1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Games you wish existed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

A good Silent Hill continuation, and a remake of The Suffering.

2. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Age of Mythology 2

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The former isn't the case (in fact, the ability to customise the ships to a ridiculous degree was one of the most popular features) but the latter is. Combat is entirely automatic.

If you want tactical rather than strategic control then Stellaris isn't going to be for you lol.

4. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nah. More people need to play Tabletop RPGs based on the feedback in this thread d:

5. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'd like some professional versions of the WC3 custom engine RPGS. Generally speaking they were very grindy, but being session based if you wanted to 'take a break' and help out low level characters you were able to. Many featured different tiers of 'evolving' characters using -typically- tropes or other symbolically important names for classes to evoke a player fantasy. They were usually capable of being done solo with enough grinding, but if done with a group of people you could accomplish more with less gear. Grinding was part of the game, but having differing 'tiers' of grinding meant you weren't doing the same content over and over again, and moving up in tiers gave you a sense of progression and advancement.

Many featured a crafting system that went hand-in-hand with the level grinding system. The relative strength of the 'genre' was that it allowed for short sessions and it is very simple, but time consuming. You could generally tell how much time someone invested into the game by their +stats and how impressive their character model is. In general they appealed to the "kill lots of things and big numbers" crowd that plays Diablo 3 now, but there was more ability to predict when you would be able to make progress due to the linear nature of progression (as opposed to Diablo 3, which requires RNG to be in your favor to progress at all, and there's very little build up to being able to progress to the next tier). While RNG played some part in the game (some games had a fail rate when attempting to progress to the next rank of an item) the repetitive nature of the game meant that success was visibly inevitable, as opposed to the more intangible nature of inevitability in Diablo 3.

Given that these were all home made projects, people could try all kinds of different ideas in these RPGS, or even base them off other ideas. Obviously in a professional game this isn't legal, but I'm just trying to give some background for people who were never able to play any of these (Because they didn't play Warcraft 3 custom games). Games that fit the arch-type that i'm thinking of -within the Warcraft engine- are HM RPG and Masin RPG.

6. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

An English Localization of:

Sora no Kiseki: Third Chapter
    Zero no Kiseki
    Ao no Kiseki

7. _GitGud_

_GitGud_ Fourth Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love strategy, that's why I play Starcraft2. I'm gonna try Stellaris when they release it. It doesn't have to be MoO2 to be fun :).

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is this a jab at LA Noire? I've heard it was at least decent, though I've not played it yet myself.

Shinysavage I've been reading Mistborn, I'm 3/4 through the first Wax and Wayne novel, and I've been considering whether a Mistborn video game in any way is feasible. My ultimate conclusion is that a BioWare Action RPG set in an open world where movement has verticality like in the Arkham games would be the best fit for a game where you play as a mistborn in Luthadel or Elendel (any large city really.)

Ultimately I think that playing as a Mistborn would be the best type of character to have.

Also it would be important that it doesn't strive to comply with canon probably... too restrictive.

9. James

James Unspeakable

i completely missed la noire, so thanks for that. I wish something in modern setting existed, but Ill check this out. .

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  10. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think the original trilogy would definitely be too restrictive, but given that there's something like 300 years between trilogies there's got to be potential in that time period. Mistborn would definitely be awesome, but I'd say that would perhaps be best left for a New Game+ reward rather than an initially available class, but the variety of Allomantic powers would make for a crazy amount of variation in gameplay styles even before you consider Twinborns like Wax.

But yeah, I picture it as a cross between Red Dead Redemption and Arkham City, with superpowers. How can you fail with that?

11. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

A massive open world lotr RPG, developed by CD Projekt
    Harry Potter mmo or open world RPG

12. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

13. Eltrebor

Eltrebor Squib

High Score:
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3

14. unorfind

unorfind Third Year

We just got recently second chapter so it won't happen anytime soon but yeah I recommend Trails in the sky I & II for any fan of tradition jrpgs.

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

If they were to do another fantasy open world RPG, I would prefer them to do ASoIaF.

16. Rache

Rache Headmaster

A realistic Harry Potter RPG with realistic skill progression and ability to choose between Order, Ministry or Death Eater ideology and set of seperate tasks for each.

17. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Well, Cold Steel II has been confirmed by XSEED for later this year. I imagine 2017 will be to finish up Cold Steel and then hopefully we can get Sora no Kiseki: Third Chapter.

18. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Solitaire 2016

19. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What exactly do you think of as "The Ministry" ideology and how would it be different than Order/DE?

Actually in a general sense almost none of that makes any sense. How would Ministry tasks not be the same as DE/Order ones depending on who was 'in power'? And there's no realistic skill progression in the HP universe, so how would you implement it in an RPG?

20. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Levelling allows access to new spells, which are execution based with a VR wand.

I'd almost make it like Persona. 60-70% is non-combat - going to classes, hanging out with friends, solving mysteries, exploring Hogwarts.