the dark waiting for me.

10. Solaire041

Solaire041 Squib

High Score:
    Remember watching Lord of the Rings: Return of the King with my dad sometime in grade school.

Most of the things in that movie were pretty tame for me, but goodness...when Shelob came out I distinctly remember almost wetting myself.

11. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Oh god is that the one with the zombie pirates and the cajun witch werewolf cat creatures with voodoo dolls and the gang started melting when she put them near the fire?

Seconded

12. Negaminx

Negaminx Squib

The Grudge. Ghost chick disappears a girl from under the holy protection of blanket. If under the covers aren't safe then God has truly abandoned us.

13. delightfully

delightfully Squib

High Score:
    I think the only movie I saw when I was young that scared me was a bit of The Silence of the Lambs that my babysitter put on. My brother, however, was TERRIFIED of The Brave Little Toaster.

14. Awenclear

Awenclear Squib

The Cat in the Hat Movie. The cat was just way too realistic for me and the scene with the green slime will make me cringe to this day.

15. bobbybrown

bobbybrown Squib

I don't think there is a film that scared me enough for me to remember it but i remember a Halloween episode of a Disney show called lloyd in space where everyone on the space station turned into monsters/zombies exept Lloyd and it made me have nightmares for weeks.

16. nsd

nsd Squib

High Score:
    I used to watch horror films all the time as a kid, but the only film that ever really scared me at that age was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. When she's running through the woods and all the trees have faces, when the queen becomes the old witch and she's trying to make her eat the apple...still fucks me up a little to this day, to be honest. And it's only thinking back on it now that I realise how supremely messed up it was. The queen telling the huntsman to bring back her heart in a box? And that's a kids film/story? Shit.

17. geofff1

geofff1 Muggle

Many ghost stories. I remember the chucky series. Never had a doll after those.

18. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was by far the scariest mother fucker from my childhood. Still gives me the creeps.

19. DsRaider

DsRaider Squib

High Score:
    Jurassic Park. My parents brought me to that when i was like 12. Those dinosaurs were super scary on the big screen. I had to leave the theater I was so scared. It's a pretty funny memory to look back on now though.

20. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Arachnophobia. Holy crap that giant ass spider in that barn was nightmare inducing for days.

Jurassic Park. When I saw it in theaters I sat up front with my uncle in a juvenile attempt to be more mature but when the T-Rex's entrance scene hit I changed my mind and ran back two rows to sit next to my mother.

Only ones I can think of.