1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Games you wish existed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Played Sleeping Dogs?

It's not GTA, and it's Hong Kong not Tokyo but it's probably the closest you'll find and it's pretty damn awesome, I prefer it over GTA to be honest.

But to your question, the answer is how many innocent souls do you have?

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How'd you feel about Transistor? I preferred it to Bastion, but they're kinda different tbf.

Also, re GTA Tokyo, ever played the Yakuza games?

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I bought it a while back but haven't actually played it. I'm saving it for summer when I'll be able to enjoy it fully without the looming reminder of work on my mind.

4. GodKiller999

GodKiller999 Squib

High Score:
    I always wanted a MMORPG with a skyrim style of progression, being limited by a class rather than what you wanted to do is something that annoys me with most MMORPG.

5. quixoticcool

quixoticcool Third Year

High Score:
    A couple friends and I had the idea a few years back for a completely player driven first-person wargame, a bit like Planetside 2 but with less vehicle/respawn spam and more emphasis on tactics and logistics. I don't think I've avoided being at least mildly disappointed with a game since.

6. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

I want Mount&Blade in Elder Scrolls.

Imagine, say... Skyrim Mount&Bladified.

You are Dragonborn. The blood of Talos runs deep in you. You are the rightful Emperor, and you will take it - by force if you have to. Raise an army, bringing forth your faithful Nords, already discontent and smite the pretender Ulfric, or seeking a 'deal' with the Elves, pretending to be their puppet to use their might before turning upon them.

All sorts of cool nonsense. Awesome Skyrim lore, possible religious clashes - you may become forced to pledge to another god, drawing ire of the Nords or the Blades, or find a Daedric Artifact and challenge your men's faith. Artifacts have much more meaning; Dawnbreaker could literally kill the sun, giving cover of night or heat of sun for any engagement. Bring the Blades back to glory, or condemn them. All the while as you reclaim your empire, the dragons seek to return to the world, with unknown goals... and a Dragonborn they see as threat.

7. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

There is at least one mod, but as far as I know you'll have to comb the depths of the internet to find the latest/working versions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CGzmWy0IFU

8. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There was that April Fools a few years ago featuring Sydney in GTA. It would be neat to see a non-US city again.

9. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    IDK about that, America has such a pervasive narrative of guns as embodiment of power and righteousness, as well as a very identifiable (thanks to proliferation of American media) cultural pulse that makes it prime for a top to bottom combination of satire and parody. I'm honestly a little worried also that such an attempt with other cultures might come off as too aggressive? not sure.

When it comes to the future of GTA, I want VI to be set in Vice City in the year 2019 or 2020 (which is when I expect another one anyways) and for the plot to focus more on the IAA (the CIA analogue) and surveillance state type stuff.

10. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Australia had some pretty serious crime issues in the 70s and 80s. I think it would work well myself.

GTA is a subtle parody. There is plenty of material there to work with. It would work in Vice City too.

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want a Gothic sequel. A proper one, not like this Arcania abomination. With a combat system being a mesh of the one from I and II (peculiar keyboard-based controls actually froced you to use the block and you had to time your strikes precisely, or even a stupid wolf could kill you) and the typical keyboard-mouse combo from III (more fluid movement, but melee consisted mostly of swinging away without much variety - heavy attack was only really useful with dual wielding).

Gothic was dark fantasy before Dark Souls was even the beginning of a concept of an outline of an idea. Also, I miss Diego and the gang.

12. tomio

tomio Squib

I'd love for a great RPG, using current-gen graphics, with Oblivion-like storytelling. But unfortunately, that would require a big studio taking longer than would probably financially acceptable.

13. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When asked about a possible GTA London or Tokyo, Rockstar have stated that they feel GTA is America and they won't be doing a game based outside of it.

They also said that's not stopping them from making a completely new game based somewhere like London.

14. _GitGud_

_GitGud_ Fourth Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Risen is the spiritual successor(of G1 and G2, fuck the new ones) and If I remember correctly, It has the same type of combat system and snarky voice acting.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  15. ScottPress

High Score:
    Tried the first Risen, was meh. Maybe not even a sequel, just a remaster to update the graphics and some tech quirks and make it Windows 8 compatible. I'd play Gothic again. Music was epic.

16. _GitGud_

High Score:
    I just installed Gothic 3 with the community patch 1.7 questpack 4. Last time i tried it a boar killed milton when I first met him and the first bloodfly stunlockfucked me to death whenever I got hit once. I hope the community made it playable.

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Oh man, Gothic 3 is a great game if you approach it with the right attitude. In previous Gothics, you could choose one weapon and slash your way to victory. If you're starting the game and trying to kill bloodflies in melee, you're doing it wrong. Use the bow. Boars are tough fuckers in the beginning, but there's literally a hundred other things you can do to level up.

18. _GitGud_

High Score:
    I fucking love it. So many quests. And I just killed my first dragon with perfect 15 minutes of kiting and aim :D. This game will consume me. I'm currently doing melee since I have no idea where to learn magic. Does it actually get stronger? Wolves are still a complete bitch, almost as bad as goblins that dodge EVERYTHING! A tripple fuck yeah for the advanced community AI that allows mobs to all attack at once.

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    Gothic isn't Oblivion, eventually you'll be one-shotting wolves with one puff of your morning breath. The world doesn't level up with you. You'll need that for when you have to conquer cities mostly by yourself.

Magic can be learned in shrines, but you need high enough arcane knowledge to learn new spells. I think. I haven't played G3 in a while.

20. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Risen 1 is pretty good, but most people won't like it unless they're serious RPGers. It had interesting plot and interesting gameplay, but there was a lot of flaws, half of which probably come from it being a half-assed port. The most obvious of which is the fucking game text was so small that you couldn't read it unless you had an awesome screen, which I didn't on my first playthrough. The sequel is pretty much unplayable though.