1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lucifer

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Peter North, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

New episode. Cracky as hell.

I liked it very much.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    'Momma Decker'. First conversation was super lulzy. Lucifer seemed to think so too.

Mazikeen going to Linda? I never would've seen that coming. Very interesting.

Poor Dan just can't catch a break, can he? I feel so sorry for him. He's a stereotypical good guy in a show where stereotypical good guys don't have much luck.

More character development for Lucifer, yay.

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

This has been renewed for season 2.

4. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Does that mean that the previous episode was the last of Season 1? o_O It didn't feel like it.

5. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

3 episodes left.

I guess it didn't come down to the last episode. Either the ratings are good, or they like it enough to give it another season to grow.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

So, Lucifer is only mortal when he's around Chloe. Is it because of her specifically, or whatever way he feels about her?

But then again, he survived multiple gunshots in the first episode while standing over her.

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well, I wouldn't be too surprised if it's some sort of 'she makes me feel human, so I am' thing. It sort of fits how things have gone (first episode), though it does beg the question of why distance specifically, and just how far away from her Lucifer regains his immortality, and also if that distance is growing, etc.

8. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It's probably a bit of both, since his powers didn't work on her in the first episode either, which is likely connected.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  9. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

I kinda saw the Chloe makes me mortal thing coming - she's the only one we ever saw hurt him aside from Amanandiel. Though I honestly thought she'd be the only one who *could* hurt him, and we'd get some wacky explanation like her mother was an Angel... but that was Jossed last week.

10. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah, a lot of people were thinking it would be this, or hoping even, lol, but the first episode was kind of a curveball in that sense. We see his powers fail against her, but later we see him tank a number of bullets while right on top of her. It's likely a combination of some intrinstic factor to her making her immune to his powers while at the same time his growing closeness to her makes him mortal.

11. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

At this point, my theory is that God is just fucking with him. Perhaps God's attempt to put Lucifer on a path to redemption? It also seems Amanandiel might be taking Lucifer's place in Hell as he spirals into darkness.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  12. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I don't think her mother is an angel. I think her father is. I think she'll be something like Lucifer's natural successor, if he wants her to be.

She offers him the chance of redemption and the cost is condemning her to rule/or just inhabit hell. Oooh, conflict.

I've read the comics, so I'm trying to roughly guess how some elements might come to be incorporated. It bears really little similarity though, so it's a crap shoot.

That said, it was nice to be vindicated that Chloe was the source of temporary mortality. I'll keep looking for evidence to support my theory as the show goes on in true confirmation bias fashion.

13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think Amenadiel is currently making excellent progress in his journey towards being the new lord of hell.

14. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So watching this latest episode has finally set me on loving this show, it's had its pitfalls and stumbled along the way but it's an episode like this that I think honestly shows the real potential of the series.
    I don't think I've ever enjoyed Tom Ellis more than this, for once there was serious, real, raw emotion in everything he did and you realize that you honestly feel bad for the Devil. He just straight up killed every last scene he had from the first moment until the last.

I was also finally getting on board with the Malcolm character this episode, his scene with Amenandiel in the parking garage was fantastic. The look of impotent rage on Amenandiels face when he saw Malcolm's get out of hell free pass and heard "#TeamLucifer" was simply fucking hilarious.

So long story short, Im now officially all in on this show.

15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Wait, hold on. How is Malcolm not in jail? How is Malcolm AND Dan not in jail after the shit that went down? Wasn't Dan super determined to turn Malcolm in?

"You're supposed to be blond."

"Yes, I get that a lot."

I lost my shit. lolololol

I have no clue what Maze is thinking. Apparently she's grown to like Amenadiel? Because they're sleeping together and have been doing so for 3 weeks, and only people in love do that, right? Right? Sworn loyalty to Lucifer is a flimsy thing.

And of course Malcolm again walks away because plot.

I liked Lucifer's monologue, at least.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  16. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

That was a pretty good episode all things considered.

People were funny, Lucifer and Tom Ellis were amazing and a pretty good story to go along with it.

Maze annoyed me though, talking about being used as a pawn. No one made you betray Lucifer mate.

17. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

More to point Maze was the one who decided to seduce Amendiel. Nobody made her do it.

Anyway I liked this episode. The Lucifer's monolog was similar to what Lucifer of Comics said to Dream but Actor Nailed it so well. Could have bungled it.

18. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

So wow, excluding maze somehow pulling the moral high ground out of her ass, that was a pretty excellent episode from start to finish.

and there I was thinking detective 'stache would actually make another good foil for Lucifer long term, being the only cop who'd actually believe him while they're on cases and just generally being handsy. That didn't last.

19. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, great episode, and my theory that Chloe is probably the show's adapted version of Elaine Belloc gains more and more credence in my mind. And yeah, was actually enjoying Malcolm being a good foil, though it became increasingly obvious he was unstable and obsessed as the ep went on.

Pretty sure Malcolm and Dan aren't in jail, because Dan learned that Lucifer somehow survived taking several bullets tot he chest and walking away without a scratch and that he handled Malcolm on his own. Dan's a good guy, but turning in Malcolm means turning in him himself, and he still wants to to fix things with his family.

If that makes sense.

20. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well that was a fantastic episode. Guy who plays Lucifer absolutely nailed it.

I'm definitely a lot happier that it's been renewed for S2. I hope that they can keep the plot moving forward though, I'll be quite disappointed if Chloe stays clueless for much longer. There's only so long they can make that the main point of interest in the story.